Qsine being replaced with LPC on Millennium

bebe08

Not sure if this is "new news" re Millie....

We are booked on Millie April 2020.  Qsine is my fave X restaurant and I followed threads during and shortly after the recent refurb and was very happy when it wasn't replaced.  I booked us into Qsine for our first night.  Today I got a phone call from X to tell us that Qsine is being replaced with LPC.  They offered to move our reservation to LPC and honor the price we had paid for Qsine so we accepted.

We have never tried LPC  so will hold judgement until we do... we do have it booked for a cruise next month on Reflection.  What  I loved about Qsine is the variety of dishes....you can go more than once and have a totally different experience.  I understand that LPC is more of a fixed menu so is sort of a "one and done" type of thing.    I guess I will soon find out.

Qsine was initially included in the dining possibilities for our Sept 6 2018 Vancouver to Tokyo cruise but fellow roll callers who prepurchased just got an email informing them of the change to LPC (and of a refund).  

Hate it As we were looking forward to Q.  

We loved Qsine.  I was excited when I saw Millennium still had it as we will be on her in October, but that didn't last long as I found out shortly thereafter that Qsine is now LPC.   I guess it will be MDR or Oceanview Cafe for us on this upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

We were actually excited with the changeover to LPC and happy that Celebrity brought in something cool and innovative. I've seen it several times, with different groups and we had a ball. The food was really delicious. There's a main menu and an alternative menu, so you can choose ahead of time which you prefer when you reserve. We've had the Lobster and Filet Mignon (cooked to perfection) and then the amazing Truffle Ravioli when we saw the other show.  It's fun to try something new and different, but when you end up having a great time and a great meal, it's such a win. Just my opinion, but try it, you'll like it! We did!

Edited by sunnydays456
  • Like 2

We are looking forward to it as well. We’re celebrating a special occasion on our cruise  and LPC will be a unique experience on the day. I agree though that once done, I probably wouldn’t want to do it again. 

Really miss not having Murano for those special occasions on board. 

We would not be interested in LPC...either cartoon version.

Menu choices , although not as comprehensive as Q sine are not the reason,  but the pics and videos posted of LPC make me cringe. We like to dine at our own pace and the cartoon requires more of a group mentality.

We are hoping once the novelty wears off, something better will come along. Esp for M Class which has fewer specialty venues to being with...

• Like 1

logged into the celeb app and that shows Qsine still with that menu.

However on cruise exercusions page, it now shows you can book for my cruise Lpc.

Which is a great shame as the menu looks very poor compared to the variety of Qsine.

So that saves us £45pp.

• Like 1

We hosted a group from our roll call on the Silhouette last April and while many of us were concerned that we wouldn't like it we were all pleasantly surprised at how much fun the evening was!!  We had the lobster & filet menu and many of us wanted to go back and try the 2nd menu they now have for longer cruises, just never made it so we will try that on our next Celebrity cruise.  The food really was excellent.  

We could live with the set menu choices,  (easier for X),  but not the animation on our table

. Also dislike  that the group  eats in synch idea..reminds me of summer camp.

Guess we' ll have to wait it out ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We hosted a group from our roll call on the Silhouette last April and while many of us were concerned that we wouldn't like it we were all pleasantly surprised at how much fun the evening was!!  We had the lobster & filet menu and many of us wanted to go back and try the 2nd menu they now have for longer cruises, just never made it so we will try that on our next Celebrity cruise.  The food really was excellent.  

I couldn't agree more! We thought the food was so delicious and have enjoyed the show multiple times. Will be seeing it again soon!

We also really enjoyed Qsine, and would often go twice during a cruise to enjoy everything.  We tried LPC on our last cruise and really didn't care for it.  The food was fine, but I am not a fan of the animation.   Yes, it's really cool technology and I can appreciate that, but I found the "cartoon" itself to be very childish.  I also didn't like that we might be in the middle of a conversation between courses and have to stop abruptly because the animation starts again for the next course.  The whole experience was fine, if only to say yes we tried it, but I don't anticipate going back again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, isdoo said:

What is LPC? 

Le Petit Chef is a super fun specialty restaurant option. You'll have a tasty 4 course meal and they project (from projectors above) these creative animated stories onto your plate that pair with each course. The whole concept is so cool. My husband and I really enjoyed it all and loved that the whole restaurant took part in the experience. We laughed and smiled the whole way through. Looking forward to seeing the new show called Le Petit Chef and Friends :)

Edited by katiegirl1264