Normal to not receive "official" CC invoice when booking through TA?

mikkelhansen

Hello,

Our final payment for our December 1 cruise just got processed by the TA yesterday, and I have received a notice on final payment completed from the US-based TA. However, I have not at any point, since booking the cruise in June 2019, received any invoice/reservation confirmation from Celebrity. The cruise is of course accessible on my CC account, and I have booked excursions and spa treatments, and I received an official CC confirmation for these Cruise Planner orders, but I haven't received anything about the cruise itself from Celebrity.

Is that normal, or should I just wait another couple of days - this is our first time booking with a TA? I reckon that CC's "own" final payment date would be September 2, 2019 (90 days before embarkation day), and the TA has their own final payment date at August 23, likely to be able to fix any payment errors before CC's final payment date, so perhaps I would receive something "official" after CC's final payment date?

Will I be able to sort any problems during eg. check-in or erroneous perks with just the TA's confirmation, which looks like this (personal+TA info removed):

finalpayment.thumb.jpg.2b9fd29d1813a36cc9cdf50ee4e2c2d8.jpg

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

Hello,

Our final payment for our December 1 cruise just got processed by the TA yesterday, and I have received a notice on final payment completed from the US-based TA. However, I have not at any point, since booking the cruise in June 2019, received any invoice/reservation confirmation from Celebrity. The cruise is of course accessible on my CC account, and I have booked excursions and spa treatments, and I received an official CC confirmation for these Cruise Planner orders, but I haven't received anything about the cruise itself from Celebrity.

Is that normal, or should I just wait another couple of days - this is our first time booking with a TA? I reckon that CC's "own" final payment date would be September 2, 2019 (90 days before embarkation day), and the TA has their own final payment date at August 23, likely to be able to fix any payment errors before CC's final payment date, so perhaps I would receive something "official" after CC's final payment date?

Will I be able to sort any problems during eg. check-in or erroneous perks with just the TA's confirmation, which looks like this (personal+TA info removed):

finalpayment.thumb.jpg.2b9fd29d1813a36cc9cdf50ee4e2c2d8.jpg

Thanks in advance for your answers.

That’s what I get from my TA in Florida  I’ve had no problem in many bookings with her! When I book in the uk or direct with Celebrity cruises I get the guest copy as well. Dianne

5 minutes ago, di T said:

That’s what I get from my TA in Florida  I’ve had no problem in many bookings with her! When I book in the uk or direct with Celebrity cruises I get the guest copy as well. Dianne

Thanks, I'll ask the TA if they could send the Guest Copy as well, otherwise I'll make sure to print a copy of the payment confirmation from the TA.

The big box sends its own invoices as did a large online agency I booked our HAL cruise with.  For our November River cruise, our local TA also had her own invoice.

I would not worry too much. Just be sure that your final payment was charged to Celebrity NOT the TA!

I had to ask my UK TA 3 times for a copy of the CC booking invoice Guest copy, as all they kept sending me was on if their paperwork.  i'm guessing the copy had "figures & prices" they didn't want me to see. I did get a copy but they had covered over all the  prices. All I wanted was confirmation of the drinks and grats that were included in the price. 

Thanks everyone for your replies.

6 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

I use the same TA.

They will gladly send you a Guest Copy of the Booking.

Have a great cruise!

That's exactly the answer I wanted, specifically for this TA - thanks! I have requested the CC guest copy from the TA.

1 hour ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

I booked through a TA and made final payment in July.  I received an official Celebrity invoice last week.  I was wondering if this was the reason that I did not receive any of the communication regarding move-up offers that everyone else scheduled for my cruise received.  

A big box store TA does not participate in  Move Up.  I have no idea why but based on the fact that they can opt-out I would imagine other TAs can opt out as well.

You can check if you are eligible to bid by going to Celebrity’s main page select Move Up from main menu and you can fill in your booking info and it will tell you if Move Up is available.

3 hours ago, di T said:

I also use an agent with this TA in Orlando.  I once asked for the Celebrity Guest Copy and was informed they didn't do that.  I've never had any issue with them or the perks they provide which are listed in the coral colored area under the price summary.

I find their invoice to be detailed enough.  If there happens to be some issue with perks onboard they will provide you a phone call to your TA to sort.  Having your TA invoice with you is important in this case.

4 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Will I be able to sort any problems during eg. check-in or erroneous perks with just the TA's confirmation

In my experience, no, and you are wise to seek an invoice/confirmation from Celebrity.

We booked our first Celebrity cruise through a large brick and mortar national travel agency and selected as our single perk the beverage package. We had used the same agency previously for other cruises, and had been content receiving the agency's receipt. When we checked in at embarkation, however, we received nothing indicating that we had the package, and when I enquired, was told that we had no package. We were advised to pursue the matter with guest services, which I did.

I had the travel agency documentation in hand when I explained the situation to a seemingly receptive GS member, who took all of the details and said that he would contact Miami right away, as this was not something that could be resolved by the ship. The response from Miami was that the travel agent had made a mistake, so no beverage package. I countered (through the GS member), that I had clearly booked during the promotional period, that we had received no other perk, that we were consequently entitled to one and that whatever mistake the TA had made, we the paying customer shouldn't be punished. Miami's response was that we were indeed entitled to a beverage package, but due to the TA's administrative error, we wouldn't be getting one.

We kept all of our beverage receipts and submitted them to the TA upon our return. We were fully reimbursed and given a little extra by way of an apology. Too little too late, and we've never regretted moving to a different TA.

