Thank You Mariner Society

sail7seas

16 hours ago, rucrazy said:

the only time we wore our medallions were the day we received them.  We removed them after the luncheon. Now we have them in a shadow box frame in the family room.

20 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We did the exact same thing!

I keep saying I'm going to do something like that with my various pins, etc. Maybe this conversation will make me finally get around to it!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hlitner said:

On the other hand, Princess is not going to give us Medallions. 

I prefer that they offer their Elite Guests a mini-bar that really does offer the beverages that the guest requests.  Small bottles of my preferred Canadian whisky isn't going to cost more than the other small bottles of liquor provided.  No cans of a Bloody Mary mix cannot be substituted for tonic water or whatever?  Indefensible in my opinion.

7 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

We did the exact same thing!

Isn't it great some of us actually enjoy our medallions and what they represent for us?

Mariners Society  provided me and my  late DH some incredible experiences and memories.  I will always say thank you for that.

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I prefer that they offer their Elite Guests a mini-bar that really does offer the beverages that the guest requests.  Small bottles of my preferred Canadian whisky isn't going to cost more than the other small bottles of liquor provided.  No cans of a Bloody Mary mix cannot be substituted for tonic water or whatever?  Indefensible in my opinion.

LOL.  Since we do not normally sit in our cabins drinking (we prefer to be out in public with other folks) we trade in our free mini bar set-ups for coffee cards.  So on each cruise segment we get about $70 worth of specialty coffee drinks and unlimited small batch brewed coffee.  Not a bad benefit.  And when you add 1000 minutes of free Internet we do start to appreciate the Elite perks.   Like on HAL, we also get unlimited Free Laundry....but Princess also includes Dry Cleaning.  Princess does not do nearly as good of a job with laundry as HAL...especially when it comes to turn around time.

Hank

18 hours ago, Hlitner said:

LOL.  Since we do not normally sit in our cabins drinking (we prefer to be out in public with other folks) we trade in our free mini bar set-ups for coffee cards.  So on each cruise segment we get about $70 worth of specialty coffee drinks and unlimited small batch brewed coffee.  Not a bad benefit.  And when you add 1000 minutes of free Internet we do start to appreciate the Elite perks.   Like on HAL, we also get unlimited Free Laundry....but Princess also includes Dry Cleaning.  Princess does not do nearly as good of a job with laundry as HAL...especially when it comes to turn around time.

Doesn't Princesss  do like HAL and  peovide free laundry to those guests   in the large suites?   It annoys me the duplication..............  Included laundry in Ne[tune suite and free laundry for 5 ** star Mariner.  Are they just chseap or have no imagination to think up a differen t benefit?  

The  funniest thing we saw on Princesss was at their repeaters' evening party and dh and I were speaking with a few gentlemen guests     We laughed when we saw they were wearing HAL Mariner pins.  Se3ing  that dh and I were  quite displeased wit  h hat cruise (ou r 4th or 5th or so on Princess), we laugheed they had the  humor and nerve  to wear their HAL pins.   We were so happy we had the chance to chat with  them as they were  the most fond memory we had  of tha tcruise.  Sadly.   

Edited by sail7seas

44 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Doesn't Princesss  do like HAL and  peovide free laundry to those guests   in the large suites?   It annoys me the duplication..............  Included laundry in Ne[tune suite and free laundry for 5 ** star Mariner.  Are they just chseap or have no imagination to think up a differen t benefit?  

The  funniest thing we saw on Princesss was at their repeaters' evening party and dh and I were speaking with a few gentlemen guests     We laughed when we saw they were wearing HAL Mariner pins.  Se3ing  that dh and I were  quite displeased wit  h hat cruise (ou r 4th or 5th or so on Princess), we laugheed they had the  humor and nerve  to wear their HAL pins.   We were so happy we had the chance to chat with  them as they were  the most fond memory we had  of tha tcruise.  Sadly.   

I truly have no clue what Princess does for those in large suites as we have never booked anything larger than a Mini-Suite which gets no perks.  I will admit to never being annoyed about the Neptune benefit duplication (laundry) since we have never booked a Neptune (our biggest suite was a Signature).  We have previously been offered some decent upsells to Neptune's but DW and I didn't feel it was worth the extra money.  We tend to spend very little waking time in our cabin so have never thought the extra space (and the few perks) was the right way for us to spend our money.   We have a SS cabin on our next HAL booking and perhaps they will make us an "offer we cannot refuse" to a Neptune :).  

You already know my feeling about Pins and that kind of stuff.  DW usually just throws them out or drops them in a drawer where they might be discovered by our heirs when we are long gone.  But on our recent Seabourn (first time) cruise to Alaska, they gave us a very nice winter jacket (it is pretty decent quality) which does "Seabourn" written on the collar and several Seabourn patches.  I wanted to take that jacket on a recent Princess cruise to Greenland, but thought it might be seen as boastful ("see me, I have cruised on Seabourn") so it stayed home.  Princess, like HAL, has both its good and bad points.

Hank

21 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Isn't it great some of us actually enjoy our medallions and what they represent for us?

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

It annoys me the duplication..............  Included laundry in Ne[tune suite and free laundry for 5 ** star Mariner.  Are they just chseap or have no imagination to think up a differen t benefit?  

Are suite guests awarded pins and medallions, and are suite guests treated to a welcome back reception where they don said pins and medallions?  

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Like you, I prefer being "out and about", but there are times when a nightcap with a CC-Sprite/7-Up before retiring for the night in my cabin or a Bloody Mary in the morning with a Room Service Breakfast is appreciated.  I have little interest in the specialty coffee drinks and none as to the internet benefits.  Stopped using the internet on my cruises several cruises ago because of excess frustration and costly charges racked up when the thing didn't work "as advertised".  Laundry in Coral Princess was good and appreciated.  Turn around time seemed OK and had no reason to try the dry cleaning service.

My "complaint" relates to the apparent lack of small bottles of specific booze that ought to be available when an Elite Guest requests such.  And, what possibly can be a reasonable explanation for the inability to provide cans of a Bloody Mary mix?  The common brands are not expensive!

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Like you, I prefer being "out and about", but there are times when a nightcap with a CC-Sprite/7-Up before retiring for the night in my cabin or a Bloody Mary in the morning with a Room Service Breakfast is appreciated.  I have little interest in the specialty coffee drinks and none as to the internet benefits.  Stopped using the internet on my cruises several cruises ago because of excess frustration and costly charges racked up when the thing didn't work "as advertised".  Laundry in Coral Princess was good and appreciated.  Turn around time seemed OK and had no reason to try the dry cleaning service.

My "complaint" relates to the apparent lack of small bottles of specific booze that ought to be available when an Elite Guest requests such.  And, what possibly can be a reasonable explanation for the inability to provide cans of a Bloody Mary mix?  The common brands are not expensive!

When we have asked to have our mini swapped out for specific kinds of booze it has been hit/miss (which probably is another reason why we simply swap for coffee cards).  What is interesting is that for an upcoming cruise we have a new kind of soft drink package that includes unlimited fountain soft drinks and also "virgin" bar drinks.  When we booked the cruise (25 days) we were not even aware we were getting this package and even our cruise agent said she had no clue.  Apparently it was some kind of minor promo at the time we booked.  But my immediate reaction was, "wow" I can get Virgin Mary's at any bar for no cost.  

Hank