E mail address for a Carnival shares

amajaa

You tie up roughly £3500 to buy the shares, you get about £120 a year in dividends, and £150 obc for every 14 day cruise you take.  As long as you take one 14 day cruise a year, the return is worthwhile,  compared to leaving your money in a savings account.  Obviously the unknown is what the share price may do in the future - I bought shares at around £40 each, so am looking at a major paper loss at the moment. But with 3 cruises booked, plus the dividend, I will break even in less than a year, and hopefully the share price will increase, and I will recoup my losses.

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

You tie up roughly £3500 to buy the shares, you get about £120 a year in dividends, and £150 obc for every 14 day cruise you take.  As long as you take one 14 day cruise a year, the return is worthwhile,  compared to leaving your money in a savings account.  Obviously the unknown is what the share price may do in the future - I bought shares at around £40 each, so am looking at a major paper loss at the moment. But with 3 cruises booked, plus the dividend, I will break even in less than a year, and hopefully the share price will increase, and I will recoup my losses.

We were considering buying the carnival shares this year as on the World Cruise on Arcadia in January, 99 nights. However, when I checked the FAQs it appears that the £150 OBC is as you say given on a cruise of 14 nights or more. I would have thought that by doing 99 nights we would at least been allowed perhaps a bit more at each sector but appears not from what I understand. So a bit mean I think !

On 8/20/2019 at 11:08 AM, mary heyworth said:

We were considering buying the carnival shares this year as on the World Cruise on Arcadia in January, 99 nights. However, when I checked the FAQs it appears that the £150 OBC is as you say given on a cruise of 14 nights or more. I would have thought that by doing 99 nights we would at least been allowed perhaps a bit more at each sector but appears not from what I understand. So a bit mean I think !

Isn't the world cruise broken down into sections?  Could it be applied each section? I don't know but just a thought.

On 8/22/2019 at 11:27 AM, Scorpio41 said:

Isn't the world cruise broken down into sections?  Could it be applied each section? I don't know but just a thought.

We have checked and as we booked the whole cruise from Southampton it just counts as one holiday over 14 days. Its possible but I dont know that if we had booked the cruise in separate segments we may have got an allowance for each one but I expect that would have been more expensive to do ?

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Has anyone with Carnival shares had a dividend payout this month? I’m sure I read it would be 13th September but we haven’t received anything.

Dropped into my bank account at the end of last week. Around £40 for 100 shares.

Edited by pete14
Error

46 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Has anyone with Carnival shares had a dividend payout this month? I’m sure I read it would be 13th September but we haven’t received anything.

Paid on 13 Sep. $50 per 100 shares converted to £41.56.

Brian

I bought 300 shares at £22 so am obviously happy with their performance, even though they are down £10 or so from their high.

The OBC is handy too. We have also sailed with HAL, Cunard and Princess and got OBC with them too.

To me it seems a bit of a no brainer to buy some if you are a regular cruiser.