Alaska 2021?

widdis

Hi all!

A group and I, likely 10 cabins, is looking to book a Seattle to Alaska cruise in 2021.  Either July or August.

RC says they won't open ticket sales until Nov this year for 2021.  Has anyone done this cruise before?  Thoughts, tips, recommendations?

8 minutes ago, widdis said:

Hi all!

A group and I, likely 10 cabins, is looking to book a Seattle to Alaska cruise in 2021.  Either July or August.

RC says they won't open ticket sales until Nov this year for 2021.  Has anyone done this cruise before?  Thoughts, tips, recommendations?

I assume that you are planning a round-trip cruise from Seattle.  If you want a one way cruise then you need to sail from Vancouver.  We are booked on the Ovation out of Seattle for July 2020.

The November / December time-frame for the itineraries to be released sounds right.  

20 minutes ago, widdis said:

Hi all!

I believe Ovation is  doing that route this year.

Use this for Ovation posts:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&nodes=51&q=ovation

3 hours ago, widdis said:

Hi all!

For my 2 cents..... I'd suggest you consider doing a northbound sailing out of Vancouver in May. Why??

1. The farther north you go, the prettier Alaska gets.

2. May is the "dry" season in AK (YMMV)

3. May sailings tend to be cheaper

4. The whales are back by May

5. The snow hasn't melted by May

6. The seas the  first day out and the last day back to Seattle -can- be a bit rougher

7. Hubbard Glacier

8. The stunningly beautiful train ride from Seward to Anchorage

Edited by STEVE-O
incomplete

13 hours ago, widdis said:

Seattle to Alaska cruise in 2021.  Either July or August.

Thousands and thousands of people have done Alaska cruises from Seattle.  What is it exactly that you want to know?  What are your concern or what are you wondering about?

15 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

Thousands and thousands of people have done Alaska cruises from Seattle.  What is it exactly that you want to know?  What are your concern or what are you wondering about?

It seems that they are looking for thoughts, tips and recommendations.  They did not say that they had any concerns.

4 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

It seems that they are looking for thoughts, tips and recommendations.  They did not say that they had any concerns.

Yes, but generally when someone posts a vague request like that, there are underlying questions or concerns that become apparent later.  I'm simply trying to clarify what type of information they are really looking for.  Are they asking about weather and dress that time of year?  Excursion ideas?  Flight options into Seattle?  Cruise demographics for that route?  or any of a million other things that often come up with regard to Alaska itineraries.