Meet & Mingle sign-ups deleted AGAIN

It's disappointing to see so many people making assumptions about Royal's intentions for "killing" the M&M program.  I see no evidence of that.  I'm an IT person myself and its far more likely that this particular application had some sort of database problem that went undetected until reported but has now been restored.  M&M is a relatively cheap loyalty program for Royal Caribbean.  No reason that I could think of to want to kill it.

Back to 35 signed up for our October Serenade cruise.  I don't think we had many more than that originally and I doubt that 35 of us re-signed up when I posted about the problem on our roll call, so perhaps Royal has begun to fix this.

11 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

Back to 35 signed up for our October Serenade cruise.  I don't think we had many more than that originally and I doubt that 35 of us re-signed up when I posted about the problem on our roll call, so perhaps Royal has begun to fix this.

There were 57 registered when I did back at the beginning of July, I am sure more registered after that, so there are still a bunch not re-registered.  I haven't done it yet because I was waiting until this mess settles down.  I know the list has disappeared multiple times in the past, so figured it doesn't hurt to wait, we have time.

4 hours ago, kernow said:

Try this link (the other one doesn't work for me either).

https://secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk/ccSearch.do

My parents are on your cruise and I've just re signed them up. They are the only 2 people registered at the moment!

4 now, that I have signed up. 

Thank you you for the link that worked:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk/ccRegister.do

37 minutes ago, cyclenut said:

It's disappointing to see so many people making assumptions about Royal's intentions for "killing" the M&M program.  I see no evidence of that.  I'm an IT person myself and its far more likely that this particular application had some sort of database problem that went undetected until reported but has now been restored.  M&M is a relatively cheap loyalty program for Royal Caribbean.  No reason that I could think of to want to kill it.

Well, I can tell you two reasons -- We were on the Jewel TA and B2B Med cruise following.  The M&M's were the worst I've seen in all my Celebrity and Royal cruises.  Both were  hosted by the Events Coordinator and one activities member, and no one else, not even  any of the Senior Officers/Cruise Director.  They gave out 3-4 trinkets that were basically worthless and departed.   It really wasn't worth attending unless you wanted to make contact with others you are sharing excursions.   

Just got off Millennium 7-night Alaska last month.  Not a lot of Elite & above, and only around 20 showed up for the M&M, yet the Captain, Hotel Director, Head Housekeeper, Cruise Director, and some others attended and interacted with the attendees.  A complete 180 from what I experienced on Jewel in April.  🍷

34 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

A complete 180 from what I experienced on Jewel in April.  🍷

I think it has a lot to do with the staff onboard.  We've had great ones on small ships, as well as large.  And lousy ones on both. ☺️

A lot has to do with the people who attend them as well.  An active/friendly Roll Call can make all the difference. 

• Like 1

I've seen good ones & blah ones.... depends on the staff's personality & how much they want to put into it to make it fun! I have never been to one where any of the officers attended...I've been on 17 RCI cruises.... I think the reason for the event is for those that are on a Roll Call to MEET & MINGLE since you've been conversing anonymously prior to your cruise….

If you want to meet & talk to the officers, go to the upper tier gathering &/or the Captains Corner. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

What if RCI is doing this to cut down on M&Ms and it has nothing to do with their IT competence?

I talked to the C&A Society group yesterday morning and was told that they were not aware of the problem with the Meet & Mingle files and she was reporting the issue. She did say that it was not done intentionally; and it wouldn’t hurt to re-register for any M&M’s you previously registered for again.

Rick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Well, I can tell you two reasons -- We were on the Jewel TA and B2B Med cruise following.  The M&M's were the worst I've seen in all my Celebrity and Royal cruises.  Both were  hosted by the Events Coordinator and one activities member, and no one else, not even  any of the Senior Officers/Cruise Director.  They gave out 3-4 trinkets that were basically worthless and departed.   It really wasn't worth attending unless you wanted to make contact with others you are sharing excursions.   

Just got off Millennium 7-night Alaska last month.  Not a lot of Elite & above, and only around 20 showed up for the M&M, yet the Captain, Hotel Director, Head Housekeeper, Cruise Director, and some others attended and interacted with the attendees.  A complete 180 from what I experienced on Jewel in April.  🍷

Yes, Mike, but it IS good for that very purpose, particularly on those two cruises, if you recall.  😉 

1 minute ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Our entire M&M register is deleted! We are on the Harmony Sept 29, 2019. Everyone has to go back in & reregister. I hope we can meet the minimum requirement at this stage. I have no idea what happened. Has anyone ever experienced this?

All of us are experiencing it!  Existing thread below this one will probably be merged with  🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Just saw Merion_Mom had the same issue. Is it all of them?

We think so.  I know our 9-1-19 Harmony M&M was totally deleted.  Bunch of other cruises effected too 

same problem as last year about this time. Just have to reregister and post a notice on your sailing date roll call about this problem
If only. Many of us have been trying for days to register again, and have gotten nothing but errors. Any yes, this has happened before.

On 8/20/2019 at 1:48 AM, perfect match said:

This is starting to get really old. 😡

We went through multiple instances of this on our Symphony cruise this past spring. I had to re-register several times. A lot of people missed the M & M because they thought they were registered, but never got an invite, so didn’t know when or where the M & M would be held. 

It doesn't matter.  I had registered for the last 3 cruises and did not get an invite.

Oh, sorry, I did get an invite to the last one, AFTER the event.

I just go to Guest Services the first day and ask when it will be.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

There were 57 registered when I did back at the beginning of July, I am sure more registered after that, so there are still a bunch not re-registered.  I haven't done it yet because I was waiting until this mess settles down.  I know the list has disappeared multiple times in the past, so figured it doesn't hurt to wait, we have time.

Yes, someone on our roll call posted that we had around 63 or so.  I didn't realize we had that many signed up.  Hope everyone who had registered previously goes back and re-registers.

13 hours ago, hapster85 said:
On 8/20/2019 at 11:08 PM, ChuckC said:
same problem as last year about this time. Just have to reregister and post a notice on your sailing date roll call about this problem

If only. Many of us have been trying for days to register again, and have gotten nothing but errors. Any yes, this has happened before.

I have attached two links at the bottom that were working this morning that will take you to the registration page.

If you are not sure if you are still registered for the M&M. Since many of the M&M lists are already being rebuilt by the booked passengers at this point, just go to the registration page and register again. If you are not registered it will allow you to register. If your last name and booking number are already on the list, you should see the message below. Below that message will be the name and contact information of the person that made the registration. Since I sail solo, I only see my name on my reservations. I do not know if you can add yourself to the registration or the person listed as the contact on the reservation has to do it, if a registration already exists.

“Thank you! We have already received a party registration for your booking group. The contact person for your Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Community Meet & Mingle is listed below. To add guests from your party request, simply select the check boxes below. Once you have registered for an event, the “Contact” person and contact information cannot be changed or deleted.”

Rick

Here are the two links that I am aware of that are working this morning to get you to the registration page.

U.S. and I think Canada:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Our friends in the UK

https://secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk/ccEntry.do

• Like 1

I have attached two links at the bottom that were working this morning that will take you to the registration page.

I've been trying both for a few days now, including this morning. The first being the one I've always used to register for an M&M. It's still giving me errors.

I'm no longer going to worry about it.

The numbers for the M & M's on our 2 up and coming cruises seem to have been restored.  Hope this isn't another glitch . . . . . . . . 

PS -          

KERNOW - We took your advice along with the tram from Zeebrugge and had a fabulous day in Ostend! :classic_cool:       Stephanie 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nearlytheir said:

PS -          

KERNOW - We took your advice along with the tram from Zeebrugge and had a fabulous day in Ostend! :classic_cool:       Stephanie 

Hi Stephanie, 

glad you enjoyed it, I'm always amazed more people don't use the tram,

Julie

1 hour ago, TheJuryIsStillOut said:

I just now went to re sign up for 2 roll call M & Ms that I read were deleted and my response was you are already signed up.

Kat

They must have recovered the old lists.  🍷