Oasis Refurb

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Spoke with Nick Weir last night. He's very excited about CATS redo. He couldn't share what got removed, since they were still working on choreography 

I am looking forward to giving Cats a second chance to wow me.  Les Mis is still my favorite. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bobkins40 said:

Will they update  menus in the main dining room ?

Planning on getting the dining package, but waiting to see what the main dining room is serving

Fleetwide the same Menus +- hence there is nothing new planed for Oasis. RCCL only did a adjustments to the menus over the past year or so fleetwide. Main difference at the end was that the waiters need to take orders for dessert now already when ordering the mains beside that most Menu items are the same since years.

27 minutes ago, bobkins40 said:

Will they update  menus in the main dining room ?

Planning on getting the dining package, but waiting to see what the main dining room is serving

seems like all the menus except MDR show up in the cruise planner. wonder if they will 

I remember when Oasis came across the pond and the smoke stacks had to be retracted in order to fit under a bridge.  At that time, I also remember that Royal said that this could only happen one time and they would never use that feature or be able to use the feature again at a $1M price tag.

So how is it going to fit under the Veranzzo-Narrows bridge?  Just curious.  Thanks!

Captain William S. Wright brought the Oasis from Turku, Finland. While exiting the Baltic Sea, the vessel passed underneath the Great Belt Fixed Link in Denmark. The passage under the bridge was possible due to retraction of the telescoping funnels, and an additional 30 cm (12 in) was gained by the squat effect whereby vessels traveling at speed in a shallow channel will be drawn deeper into the water. Approaching the bridge at 23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph), the ship passed under it with less than 60 centimetres (2 ft) of clearance.

2 hours ago, jrljel said:

I also remember that Royal said that this could only happen one time and they would never use that feature or be able to use the feature again at a $1M price tag.

I'm curious where this came from.  AFAIK the smokestacks were originally retractable but they added scrubbers to them for emissions standards that don't allow them to retract.  I would assume they're removing those scrubbers and using an alternative solution so they can be retracted again.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 3:02 PM, Drock20J said:

If you loved the Broadway version, you will LOVE the Oasis version. It is the same show (now shorter) but you get to be so close and you really get to see the details.

Can't wait. Might have to go more than once😊 Do you recommend sitting up close? I have never been in the theater so not aware of best place to sit for the shows.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Can't wait. Might have to go more than once😊 Do you recommend sitting up close? I have never been in the theater so not aware of best place to sit for the shows.

Sit close and sit on the aisle. The cast tends to get...playful with those up close and on the aisle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1