Eastern Mediterranean Seabourn Odessey 16th May Athens to Venice

lizzie johnston

7 hours ago, lizzie johnston said:

We are interested to hear from previous cruisers about excursions on this 14 day cruise

we are from Australia and traveling through Italy and Sicily prior to the cruise

Lizzie - welcome to the Seabourn board and CC!

It might be easier for people to respond if you list your ports of call, otherwise they have to look up your sailing for themselves. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We loved the jeep ride around Corfu on Seabourn. In fact, we did it two cruises in a row. You must be able to drive a manual transmission, as all the jeeps have a stick shift. 

The Seabourn tour of Dubrovnik was so lame, we asked for, and received, a partial refund. 

Hope this helps.

We are looking at this itinerary (among several others) also, but would do a back to back to make at leas 14 days.  For me, seven days is too short.  I would prefer SB to plan longer itineraries that were not just segmented.  Of course I understand the reason they break everything up into seven to 10 day segments.  

Lizzie, if this is your first Seabourn cruise you can apply for a Referral Coupon (see top of Topic Listing page) It gives you a US$400 On Board Credit if you are eligible.

Edited by SKP946

I'll second the Corfu self-drive Jeep excursion! Even with the added excitement of my jeep not restarting after a picture stop, and the tour guide needing to start it by rolling it backward down the steep hill! (I wish we had bought more than one bottle of the kumquat liquor at the little shop they stopped at in a tiny village up on a hill -- turned out to be delicious.)

• 2 weeks later...

The Ports we are visiting are ATHENS,ERMOUPOLIS,RHODES,FETHIYE,BODRUM,THIRA,SPETSAI,MONEMVASIA,KATAKOLON,NYDRI,BRINDISI,

DUBROVNIK,ZADAR

We would appreciate suggestions for excursions and which ports are best explored on our own or just people watching.

Please tell me more about the first cruisers credit. I can't find any link to this topic ...is is through Seabourn or Cruise critic?

12 hours ago, lizzie johnston said:

The Ports we are visiting are ATHENS,ERMOUPOLIS,RHODES,FETHIYE,BODRUM,THIRA,SPETSAI,MONEMVASIA,KATAKOLON,NYDRI,BRINDISI,

DUBROVNIK,ZADAR

We would appreciate suggestions for excursions and which ports are best explored on our own or just people watching.

Please tell me more about the first cruisers credit. I can't find any link to this topic ...is is through Seabourn or Cruise critic?

We have really enjoyed Momemvasia twice, an interesting and pretty place. We did this on our own. You can walk it or buy a ticket for the bus.

We love this cruise having sailed this and similar itineraries a few times . We are always happy to go ashore and explore the Ports on foot. Every time we visit these Ports we find something new and different to enhance our memories.

In Athens we usually spend a week as we have very dear friends who live in Athens.

Disembarking in Venice is also a joy as it my favourite Italian City . We stay at the Palazzo Abbadessa in Canneregio for at least 4 days. Enjoy.