My Time Dining on Liberty

I have My Time Dining reservations at 6:45 everyday, and I'm questioning if I should keep it, or change to the Main Dining times. I have been reading that on some ships, even those with MTD reservations are having to wait 30 minutes for their table. I believe that was for the Oasis class ship, but I'm not sure. Anyone from Liberty have My Time Dining recently and can give me an idea of how their  experience was? Or what time worked out well in order to see most of the shows? I realize that shows are planned around the Main/Late seating dining, but those exact dining times were just a little too early/late for our group.

Also....If I keep the MTD, I'm considering changing to a 7:30 seating (assuming the wait time isn't 30 minutes with reservation). I'm just really wrestling with what time would work best. 

Thank you all for any help with my decision.

2 hours ago, rede2go6464 said:

I have My Time Dining reservations at 6:45 everyday, and I'm questioning if I should keep it, or change to the Main Dining times. I have been reading that on some ships, even those with MTD reservations are having to wait 30 minutes for their table. I believe that was for the Oasis class ship, but I'm not sure. Anyone from Liberty have My Time Dining recently and can give me an idea of how their  experience was? Or what time worked out well in order to see most of the shows? I realize that shows are planned around the Main/Late seating dining, but those exact dining times were just a little too early/late for our group.

Also....If I keep the MTD, I'm considering changing to a 7:30 seating (assuming the wait time isn't 30 minutes with reservation). I'm just really wrestling with what time would work best. 

Thank you all for any help with my decision.

We sailed on the Liberty in April. Had My Time Dining each night at 7:00pm. Our longest wait was maybe 5 minutes. We are sailing Liberty again, this October, and have My Time Dining reservations, at 6:45pm.

I requested the same table and servers for each night. Great food and service. Always seemed to be finished dining by 8:00pm. You can also inform servers you want to make a certain show, they will make it happen.

• Like 1

We just got back from Liberty of the Seas & had My Time Dining. We never waited more than 5 minutes. Also, twice-we we’re not able to make our selected dining time & were told they would accommodate us when we got there & we didn’t wait more than 10 minutes on those nights. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kimmie1214 said:

We just got back from Liberty of the Seas & had My Time Dining. We never waited more than 5 minutes. Also, twice-we we’re not able to make our selected dining time & were told they would accommodate us when we got there & we didn’t wait more than 10 minutes on those nights. 

How large was your party?

On this ship, all of the shows revolve around the 2 traditional seating times...so whether you do traditional or MTD, you should miss nothing.  With MTD, you will need to schedule your dinner around which show you'd like to see (if you want to see a show!).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rede2go6464 said:

Sorry, I forgot that the party size might matter.....

We are a party of 6 adults

Thank-you, I'd say your My Time wait time was excellent for the size of your party.

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

How large was your party?

Sorry...I just realized you were asking kimmie1214, but I should have put my party size in also.

6 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

With MTD, you will need to schedule your dinner around which show you'd like to see (if you want to see a show!).

I guess I need to really pick out what shows I don't want to miss, just to be on the safe side.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:46 AM, rede2go6464 said:

Sorry...I just realized you were asking kimmie1214, but I should have put my party size in also.

I guess I need to really pick out what shows I don't want to miss, just to be on the safe side.

I have mtd also. I wonder if there is a way we can see what time the shows start before our cruise to try to pick out a dining time.

53 minutes ago, Julia429 said:

I wonder if there is a way we can see what time the shows start before our cruise to try to pick out a dining time.

I cant find it right now, but Petroplex has a great review from Liberty this summer and he has scanned the Compass and daily menus in. It has been super helpful. When I get back this afternoon, I will find it if someone else hasn't posted it by then. :)

On 8/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, rede2go6464 said:

I cant find it right now, but Petroplex has a great review from Liberty this summer and he has scanned the Compass and daily menus in. It has been super helpful. When I get back this afternoon, I will find it if someone else hasn't posted it by then. 🙂

Thanks! I'll try to see if I can find it!