Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

A mix of photos.

I can't bear to watch this. I'll check back later when it's done. 😣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy gets to see -or at least hear - all the work on the Boardwalk.  😁

20190928_050400.jpg

 

"Hello? Can anyone hear me? A peep hole would be nice! I can't  see a thing!!"

20190928_051121.jpg

 

"I'm  not budging!"

balloon-man-boardwalk-oasis-of-the-seas.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

This guy gets to see -or at least hear - all the work on the Boardwalk.  😁

20190928_050400.jpg

 

"Hello? Can anyone hear me? A peep hole would be nice! I can't  see a thing!!"

20190928_051121.jpg

 

"I'm  not budging!"

balloon-man-boardwalk-oasis-of-the-seas.jpg

How exactly do you get these images? Do you know crew members who are working on Oasis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they are changing the decking on the pool deck. People have gotten serious blisters from the hot deck in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they will improve the little water stand up pool they have in the Solarium. Hoping for an upgrade to what the Symphony has!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dedosr said:

I hope they will improve the little water stand up pool they have in the Solarium. Hoping for an upgrade to what the Symphony has!!

And I hope it isn't as hot as her previous Solarium either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 7:08 PM, Host Clarea said:

 

Perhaps the cruise line makes up their "normal" tips?

 

I'll bet our resident Chief Engineer knows.

RCI grantees the regular tips anyway....so it makes not difference if the flow or not!🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I correct in understanding that Wipeout Cafe is being removed from Oasis and been replaced by El Loco Fresh?  So on the pool deck you only have extra charge food places?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fscool said:

Am I correct in understanding that Wipeout Cafe is being removed from Oasis and been replaced by El Loco Fresh?  So on the pool deck you only have extra charge food places?

El Loco fresh is free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 9:58 AM, Drock20J said:

What happens to the staff while dry-docked? A much deserved 2-month vacation?

When we were on her in August, one of our servers told us he was going on vacation to return to her in December and the other one was moving to Symphony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fscool said:

Am I correct in understanding that Wipeout Cafe is being removed from Oasis and been replaced by El Loco Fresh?  So on the pool deck you only have extra charge food places?

 

Solarium Cafe is free, I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Is there a pool in the Solarium? The deck plan doesn't show one.

Is there a Vitality Cafe? Again the deck plan doesn't show one.

There was both, last time we were on her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Is there a pool in the Solarium? The deck plan doesn't show one.

Is there a Vitality Cafe? Again the deck plan doesn't show one.

 

I dont think they will remove the Solarium "pool" as part of the dry dock.    They went with no pool on Harmony and went back to a pool on Symphony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

 

I dont think they will remove the Solarium "pool" as part of the dry dock.    They went with no pool on Harmony and went back to a pool on Symphony.

 

Does the quotes around pool mean that it is not much of a pool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blueridgemama said:

 

Does the quotes around pool mean that it is not much of a pool?

 

Correct, it is the smallest (well, maybe Symphony's is smaller, not sure) Solarium pool in the fleet, on the ship with one of the largest passenger capacities.  Never got that logic.  To add insult to injury, many places in the Solarium get unbearably hot, so the need for a pool to cool off is even more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fscool said:

Am I correct in understanding that Wipeout Cafe is being removed from Oasis and been replaced by El Loco Fresh?  So on the pool deck you only have extra charge food places?

 

El Loco Fresh is free, the burger place Portside BBQ is upcharge. That one replace the teens outside area and disco.

 

steamboats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Is there a pool in the Solarium? The deck plan doesn't show one.

Is there a Vitality Cafe? Again the deck plan doesn't show one.

 

I believe there will be some changes to the Solarium in general. Not sure about the pool, but its really not much of a pool. More like a big cold spa tub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I believe there will be some changes to the Solarium in general. Not sure about the pool, but its really not much of a pool. More like a big cold spa tub

They better put a pool of some sort in the Solarium. On the Harmony, The lame palm trees that sprinkle water were not turned on because they made the deck slippery they said. Duh!!

The pool in the Solarium on the Symphony was a welcomed addition

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dedosr said:

They better put a pool of some sort in the Solarium. On the Harmony, The lame palm trees that sprinkle water were not turned on because they made the deck slippery they said. Duh!!

The pool in the Solarium on the Symphony was a welcomed addition

 

 

The sprinkler was working in August. Not much pressure though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

The sprinkler was working in August. Not much pressure though

Glad they turned it back on, but still no substitute for a pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...