What the heck is a Journey cruise?

patrice1

In many cases a journey's cruise will be a re-positioning of the ship from one port to another.  I've done 2 of these cruises.  One was on the Pride which was a 14 day to move the ship from Tampa to Baltimore.  This cruise included a partial transit through the Panama Canal.  The second cruise was the Legend for 11 days to move the ship from Vancouver to Sydney via Hawaii.  I did the Vancouver to Hawaii portion but not the Hawaii to Sydney portion.

As mentioned by others above, Carnival will also do a few extra things during journey cruises.  

I am booked on a 9 day Journey cruise out of New York City next May 2020.  If you can't cruise on one of the longer Journey cruises, then check out the schedule for the 9 day Journey cruises out of NYC next May.  There are Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean itineraries to choose from.😎

Edited by JohnSpo

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

It is a cruise with extra activity they do not do on normal cruises. Here is list of things they do that is unique to journey cruises:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3936/related/1

Thank you!  We're booked on a Journey cruise to Panama on the Glory in February and I wasn't aware of all the unique things we'll be doing...... now I'm even more excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnSpo said:

I am booked on a 9 day Journey cruise out of New York City next May 2020.  If you can't cruise on one of the longer Journey cruises, then check out the schedule for the 9 day Journey cruises out of NYC next May.  There are Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean itineraries to choose from.😎

which cruise. i am on the may 16 sailing.

I've done several Journeys cruises, my fav was a 10 day from MIA to SJU along eastern ports, and followed by an 11 day SJU to MIA southern itinerary.  Essentially a 21 day B2B RT MIA.

So I loved the extended time spent at sea, and have tried to book cruises longer than a week as a result.  As far as the throwback or special Journeys activities on board, I hardly noticed them.

The Carnival website is kinda thin on the details of what Journeys cruise includes.  It would be great to see a trip report or even copies of Fun Times.

Anyone have one they can scan and upload?

Edit to Add: Just saw shof515's link to the Journeys page, so I guess I'm good.  But a Fun Times might be something to look at anyway.

Edited by DrJamba
Didn't see a link answering my question.

While I like the extended cruise time of a Journeys cruise, whenever I look to book one, I only seem to find it offered on Carnival's oldest and most out of date ships.

Since I said I hardly noticed any special Journeys activities on board, the main appeal to me is the longer sail time, which I can find on other cruise lines on better ships than the Carnival Journeys offerings.

43 minutes ago, evandbob said:

While I like the extended cruise time of a Journeys cruise, whenever I look to book one, I only seem to find it offered on Carnival's oldest and most out of date ships.

Which port do you need to sail out of? I found 3 journey cruises on a dream class ship:

Carnival Breeze - 11/02/2019
Embarkation Port:  Port Canaveral
Itinerary: 14 Day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze - 1/11/2020
Carnival Magic - 1/09/2021
Embarkation Port: Miami
Itinerary: 9 Day Exotic Eastern Caribbean

16 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Which port do you need to sail out of? I found 3 journey cruises on a dream class ship:

Carnival Breeze - 11/02/2019
Carnival Breeze - 1/11/2020
Carnival Magic - 1/09/2021
Embarkation Port: Miami
Itinerary: 9 Day Exotic Eastern Caribbean

Well ty for this....I'll keep my eyes open for future Journeys on Dream class ships.  As for the dates you listed, I already have stuff booked then - November is a 2 week Punta Cana land vacay and January we're on the Symphony of the Seas for our first Royal cruise in 15 years or so.  Appreciate the help!

We've done several Journey cruises + love them! In fact, we just booked another for Jan 2021 on Pride. They definitely attract an older crowd. If you don't have at least 100 sea days, you're a rookie on these cruises. One guy had 1500 plus sea days on our last Journey cruise. So if you're platinum........no big deal!!!

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

the main appeal to me is the longer sail time, which I can find on other cruise lines on better ships than the Carnival Journeys offerings.

Hi Evandbob ☺️

My wife & I feel the same way in regards to longer sail time & various ships/cruise lines. I realize you stated that you enjoy Dream class concerning Carnival, however, have you considered the Journeys sailing onboard Carnival's new XL-class ship Mardi Gras?

We're sailing on the 15-night Mardi Gras repositioning Journeys voyage September 30th to October 15th, 2020.

I see you're in Florida. The Mardi Gras repositioning sailing is New York to Florida. A very nice itenerary as well.

Pics-Art-02-18-09-33-42.png

Also, Journeys sailings (schedules) can be located @:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3939/~/journeys-sailings

And here too:

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-search/#?layout=grid&numAdults=2&pageNumber=2&pageSize=8&showBest=true&sort=fromprice&specials=j&useSuggestions=true

🌴

• Like 1