Oasis Refurb

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The tables are only 3 sided as the grill is in the centre.  Ideally they seat 8 but they do cram 10 in. This picture shows the 3 Izumi tables  as they are set up on Oasis class ships 

089AC2D2-7F22-4138-8D49-85905A8FF772.png

Doh! Yes you are totally correct - 2 at each end and 5 down the side makes 9

Thank you for correcting me!

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2019 at 2:50 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

Who else is impatiently awaiting the first reviews and videos of the post refurb Oasis?!!  We’ve been on the other sisters, and will be doing Oasis in Feb.  I can’t wait to see tours of the ship, once it has been updated 🙂

We just got off of her in August and are booked again from Bayonne next summer. Looking forward to seeing the differences.

• Like 1

I just booked Oasis for February. I have not been on any of the 4 Oasis class ships yet and I  spent quite a while trying to decide which one to choose. Symphony is newer but quite a bit more expensive. Harmony sails out of Port Canaveral which is more convenient for us. Allure hasn't been amped yet and  I wanted a ship with all the bells and whistles. Oasis will be newly amped and has some new additions that sound interesting but sails out of Miami. After careful consideration I narrowed it down to Harmony and Oasis and chose Oasis because of CATS! I loved Cats on Broadway so I'm really looking forward to seeing it again on the Oasis.

I probably would have enjoyed any of these 4 ships. I hope I have chosen well😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I just booked Oasis for February. I have not been on any of the 4 Oasis class ships yet and I  spent quite a while trying to decide which one to choose. Symphony is newer but quite a bit more expensive. Harmony sails out of Port Canaveral which is more convenient for us. Allure hasn't been amped yet and  I wanted a ship with all the bells and whistles. Oasis will be newly amped and has some new additions that sound interesting but sails out of Miami. After careful consideration I narrowed it down to Harmony and Oasis and chose Oasis because of CATS! I loved Cats on Broadway so I'm really looking forward to seeing it again on the Oasis.

I probably would have enjoyed any of these 4 ships. I hope I have chosen well😊

I'm looking forward to the updated version, both ship and musical.

I have been on all 4 oasis class ships. This is my 3rd time on oasis. Symphony was our favorite with Harmony just behind. Cats is our least favorite broadway, even with a shortened version I will not go. I do like the cabins on Harmony and symphony better because of the closet location. I do not see and of this getting added to oasis. To much work and money. 

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Just normal wear and tear. She's only 10 years young.

True.  

Question -- do they replace mattresses with any regularity?  Or do they just replace some here and there if they receive enough complaints about a particular cabin?    

Well, they are doing something to the staterooms - I just went to check the deck plan for deck 9, as that is where our cabins are, and the cabin I booked that supposedly has a sofabed no longer has one after the refurb. If you click back and forth between the two versions on the decks you can see the changes. As far as I can tell decks 9 and 10 are losing sofabed cabins, but decks 7, 8, 11, 12, and 14 are gaining sofabed cabins. Decks 3 and 6 look pretty much unchanged. I don't necessarily need the sofabed but I was hoping to have it as an option for my adult kids in case the separated twin beds were too small for them.

5 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

Well, they are doing something to the staterooms - I just went to check the deck plan for deck 9, as that is where our cabins are, and the cabin I booked that supposedly has a sofabed no longer has one after the refurb. If you click back and forth between the two versions on the decks you can see the changes. As far as I can tell decks 9 and 10 are losing sofabed cabins, but decks 7, 8, 11, 12, and 14 are gaining sofabed cabins. Decks 3 and 6 look pretty much unchanged. I don't necessarily need the sofabed but I was hoping to have it as an option for my adult kids in case the separated twin beds were too small for them.

It's not unusual for Royal to change the occupancy levels in a stateroom.  In fact, someone recently had a post here about how their stateroom was recategorized, they could not have it anymore, and were given a couple of other choices.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It's not unusual for Royal to change the occupancy levels in a stateroom.  In fact, someone recently had a post here about how their stateroom was recategorized, they could not have it anymore, and were given a couple of other choices.

Is that what taking away the sofabed means? That less people can be booked in that cabin? But wouldn't it also mean they are removing the existing sofabed from the cabin? So you think they are just moving them around? It doesn't make any sense to me. 

OK, I went through the booking process to see what was available, and it looks like they have made it so that if you want a sofabed in an ocean view with large balcony, you have to have at least 3 people, and there aren't any on decks 9 or 10. So I can't even put my kids in that category with a sofabed even if I were willing to change decks. Annoying.

It still seems like it will require at least some changes to the staterooms themselves (to change furniture), though, so we can hope for a little refreshing.

4 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

True.  

Question -- do they replace mattresses with any regularity?  Or do they just replace some here and there if they receive enough complaints about a particular cabin?    

The mattresses were the most comfortable I have ever slept in.... no need to replace them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 6:40 PM, Sherri914 said:

True.  

They might wipe them off a little after a lifestyle cruise.....🤔🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, lisa6191 said:

We had 2 cabins for 2 and a cabin for 3 booked on 9, for August, and it is now a cabin for 2.  RC moved all 3 of our cabins to 11.

On 9/20/2019 at 6:39 PM, John&LaLa said:

Just normal wear and tear. She's only 10 years young.

After 10 years they should at least replace the carpets, a chance to update the staterooms with the new carpets used on Quantum and the newer Oasis Class ships

57 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

After 10 years they should at least replace the carpets, a chance to update the staterooms with the new carpets used on Quantum and the newer Oasis Class ships

Maybe in the halls, but not sure they would do the Harmony colors. The walls are different