Oasis Refurb

15 hours ago, LXA350 said:

After 10 years they should at least replace the carpets, a chance to update the staterooms with the new carpets used on Quantum and the newer Oasis Class ships

Carpets are replaced as worn yr round. Though have seen some Royal ship not replace color for 15-20yrs, worn carpet replacement is done yr round as needed, unless they have 4 weeks in Dry Dock most of original stuff Cabins/Furnishings inc color scheme will stay the same as day one she set to Sea. 

7 hours ago, OACAggie said:

Looks like Oasis has made it to her parking lot for the next 2 months. Cruising on her in March for 1st time on any Oasis class ship, so super excited to see how things turn out. Hoping @Lloyd555 has spies on the ground to keep us updated with pics...please.

Photo of Perfect Storm water and Ultimate Abyss dry slide sections found on Instagram. Original by Angeles RS?

slides.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Photo of Perfect Storm water and Ultimate Abyss dry slide sections found on Instagram. Original by Angeles RS?

slides.jpg

Interesting colors for the Perfect Storm waterslides. I guess they'll be changing the theme, or painting over already painted tubes? 

Edited by jbethel11
theme, not scheme

14 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

What happens to the staff while dry-docked? A much deserved 2-month vacation?

The DL Concierge has been on vacation and is just now getting back to help out. I'm hoping to hear all about it when we sail in January 

20 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

What happens to the staff while dry-docked? A much deserved 2-month vacation?

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Some are actually helping with the tasks onboard.

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The DL Concierge has been on vacation and is just now getting back to help out. I'm hoping to hear all about it when we sail in January 

I speculate the staff members who finished their contract before the dry dock will get their requisite vacation. However, those who are in the middle of the contract will help with tasks onboard during the dry dock.

10 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

Every member of staff we spoke to last said they would be remaining on board and helping with the refurb.

So the tipped workers will be going about 2 months without tips?  Yes, they will still have their regular salary but tips make up a big portion of their salary.

19 minutes ago, soremekun said:

So the tipped workers will be going about 2 months without tips?  Yes, they will still have their regular salary but tips make up a big portion of their salary.

Perhaps the cruise line makes up their "normal" tips?

I'll bet our resident Chief Engineer knows.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The final nail in the coffin for those not hoping for a CATS replacement. 

FB_IMG_1569590634880.jpg.6cb1bfa0b776769c5315994c3fdbb128.jpg

Found on a post from James Van Fleet visit to the rehearsal facility in North Miami.

FB_IMG_1569590657234.jpg.2bd8decdd2c8faed282d1da4b566687e.jpg

Yes it’s on the cruise planner for CATS and with the long version, but it was verified that it will now be a shorter show. Either way I would not go through that pain again. 

• Thanks 1