Oasis Refurb

On 8/18/2019 at 7:44 PM, lovelife said:

I'll be on the first sailing after refurb - 11/24.  A little scary!

I'm on that sailing too! I'm honestly a little worried that it'll be delayed and we'll lose a cruise day or two, or worse! But I suppose worse case I stay in Miami a few days, visit friends there, visit family for Thanksgiving, and get some cruise credits and refund from Royal.

I'm really hoping the cruise leaves on time with no half-finished items detracting from the experience, though!

5 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

I'm on that sailing too! I'm honestly a little worried that it'll be delayed and we'll lose a cruise day or two, or worse! But I suppose worse case I stay in Miami a few days, visit friends there, visit family for Thanksgiving, and get some cruise credits and refund from Royal.

I'm really hoping the cruise leaves on time with no half-finished items detracting from the experience, though!

Given how long that is in drydock, actually it is in drydock for a short amount of time then it is just docked while they complete the non marine aspects, I would say the chances of her sailing being delayed is slim to none.  She will sail, she might be having finishing touches out on in some areas but she will sail.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

41 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

I'm on the following week also, so hopefully everything  will be complete by at least the second week.  See you on board!😎

14 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I wonder if they're keeping the solar panels and the water display under Rising Tide Bar.

A Symphony staff member told us they didn't put the water feature under Rising Tide Bar on that ship because it was too noisy for Guest Services. 

Funny that the consensus here is that they aren't getting Wonderland...we just got off Oasis 2 weeks ago and the onboard deck maps already had Wonderland listed (where the library currently is on deck 11).  People kept wandering by wondering why it was listed on the deck maps, but it wasn't there.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:42 PM, jbethel11 said:

Royal, are you listening? We want a fishbowl pool with less humidity, lol!

It just needs AC or some glass removed and replaced with iron railing so the breeze can blow through.  I can't wait to see what its all about in 15 days!

35 minutes ago, biffco said:

Funny that the consensus here is that they aren't getting Wonderland...we just got off Oasis 2 weeks ago and the onboard deck maps already had Wonderland listed (where the library currently is on deck 11).  People kept wandering by wondering why it was listed on the deck maps, but it wasn't there.

Those signs were added 5 years ago during her last drydock when they tried and failed to put Wonderland up there.  Take a look at the deckplans on the website for next May and you will see that they have added cabins to that space.  I’ve already booked one of the new cabins for next Christmas 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

18 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

The library and diamond club are being turned into staterooms (that's where Wonderland is on Harmony and Symphony) and you can book those rooms for after the renovations. 

What’s strange is that you can book those cabins only from May 3, 2020 onward

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What’s strange is that you can book those cabins only from May 3, 2020 onward

And that you can't book the 3 in the middle that (if they had windows!) would be facing the aqua theater.  Those look bigger on the plans, but I've called 2x and neither agent has been able to have the rooms come up in their system.

Just now, brookmill18 said:

And that you can't book the 3 in the middle that (if they had windows!) would be facing the aqua theater.  Those look bigger on the plans, but I've called 2x and neither agent has been able to have the rooms come up in their system.

You can  book 12916 and 12920.  Those are the outside 2 of the middle 3 cabins.  They are a category 4V and I have both booked for next Christmas 

As much as I'd love for Wonderland to be a dining option, instead of cabins for even more people to cram on the ship, I also don't want the cost to cruise to skyrocket for them to completely redesign and build a whole new structure just for it.

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can  book 12916 and 12920.  Those are the outside 2 of the middle 3 cabins.  They are a category 4V and I have both booked for next Christmas 

Are they just a bit longer or are they different in some way?  Virtual balconies?

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

As much as I'd love for Wonderland to be a dining option, instead of cabins for even more people to cram on the ship, I also don't want the cost to cruise to skyrocket for them to completely redesign and build a whole new structure just for it.

The addition of cabins in the space that now has the Diamond Club on Oasis is a major redesign and structural re-build. Arguably a lot more intricate and intense than adding a galley, a door, and some new furniture to an existing space that is otherwise already configured as a food venue.

Just now, orville99 said:

The addition of cabins in the space that now has the Diamond Club on Oasis is a major redesign and structural re-build. Arguably a lot more intricate and intense than adding a galley, a door, and some new furniture to an existing space that is otherwise already configured as a food venue.

So Royal wants the money essentially? Why am I surprised.

4 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Are they just a bit longer or are they different in some way?  Virtual balconies?

No idea.  I’ll be able to get a look at them this Christmas as we sail on her then as well.

All I know is that generally Royals deck plans are to scale and these are definitely bigger (both longer and wider).  My personal opinion is that the 2 cabins on 12 should not be available to book (read mistake) and that a new category will be created for those 6 cabins.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No idea.  I’ll be able to get a look at them this Christmas as we sail on her then as well.

All I know is that generally Royals deck plans are to scale and these are definitely bigger.  My personal opinion is that the 2 cabins on 12 should not be available to book (read mistake) and that a new category will be created for those 6 cabins.

Remember, as you know, things are always subject to change before dry dock.

• 2 weeks later...