Viking Sky DV closet

imcpa

Did Viking do renovations to the ship during its repairs?  Specifically, do the DV closets now have the 3 drawers similar to DV closets on the Viking Orion, or is it still just the 3 drawers under the safe and none in the closet?

Although I haven't been on Sky, I would think it highly unlikely they would have the resources (materials & labour) to complete this in the short period available.

In my experience, very little additional work gets done during emergency dockings and any extra scope is normally equipment already broken and/or safety equipment.

There are drawers next to the bathroom.  We have them remove coffee maker and that gives you another shelf.  My Husband is tall so he stores many of his clothes on the closet shelf.  We have always had enough room.  Although is was much better on the SUN with the drawers in the closet!!!

9 hours ago, imcpa said:

Thanks for the replies. 

Where do you put all of you clothes that you can't or don't hang for two people for a full two week cruise, even knowing I will do some laundry while on board?

I kept several of my items in my packing cubes which I placed on the floor of the closet. I pulled out the packing cube as needed and everything stayed organized. 

• Like 2

Ask for as many hangers you need.  Utilize all drawers - two in bathroom, one each bedside table plus shelf, three in hall plus shelf w/o coffee maker.  Can always leave one suitcase open under bed storing less used clothing.  Can easily pull out like drawer.  We brought a hanging three-shelf unit for the closet.  Folds flat for easy packing.  Depends on how long your cruise and how many weather seasons you must pack for.

A little.  On the 2019 World Cruise my wife and I got quite talented at doing a little shuffle step between the bed, closet, and end-of-the bed.  She kept her folded clothes in the closet drawers (Viking Sun) and I, mine in the hall drawers.  It worked for us.  

48 minutes ago, Grandkidshmbnkcs7 said:

Does the Viking Sea have drawers in the closet?

Definitely a "NO" on this one. Drawers first appear in the Viking Sun (which is the ship that does the World Cruises) and then in the subsequent builds.

IMHO, I would prefer the hanging space.

Thanks Tim.  I may buy one of those for our Dec. 2019 Viking cruise.  We just can't imagine only 3 drawers that aren't even in the closet.  I don't count the nightstand drawers and the drawers in the bathroom as closet drawers.

We've only been in DVs. On the Sky a few years ago for 3 weeks the drawer space was really lacking. We took out the coffee maker and stacked things on the shelves. The closet being right next to the bed is a pain. A couple of feet and there you are. Only one person at a time could be on that side of the bed. On the Orion this year for 5 weeks we had the drawers in the closet. Great improvement, but the closet placement is still a pain. A bit less hanging space but you can hang shirts, etc over the drawers and the longer stuff on the other side. We will be back on the Sky in 2020 for 4 weeks and we are hoping that they will, perhaps, put drawers in the closet again? Our friends were in PV and if I could afford it that's what I would do for sure...the closet is in the right place and there's more storage. Every comment card I have filled out has said that the closet is in the wrong place! If your partner is in bed, you have to shimmy up the side of the bed to open the closet, and it really inhibits movement in the cabin. We have loved our Viking Ocean cruises, however, and can't afford more than the DV!!

Edited by stretchcruz