Oasis Refurb

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The interesting thing is that they needed it in such a hurry to pay for it to be airlifted.

I wonder if that is why the 3 sailings after the dry dock where in so much doubt.

It must've been cheaper to air lift than issue 18,000 refunds and FCC.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Unlikely for another 3 weeks till her first sailing. No shortage of bars to get margaritas.

The margaritas at Sobor were called something like Sweet and Spicy and featured carrot juice. They are not your run of the mill margy... Thanks.

11 hours ago, Showme72 said:

It looks like Oasis is losing SOBOR after her 2019 amplification. Can someone confirm this? Will there be a place to get those wonderful margaritas?

Thanks for the help.

Definitely losing Sabor.  Are those margaritas available on ships without it?  Not sure.  I've only been on the smaller ships lately.  We are on Oasis December 8th.  If no one reports in before that, I will.  My husband loves the avocado margaritas.

Edited by CruisinCons

1 minute ago, Bases5 said:

I noticed my cabin on the Oasis went from a cabin that sleeps 5 to a cabin that sleep 2.  Do you think that means it got a total referb or did they just yank the Pullmans down? 

There would have been a sofa bed and one Pullman.  My guess is that the Pullman is still there.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There would have been a sofa bed and one Pullman.  My guess is that the Pullman is still there.

You are correct  1 Pullman and a sofa bed.  Do you think the sofa bed will still be there also?

On 11/1/2019 at 5:28 PM, The Grumpus said:

How did that resolve for you, if you don’t mind sharing with me? We have/had connecting cabins until today when my cabin was recategorized. Now I’m on deck 6 and the rest of my family is on deck 12. That’s not going to work for me but since it’s a TA booking they want to deal with her. And of course, it’s Friday night. I was just curious how they resolved it with you. 

If you search my username, you will see a separate thread I had on it, in fact.  Long story short, TWO recategorizations, the most recent was about a month ago (after final payment in full).  Connecting is a MUST because we are travelling with 3 kids under 10 years old.  After several hours grinding on the phone, we finally got relocated from Deck 12 to Deck 8 with no difference in fare offered - in fact, they specifically said they were told by "revenue" to dig in on cases like this.  I was told the cabin categories are the same, though it appears I was moved from a pair of 2Ds to a pair of 4Ds.  Ultimately, I had no leverage because I have already purchased over $4k in non-refundable flights, and have planned for a few nights in Miami ahead of the sailing.  Still, I have a sour taste in my mouth and I am still not convinced it won't happen again.  The rep told me he "hoped" there wouldn't be any more recategorizations, but that he wasn't sure - your case suggests there is still shuffling of cabins, which is downright asinine at this point.

13 hours ago, uvadover said:

If you search my username, you will see a separate thread I had on it, in fact.  Long story short, TWO recategorizations, the most recent was about a month ago (after final payment in full).  Connecting is a MUST because we are travelling with 3 kids under 10 years old.  After several hours grinding on the phone, we finally got relocated from Deck 12 to Deck 8 with no difference in fare offered - in fact, they specifically said they were told by "revenue" to dig in on cases like this.  I was told the cabin categories are the same, though it appears I was moved from a pair of 2Ds to a pair of 4Ds.  Ultimately, I had no leverage because I have already purchased over $4k in non-refundable flights, and have planned for a few nights in Miami ahead of the sailing.  Still, I have a sour taste in my mouth and I am still not convinced it won't happen again.  The rep told me he "hoped" there wouldn't be any more recategorizations, but that he wasn't sure - your case suggests there is still shuffling of cabins, which is downright asinine at this point.

Your story is almost exactly the same as mine!  The only difference is that we have two kids under 5, and we started on Deck 7 (but also wound up on Deck 8!).  Also spent a lot of time on the phone, RCI's original solution was to find a stateroom for my son and me on Deck 7 "as close as possible" to our original cabin with my wife and daughter.  I told them that wasn't acceptable, I found 8162/8164 available on the website which showed as open for Dec 8 so I told them to move us into those staterooms.  RCI didn't want to do that because the category was lower than my original and we were after final payment - at which point you can only go up and not down in category.  You can imagine my response to that, but I do feel lucky that they eventually relented and moved us back into connecting cabins.

I'm also worried that it will happen again, I check my emails every day for another re-categorization email.  Until we are on the ship I won't be 100% convinced.  The main thing that bothers me is that all this happened after final payment. 

Edited by MacMarauder

We are on Oasis on 1 Dec and the shows that are coming up to reserve are 

Cats

Aqua 80's

Frozen in Time

One Sky

Headliner

2 Comedy Shows

One Sky sounds like a main theater performance...kind of like Blue Planet on Allure.  I can't believe that they would not have a new ice show but isn't Frozen in Time an old show ?  Aqua 80's is obviously an AT show and of course, the perennial favorite, Cats continues.

Probably the only ones we will bother with is One Sky and the AT show.  We'll wait until we get onboard and see what the Genie suggests.  I asked the Genie if Oasis will have cover bands since they have added the Music Hall but we haven't heard back from her yet.  I will be VERY happy if she says that there will be a cover band.  I will let everyone know when she answers.  Seems like she should get back in touch with us pretty quickly since she has no current guests to attend to !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacMarauder said:

found 8162/8164 available on the website which showed as open for Dec 8 so I told them to move us into those staterooms.  RCI didn't want to do that because the category was lower than my original and we were after final payment - at which point you can only go up and not down in category.  You can imagine my response to that, but I do feel lucky that they eventually relented and moved us back into connecting cabins.

Well, that is just annoying. I can understand it as normal operating procedure, but if they are re-categorizing the cabins after they've been booked, that rule should be suspended.

Glad you stuck to your guns and got what you needed.

14 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Cats

Aqua 80's

Frozen in Time

One Sky

Headliner

2 Comedy Shows

One Sky sounds like a main theater performance...kind of like Blue Planet on Allure.  I can't believe that they would not have a new ice show but isn't Frozen in Time an old show ?  Aqua 80's is obviously an AT show and of course, the perennial favorite, Cats continues.

Probably the only ones we will bother with is One Sky and the AT show.  We'll wait until we get onboard and see what the Genie suggests.  I asked the Genie if Oasis will have cover bands since they have added the Music Hall but we haven't heard back from her yet.  I will be VERY happy if she says that there will be a cover band.  I will let everyone know when she answers.  Seems like she should get back in touch with us pretty quickly since she has no current guests to attend to !

Thank you for the update. It looks like One Sky and Aqua 80's has replaced Oasis of Dreams and Come Fly with Me.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:29 PM, Showme72 said:

It looks like Oasis is losing SOBOR after her 2019 amplification. Can someone confirm this? Will there be a place to get those wonderful margaritas?

Thanks for the help.

As others have stated, yes, Oasis will lose Sabor and Playmakers will go into that space. When I was on Symphony I don't think there were exact duplicates of the Sabor margaritas available but to be fair I also didn't ask at Bolero's or other bars that might be more likely to have them. That said, Playmakers has a signature margarita of its own. If you're wanting Tex-Mex cuisine, it'll gain El Loco Fresh, but there's no margaritas to be had there.

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Cats

Aqua 80's

Frozen in Time

One Sky

Headliner

2 Comedy Shows

Two comedy shows??? ugh I was not paying attention. Back to the planner.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

Some Solarium photos.

solarium 10.jpg

Thanks for the Solarium photo that shows what the new view will be off the bow of the ship for those sitting on in the Solarium by the front window.  Not nearly as nice as it used to be.  Oh well, at least out in-laws are booked in one of those new cabins above the bridge, so they will have the great view from their cabin...

• Like 1