Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass Prices Getting Ridiculous

On 8/21/2019 at 1:29 PM, happymanitee said:

I have 3 kids, ages 15, 13, and 11.  Luckily, they agree with me that it’s crazy to go to a water park when there is a beach right there.  We can go to a water park anytime. But, we don’t live close to a beach and only get to see the ocean once or twice a year, so a water park is a waist of time.  

Respectfully disagree.

For us...having a cabana right conveniently located next to the Wave Pool and very close to food venues is a far better way to relax (the main purpose/goal of our cruise)...in contrast to rambling with thousands of people on the beach, avoiding jellyfish and who knows what else in the shallow waters. We can go to a beach anytime, and have done so often. It's not about the water park...it's about the experience.

As for the cost....by being patient and following pricing changes regularly...we secured a $373.99 cabana for the 6 of us, which of course includes water park admission. Seeing the astronomical prices at times for the very same venue is indeed insanely expensive.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Question about the water park cabanas.  We are a group of 8.  But myself and my son will not be in the water park (I have no interest and he might be too small and doesn't like heights).  Could we all use the cabana but only 6 use the water park?  Never been to CB so I have no idea about location of these cabanas.  Just a thought in my head, wanted to see if it would work before speaking to the rest of my group.

1 hour ago, MaddyandMax said:

Question about the water park cabanas.  We are a group of 8.  But myself and my son will not be in the water park (I have no interest and he might be too small and doesn't like heights).  Could we all use the cabana but only 6 use the water park?  Never been to CB so I have no idea about location of these cabanas.  Just a thought in my head, wanted to see if it would work before speaking to the rest of my group.

You can't get into the water park without a pass so no, you wouldn't be able to use the cabana. There are cabanas outside the water park but they cost more and don't include the park passes.

1 hour ago, CruisinCrow said:

You can't get into the water park without a pass so no, you wouldn't be able to use the cabana. There are cabanas outside the water park but they cost more and don't include the park passes.

Thanks for the response! I figured as much but thought I would ask just in case.

Our 2020 4-nt family cruise on the Mariner has two stops at CocoCay. This appeared today on our cruise planner, offering a 2-day pass for the same price that a one-day pass was being sold as of yesterday.

If your cruise has a similar scenario and you’ve already bought your pass, you may want to swap it for this deal:

399D050F-5394-4F44-827E-06688A590409.jpeg

Edited by snowglobe