Questions about Alaska cruise tours

gb88

My sister and I are looking ahead to plan a cruise tour to Alaska in summer 2020.  We were thinking a 3-day land portion, to be followed by the 7-day cruise - Anchorage to Vancouver.  What's the difference between the "on your own" land portions or the "Princess-led" portion?  How do you handle luggage?  I don't want to travel with 2 big bags (one for the ship and one for the land portion).  Are meals included in the pricing or do you pay separately for everything?  What's the quality of these lodges?  Just curious (not essential) - is there WIFI?  I've looked online and cannot find answers to these questions.

I did the Fairbanks to Anchorage land package 2 years ago, at the first hotel Princess collected one piece of luggage (and we were left with one) so we really only had one piece to deal with. 

meals on land were not included.

the lodges are basic- overall we were happy with what we got. 

I don't remember about wi-fi

Did you check this link? https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/cruisetour-options/

I think for the On Your Own you get transportation and lodging but no included tours. Other than the Connoisseur tours, you pay for all food on the land portion. The lodges were fine and there was wi-fi. If you can, I'd recommend more than 3 days land tour.

The 3 day land tour/7 day cruise was our first Alaskan cruise/tour.  Since then we have taken two Connoisseur cruise tours that were 8 days on land and then the 7 day cruise.  I would very highly recommend taking the longest Connoisseur tour even if it means putting off the vacation until you have the funds and time off to take it.