invite to helicopter pad for sail away

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Suites and Pinnacle only.  From what I’ve read at least one of the ships has stopped doing this entirely. 

that is what I have heard but a person on a face book group is saying she been invited a few times on Oasis class ships. She stays in ocean view balconies, is now diamond but even when she was emerald she got invited. 

2 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

that is what I have heard but a person on a face book group is saying she been invited a few times on Oasis class ships. She stays in ocean view balconies, is now diamond but even when she was emerald she got invited. 

Strange, that would certainly be a rarity.

We were in concierge class cabin when we were invited. Only classic level and had under 100 points at the time. 

Eta - just realized OP was asking about Oasis class ships. I think we were on Summit when we got the invitation. 

Edited by Hope89

19 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Strange, that would certainly be a rarity.

Maybe she's the captain's mistress.  😉  (for reference, see:  Concordia, Costa)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hope89 said:

We were in concierge class cabin when we were invited. Only classic level and had under 100 points at the time. 

Those are Celebrity terms.  We are talking about Royal Caribbean and Oasis class ships. 

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Those are Celebrity terms.  We are talking about Royal Caribbean and Oasis class ships. 

Oops, it’s way past my bed time.  Clearly I didn’t pay attention to the details in the question 🙂 

1 hour ago, Hope89 said:

Eta - just realized OP was asking about Oasis class ships. I think we were on Summit when we got the invitation. 

Was just on the Eclipse in Concierge Class and was invited to one.  Must be a Celebrity Concierge perk.

We were on the Liberty about 5 years ago.  We did get invited to the helipad when we left an island but it was not for sail away from the port.  I don’t think they’ve done that since then. It was certainly fun though, great music, breeze, and champagne.  My kind of afternoon. 😀. I’ve been on the Oasis class 3 times since then, nothing. 

Our invites were on Oasis class only as Oasis class helipad is not open to the public.  It was for suite/Pinnacle only. 

Radiance class has a  helipad that is often open and anyone can use.   That is a nice spot for  any sail away or as you approach a port.

M

I just read a report from @John&LaLa who sailed Harmony 2 weeks ago (they are actually on again this week as well). They got an invite to a sail away reception on the helipad as they were leaving St. Thomas or St. Maarten I believe. I believe it is based on C&A level. But, this was just a couple weeks ago, so yes, it is happening. On past sailing on Harmony and Oasis, the helipad was open for sail-away from the home port.

5 hours ago, Esmerelda said:

We were on the Liberty about 5 years ago.  We did get invited to the helipad when we left an island but it was not for sail away from the port.  I don’t think they’ve done that since then. It was certainly fun though, great music, breeze, and champagne.  My kind of afternoon. 😀. I’ve been on the Oasis class 3 times since then, nothing. 

Freedom class ships have always had an open-to-anyone helipad.

40 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

Oville99, perhaps but we had to show our seapass card that day to go out on the helipad.  It was invitation only event. 

I can see how they would use that as a "private event" venue, since it is a unique viewpoint on the ship.  One of the things we really liked about the Freedom class ships is the way the outdoor promenade wraps all the way around the ship. We always liked to walk down there instead of up on the pool deck, and having unrestricted access to the helipad was a big bonus. Especially when you have a pod of dolphins racing the ship:classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsKC08 said:

I just read a report from @John&LaLa who sailed Harmony 2 weeks ago (they are actually on again this week as well). They got an invite to a sail away reception on the helipad as they were leaving St. Thomas or St. Maarten I believe. I believe it is based on C&A level. But, this was just a couple weeks ago, so yes, it is happening. On past sailing on Harmony and Oasis, the helipad was open for sail-away from the home port.

It was sail into St Thomas since we did not arrive until noon. $uites and Pinnacles.  This week is probably sail awsy

• Like 1

When we sailed the Allure May 5th and June 30th.  both sail-a-ways on the helipad were non existent.

We were told by Nancy the Concierge that they have a suite lounge social in its place.

Prior to this the Eastern was held when we left San Juan, and the western held leaving Labadee.

Surprised at this, glad to hear the Harmony still does one.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss