Oasis Refurb

On 11/3/2019 at 8:34 PM, uvadover said:

If you search my username, you will see a separate thread I had on it, in fact.  Long story short, TWO recategorizations, the most recent was about a month ago (after final payment in full).  Connecting is a MUST because we are travelling with 3 kids under 10 years old.  After several hours grinding on the phone, we finally got relocated from Deck 12 to Deck 8 with no difference in fare offered - in fact, they specifically said they were told by "revenue" to dig in on cases like this.  I was told the cabin categories are the same, though it appears I was moved from a pair of 2Ds to a pair of 4Ds.  Ultimately, I had no leverage because I have already purchased over $4k in non-refundable flights, and have planned for a few nights in Miami ahead of the sailing.  Still, I have a sour taste in my mouth and I am still not convinced it won't happen again.  The rep told me he "hoped" there wouldn't be any more recategorizations, but that he wasn't sure - your case suggests there is still shuffling of cabins, which is downright asinine at this point.

It's very stressful when you're bumped and separated from your kids 6 decks up, which is what they did to us last Friday.  I'm not sure what happened because I have a TA and was given limited info.  Being separated on the ship wasn't an option and there isn't anymore connecting cabins so they weren't going to be able to relocate us together.  All I could do was request my original stateroom, or I requested they move us to Symphony o/t Seas, where there is still a couple connecting cabins.  I don't know the details of why the bump occurred, but this evening I'm back to my original cabin.  My TA said to call to get more details.  Like you, I'm now a little apprehensive but optimistic this won't occur again. 

***fingers crossed***

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We are on Oasis on 1 Dec and the shows that are coming up to reserve are 

Cats

Aqua 80's

Frozen in Time

One Sky

Headliner

2 Comedy Shows

One Sky sounds like a main theater performance...kind of like Blue Planet on Allure.  I can't believe that they would not have a new ice show but isn't Frozen in Time an old show ?  Aqua 80's is obviously an AT show and of course, the perennial favorite, Cats continues.

Probably the only ones we will bother with is One Sky and the AT show.  We'll wait until we get onboard and see what the Genie suggests.  I asked the Genie if Oasis will have cover bands since they have added the Music Hall but we haven't heard back from her yet.  I will be VERY happy if she says that there will be a cover band.  I will let everyone know when she answers.  Seems like she should get back in touch with us pretty quickly since she has no current guests to attend to !

For the Dec 8th sailing, we have a Journey tribute band, Resurrection, in Music Hall.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They only list the week of the 8th on their website.  I was hoping they would be on board at Christmas.

I cannot seem to find the email address that you use to send questions about the onboard entertainment prior to sailing. @Host Clarea has posted it before. 

1 hour ago, Goofyfanatic said:

I thought AWW wouldn't let any changes to that long boring show.

Maybe Royal offered him a boat-load (ship-load?) of money to keep it around for another 5 years, in a slimmed down version.

Or he gave Royal a great discount to keep the show alive with a somewhat captive audience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Saw it on Broadway many years ago (loved it) but never on the ship.

If you loved the Broadway version, you will LOVE the Oasis version. It is the same show (now shorter) but you get to be so close and you really get to see the details.

• Like 1