Entering passport # and cc info

Animal Farm

I'm having a senior moment. Can we not enter our passport # and credit card info until our "30 days prior" check-in date? I know that we can't pick our check-in TIME until 30 days prior, but I thought there was a way to enter the other required info. Does anyone know if there's a way to get this done?  TIA

4 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I don't bother to do that until final payment. Why give them the info before you are for sure going on the cruise??

The online check-in date for our 8-day next year is only 15 days before final payment date. By then, the odds are pretty good that we're going. And things can happen after final payment date, too. If you do have to cancel after final payment, the info. is there, so waiting will have served no purpose. Besides, what's the harm in it? If you've cruised before, your info. has been entered into their system in the past. Granted, it doesn't appear that they save it because we have to enter it each time, which is a good thing, if you ask me. But if you do enter the info., then have to cancel, there's minimal risk.

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

The online check-in date for our 8-day next year is only 15 days before final payment date. By then, the odds are pretty good that we're going. And things can happen after final payment date, too. If you do have to cancel after final payment, the info. is there, so waiting will have served no purpose. Besides, what's the harm in it? If you've cruised before, your info. has been entered into their system in the past. Granted, it doesn't appear that they save it because we have to enter it each time, which is a good thing, if you ask me. But if you do enter the info., then have to cancel, there's minimal risk.

It has absolutely nothing to do with risk!!

I just don't do things until it is necessary to do so.

I don't pre pay anything unless it is required.

I don't put in info waaaay ahead of time either.

There is no right or wrong about this but just my way of doing things.

IF it makes you feel better to get these things out of the way then of course go for it.

It doesn't matter either way.