August Alaskan Bliss(with photos)

PhillyTravelBug

So glad I gave you a glimpse of Alaska

Victorious8. It exceeded all of my expectations. Definitely purchase the thermal spa package for those floor to ceiling window views. It was tough to decide whether to take a nap on the heated loungers or stay alert for wildlife. It is definitely worth seeing.

Really enjoyed your review.   I agree with getting a balcony for Alaska.  Also, When in Glacier Bay, you can hear the Park Ranger’s  informative lecture  by turning on TV in Cabin and putting it on Channel 19. We just got back on same cruise and enjoyed listening to Park Ranger while out on our balcony with camera  and binoculars.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, phissy said:

Really enjoyed your review.   I agree with getting a balcony for Alaska.  Also, When in Glacier Bay, you can hear the Park Ranger’s  informative lecture  by turning on TV in Cabin and putting it on Channel 19. We just got back on same cruise and enjoyed listening to Park Ranger while out on our balcony with camera  and binoculars.

We saw his presentation in the lobby and it was sooooo informative.

• 11 months later...

Loved your review. We plan on going on the bliss in august 🤞.

I do have a few questions:

how was the weather? Do we even bring bathing suits? 
we bought the thermal spa pass on the gem in February. It was nice but way to many chair hogs. We never got a chair ever. How is the thermal spa on the bliss?

vibe pass you said isn’t worth it. Is it because it’s to cold to stay out on the outdoor decks? 
thank you so much!

Bring the suits because you never know in Alaska in August. We have had a 70s day and a 60s and in between rain and shine! 

The thermal spa on the Bliss is stunning! There is so much to do that, unless you must have a heated lounger or nothing, you will find plenty of space. For us, it was well worth the price.

Never really checked out the Vibe. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:12 AM, Joeghartman said:

Tuesday- Juneau 

2:30-11pm

945B59C5-F0E6-4C96-9E96-52880AD778F9.jpeg

How in the world were you lucky enough to capture this shot? Or am I just naïve and that's a statue in the water?

Our New Zealand/Australia trip for Jan 2021 isn't looking promising, so we booked Alaska on the Bliss for the end of April as our consolation prize. Your photos and review are making me super excited. I can't wait to sit back and soak in all that nature.

5 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

How in the world were you lucky enough to capture this shot? Or am I just naïve and that's a statue in the water?

Our New Zealand/Australia trip for Jan 2021 isn't looking promising, so we booked Alaska on the Bliss for the end of April as our consolation prize. Your photos and review are making me super excited. I can't wait to sit back and soak in all that nature.

It’s a statue. 😜. You’re not the first one to ask that.  This has been my favorite vacation so far. I hope you can make it.  We had to cancel our Mediterranean cruise this past summer and I’m still bummed.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:39 PM, andychris said:

Loved your review. We plan on going on the bliss in august 🤞.

I do have a few questions:

how was the weather? Do we even bring bathing suits? 
we bought the thermal spa pass on the gem in February. It was nice but way to many chair hogs. We never got a chair ever. How is the thermal spa on the bliss?

vibe pass you said isn’t worth it. Is it because it’s to cold to stay out on the outdoor decks? 
thank you so much!

I would not recommend  a vibe pass for Alaska.  There are so many places to chill on the decks. We used the hot tub one or two days.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:52 AM, bsw620 said:

Do you recall if they had peloton spin bikes in the gym? Also did they have spin classes? 

they definitely weren’t Peleton, but they offered spin classes. My partner paid for three classes for the entire cruise, but only ended up doing one.   I did the morning ab classes and it was great. Every time anyone would see a whale, it would distract the entire class.

Thank you!

We will look into the thermal spa. We were on the gem and never got a lounge chair. Forget about a heated tile one. There were signs up saying limited time but no one enforced it. Wonder if the spa on the bliss is larger?

any must do excursions?

Thanks again!

11 hours ago, andychris said:

Thank you!

We will look into the thermal spa. We were on the gem and never got a lounge chair. Forget about a heated tile one. There were signs up saying limited time but no one enforced it. Wonder if the spa on the bliss is larger?

any must do excursions?

Thanks again!

there were times it was crowded, but never had an issue for seating. Sometimes we were lucky and got the heated tiler.  I cannot recommend the train ride from Skagway. Definitely do the one that goes up to Carcross in the Yukon.  It has been one of my most memorable days ever.