Oasis Refurb

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Totally ruins the view from the Solarium though. 

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll hold judgment until i actually see it

The view is probably great sitting out there. It's not indoors though and might be a tad windy on a sea day with a headwind.

5 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

I wish.

My point is that the current videos and pictures from the live blogs are not indicative of the actual experience we will get when we are actually in the solarium. 

Cheap video cameras just can't convey what our eyes see. 😉

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My point is that the current videos and pictures from the live blogs are not indicative of the actual experience we will get when we are actually in the solarium. 

Cheap video cameras just can't convey what our eyes see. 😉

I was thinking more of the view from the new outside sun deck.  The view out there is probably pretty good.

Inside the solarium, I would think for sure the sundeck must negatively affect the forward view.  I'll see with my eyes in a little over a month to know for sure.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I personally will never know as I can't get there early enough to compete with all the blue towels that enjoy sunning themselves without a human to block the sun.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll hold judgment until i actually see it

Just from the video footage I saw, I know I am going to like it. It's so much more expansive than I had in my mind, not to mention the furniture they put out there is really nice.

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

Just from the video footage I saw, I know I am going to like it. It's so much more expansive than I had in my mind, not to mention the furniture they put out there is really nice.

No denying the forward section is cool. 

I thought it would look like that, but didnt expect the pit groups.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:37 PM, John&LaLa said:

No denying the forward section is cool. 

I thought it would look like that, but didnt expect the pit groups.

Pit groups? 

I haven’t seen pics of new solarium yet 

could you kindly post some pics and or explain 

Thank you 

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, bobkins40 said:

ok... so now i'm sad, nothing grosses me out more than hotel room carpet !! really hoped they would have updated it

SO I AM HOPEFUL NOW... saw video of ocean view balcony deck10  NEW CARPET! and sofa

we are ocean view balcony deck 14

3 hours ago, bobkins40 said:

SO I AM HOPEFUL NOW... saw video of ocean view balcony deck10  NEW CARPET! and sofa

we are ocean view balcony deck 14

Deck 10 (and 9) has the future Spa cabins, so perhaps they have already implemented the design changes there.  I wouldn't expect them on 14 though.

I have a question that might not be affected by refurbishment, 

on Oasis is there a lower deck you can walk around on with views of ocean off sides of ship , other than running track.

-

on Summit and on Anthem you could walk down each side of ship on a lower level ( dining room level area ) if my memory serves me correct , Summit for sure , there were doors near upper level of MDR , then a few as you walked forward on ship as well 

-

hope Oasis is similar, but it looks like just running track 😑

-

if you have been on Oasis please chime in

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, HappyCouple72 said:

I have a question that might not be affected by refurbishment, 

on Oasis is there a lower deck you can walk around on with views of ocean off sides of ship , other than running track.

-

on Summit and on Anthem you could walk down each side of ship on a lower level ( dining room level area ) if my memory serves me correct , Summit for sure , there were doors near upper level of MDR , then a few as you walked forward on ship as well 

-

hope Oasis is similar, but it looks like just running track 😑

-

if you have been on Oasis please chime in

Thanks 

Virtually all the outside deck 5 is the running track, and there are no loungers on the side facing areas.  There may be a small glass enclosed area, but I'm not sure that exists on Oasis.  The aft part does have views, but the view from side facing portion (except for the glass enclosed area if it exists) is obscured by the lifeboats.

14 minutes ago, BohsandOs216 said:

Does anyone know if the Deck 17 (Coastal Kitchen & Suite Lounge) received any update love during the refurb?  Also curious if the Crown Loft Suites were updated at all.  Looking forward to seeing all of the updates when we sail on Oasis out of NY in May!

I'd like to know about Deck 17 and the Crown Loft Suites also, if anyone knows yet.

25 minutes ago, BohsandOs216 said:

Does anyone know if the Deck 17 (Coastal Kitchen & Suite Lounge) received any update love during the refurb?  Also curious if the Crown Loft Suites were updated at all.  Looking forward to seeing all of the updates when we sail on Oasis out of NY in May!

I didn't  notice anything different in CK. I'll  look in the suite lounge in a few as I forgot to look around. I do know there is still smoking on the suite deck on the bar side.

20191125_152324.jpg

• Like 1