Oasis Refurb

1 hour ago, Leviheichou said:

Dec 8th sailing for me, just saw in the app they've added the digital key & stateroom controls. So seems like they've updated the locks to RFID, fingers crossed for WoW bands too.

Can you please let us know where you see that in the app?  Screenshot?  Not doubting but I'm just interested in app feature roll-out progress.

8 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Can you please let us know where you see that in the app?  Screenshot?  Not doubting but I'm just interested in app feature roll-out progress.

It's on the main screen that shows the ship where you click for the deck plans!

It's on the Nov24 sailing too...same screenshots as above apply.

Edited by AshleyDillo

OK, I'm not techy at all, but why is everyone so excited about being able to use phone to open an app to open the door?  The key is easier to carry than the phone and while I usually carry both, I think I'd need the key anyway (DL or drink package).  

I may be missing something.

• Like 1

I'm more excited because those features require the locks on the ship to be upgraded from key cards to RFID. Which means WoW bands, which means I don't have to carry my phone or sea pass card while on board. Also I think it's cool to have the option. What if I forgot my seapass card in the room? No worries got my phone!

From what I understand you can also use the phone as your (digital) seapass card for the various packages, so it saves from bringing both if you don't want to.

Plus everyone likes the new hotness, even if they wont necessarily use it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Leviheichou said:

Plus everyone likes the new hotness, even if they wont necessarily use it.

Most likely this.

A Seapass card takes up much less room in my pocket than my phone. And I don't like bulky pockets. I'm more apt tp leave my phone behind in WJ than my card.

Plus, I'm an old fart that likes to disconnect on a cruise, leaves the phone in airplane mode and in the safe.  Only use it for pictures. Heck, a single charge will last for days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I love that the digital key is now an option, as I always have my phone on me. Does anyone know if you can make purchases with your phone too? 

And WowBands aren’t great imo. I don’t want to have a bracelet on for the entire trip. 

They are testing ordering food from your phone and having it delivered to many areas around the ship.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

For how much?

The food charge will be menu price from various restaurants. I'm not sure if they will automatically tack on a service charge.

Currently being tested on Symphony.

Google: food delivery symphony of the seas

Edited by soremekun

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's on the main screen that shows the ship where you click for the deck plans!

It's on the Nov24 sailing too...same screenshots as above apply.

I must be tech challenged. I’m on the 24th and it doesn’t show up. I have the RC update from a week ago.

1D0ACBEB-804F-4A33-9D99-75BA7DAC8224.jpeg

On 11/6/2019 at 3:15 PM, AshleyDillo said:

I'm curious where this came from.  AFAIK the smokestacks were originally retractable but they added scrubbers to them for emissions standards that don't allow them to retract.  I would assume they're removing those scrubbers and using an alternative solution so they can be retracted again.

The scrubbers were added on the outside of the current retractable stacks. The scrubber stacks swing down.   There are pics a few pages or more back .