I also sent an email to Michael Bailey, then President and CEO of Celebrity, expressing my disappointment with the manner in which Miami had handled the situation. As everything else on the cruise was terrific, it was a shame that such a bureaucratic decision left a lingering irritation. In short order, we were given a sincere apology and were provided some generous OBC for our next cruise.

While we didn't suffer financially, the whole situation was annoying and time consuming to resolve. Since then, we have ensured that our TA provide us with a copy of Celebrity's or other cruise lines' confirmation.

mikkelhansen...my friend and I are also sailing on Edge 12/1 (can't get here quick enough)...our TA also uses final payment date of 8/23 so I'll be in contact with her shortly.  We get an official invoice from Celebrity when we make our deposit and just invoices from the TA for subsequent payments.  This will be our 5th Celebrity cruise (first on Edge)...we typically will receive a paid in full invoice from both the TA and Celebrity when we make the final payment.   I love having that extra acknowledgement to know that everything is taken care of.  We're also close to the day we can print all of our documents.😎

104 days and counting for this adventure!!!

Edited by lola2013

That's the same  Florida-based TA we used.  That's all we get and there's never a problem.  When we book on board, as we frequently do, we get a copy of the booking at that time.  The cruise is automatically transferred to the TA and from there on out, we get their invoices.

We use this agency as well, and have only received this version of our receipt.  I just double-check that the promo we've booked under is showing, along with our extra OBC, and we haven't had any trouble.

1 minute ago, hiccups said:

We use this agency as well, and have only received this version of our receipt.  I just double-check that the promo we've booked under is showing, along with our extra OBC, and we haven't had any trouble.

Everything shows up as agreed (all four perks + 125$ TA OBC), so I suppose everything should be fine. I have requested Celebrity's own Guest Copy, just to be sure.

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

A big box store TA does not participate in  Move Up.  I have no idea why but based on the fact that they can opt-out I would imagine other TAs can opt out as well.

You can check if you are eligible to bid by going to Celebrity’s main page select Move Up from main menu and you can fill in your booking info and it will tell you if Move Up is available.

I am booked with a big box travel agent and still get emails from Celebrity for their Move Up program.

I e-mailed the New Jersey-based TA yesterday (not Florida-based, as some others have mentioned, but perhaps several TAs use the same invoice template), and I received this answer:

"Hello Mikkel,

Thank you kindly for your email. Our agency is not permitted to issue out confirmations from the vendor directly. Is there any pertinent information not provided on our agency's invoice that you are requesting clarification of?"

So I guess the TA's final payment confirmation will have to do. Someone mentioned that the TA may have received special pricing that they don't want to forward to the customer.

Others have mentioned that the TA's invoice/payment confirmation suffices, and I have replied to the TA to get confirmation on that.

19 hours ago, lola2013 said:

mikkelhansen...my friend and I are also sailing on Edge 12/1 (can't get here quick enough)...😎

104 days and counting for this adventure!!!

December 1 better get here quick! My wife and I are sailing with her parents, we're in a cat 10 deluxe inside and they are in a cat 1A veranda, and we're all looking forward to try out the Edge. We were on Equinox this January, and from what I can read through reviews Edge is either a letdown or a great experience - we hope for the latter!

Edited by mikkelhansen

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

I e-mailed the New Jersey-based TA yesterday (not Florida-based, as some others have mentioned, but perhaps several TAs use the same invoice template), and I received this answer:

"Hello Mikkel,

Thank you kindly for your email. Our agency is not permitted to issue out confirmations from the vendor directly. Is there any pertinent information not provided on our agency's invoice that you are requesting clarification of?"

So I guess the TA's final payment confirmation will have to do. Someone mentioned that the TA may have received special pricing that they don't want to forward to the customer.

Others have mentioned that the TA's invoice/payment confirmation suffices, and I have replied to the TA to get confirmation on that.

December 1 better get here quick! My wife and I are sailing with her parents, we're in a cat 10 deluxe inside and they are in a cat 1A veranda, and we're all looking forward to try out the Edge. We were on Equinox this January, and from what I can read through reviews Edge is either a letdown or a great experience - we hope for the latter!

Good morning...

My friend and I were booked on one of the Edge preview cruises last year which were ultimately cancelled.  We ended up getting a great deal for a SV on Edge for this December so are really looking forward to it.  Celebrity cancelled our preview cruise and apparently then decided the ship would be ready early after all...our TA took one of those short cruises and loved Edge so I'm counting on her impressions to guide us.

We have also been on Equinox twice (and I have a solo cruise booked on her September, 2020).  Love, love, love Equinox!

103 days and counting!

See you soon.

Susan

12 hours ago, MCazer said:

I am booked with a big box travel agent and still get emails from Celebrity for their Move Up program.

I believe it is the travel department of a Big Box store that sells toilet paper and paper towels in bulk which doesn't participate in MoveUp.  People refer to some of the volume internet Cruise brokers as Big Box stores as well at times but I don't know why.

9 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

We really loved Equinox as well, and are going again in January 2021.

Have you followed our Roll Call?  We are set to meet at the Sunset Bar on Edge for sailaway.

Hope to meet you then.

Susan

12 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Have you followed our Roll Call?  We are set to meet at the Sunset Bar on Edge for sailaway.

Hope to meet you then.

Susan

Yes, I am following the Roll Call. We haven't really decided if we're joining onboard, but I will talk with my wife and parents-in-law about it.