App version not working?

I really don't understand why there is still a Cruise Critic Forums app available in the App Store. It comes from someone called The Independent Traveler Inc. but it includes the Cruise Critic logo. Can't CC get it pulled?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I really don't understand why there is still a Cruise Critic Forums app available in the App Store. It comes from someone called The Independent Traveler Inc. but it includes the Cruise Critic logo. Can't CC get it pulled?

Cruise Critic was owned by the International Traveler Inc. which was then purchased by TripAdvisor. That is why it has the CC logo.  I think it probably has not been pulled because they think they might revive the app someday. 

11 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Cruise Critic was owned by the International Traveler Inc. which was then purchased by TripAdvisor. That is why it has the CC logo.  I think it probably has not been pulled because they think they might revive the app someday. 

I guess it takes more effort to get an app approved for the app store (I'm not sure about Google Play) than it is to update it. It just seems weird to me that effectively they continue to advertise an app that doesn't work. I don't think that it makes anyone look good.

• Like 1

It's pretty clear the lack of an app has helped to drastically cut the relevance of Cruise Critic. I was just checking reviews for a ship/cabin we are considering and found only 4 reviews since October 2018. I know I certainly prefer to use iPad or phone and will begin using alternative sources for my cruise info.

Edited by TheBluWho

3 hours ago, TheBluWho said:

I know I certainly prefer to use iPad or phone and will begin using alternative sources for my cruise info.

I regularly access Cruise Critic on my iPad and iPhone, and did so even when there was an app.  It is working fine on Safari, no reason to give it up.  And I don't think you'll find any other site that has the wealth of information about cruise lines, specific ships, ports, tour guides, etc. that CC has.   (And no, they didn't pay me to say this. I'm just a member like you.)

I hardly ever look at the reviews here for ships or cabins.  I would suggest that if you have specific questions or concerns about a ship or a cabin, you post them in the forum for that cruise line.  You can then have follow up, etc. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I regularly access Cruise Critic on my iPad and iPhone, and did so even when there was an app.  It is working fine on Safari, no reason to give it up.  And I don't think you'll find any other site that has the wealth of information about cruise lines, specific ships, ports, tour guides, etc. that CC has.   (And no, they didn't pay me to say this. I'm just a member like you.)

I hardly ever look at the reviews here for ships or cabins.  I would suggest that if you have specific questions or concerns about a ship or a cabin, you post them in the forum for that cruise line.  You can then have follow up, etc. 

There is no source that has the past volume but I’ve found sources that have more current activity. It, it also looks like they e finally fixed their systems so that Tapatalk works. Is I have this old trusted source and a new source as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk