Coffee package on Australian Princess cruises

We have cruises booked on the Majestic and Golden Princess next Jan/Feb. The coffee package that we normally buy for 15 specialty coffees and fresh brewed coffee at the International Cafe isn't available on the Cruise Personalizer, only a full beverage package... not happening for over $80/day/pp.  Is the coffee package/punch card available for purchase onboard?

Yep - still available, but it will be on put on your sea pass card, staff will tell you when you have used the 15, or you should ask.

You buy it at the International Cafe, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Porky55

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Yep - still available, but it will be on put on your sea pass card, staff will tell you when you have used the 15, or you should ask.

You buy it at the International Cafe, if I remember correctly.

Thanks, good to know. Just thought it odd it wasn't available for pre-purchase.

4 minutes ago, valantine80 said:

How long has this rule been in for? We have previously been able to use unused coffees on subsequent cruises.

For about a year now. Leftover punches on the old paper cards had to be used up by August 2019.

Even though my husband had a few specialty coffees left on a newly purchased package on our recent cruise, it was still worth the convenience to also get regular brewed coffee or hot chocolate with food at the International Cafe.

10 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

For about a year now. Leftover punches on the old paper cards had to be used up by August 2019.

Even though my husband had a few specialty coffees left on a newly purchased package on our recent cruise, it was still worth the convenience to also get regular brewed coffee or hot chocolate with food at the International Cafe.

Yes this is what makes the coffee card such great value, free standard coffee, standard tea, and hot chocolate as well as the 15 specialty coffee or tea.

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Yes this is what makes the coffee card such great value, free standard coffee, standard tea, and hot chocolate as well as the 15 specialty coffee or tea.

Earlier this year on the Sea we bought the coffee card and was told once our specialty coffee was used up we could no longer get the brewed coffee ?

since I have been told I should have maybe asked another server as some of the servers don’t always know the job ?

We are on the Majestic in Feb, is the International Cafe the only place you can get brewed coffee from ?

Cheers Carole

11 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Earlier this year on the Sea we bought the coffee card and was told once our specialty coffee was used up we could no longer get the brewed coffee ?

since I have been told I should have maybe asked another server as some of the servers don’t always know the job ?

We are on the Majestic in Feb, is the International Cafe the only place you can get brewed coffee from ?

Cheers Carole

The coffee 'package' is valid for the voyage, regardless of if you use up all the specialty coffees before your cruise is over. Anything less would be sure to cause a mutiny!

Specialty coffees etc are available from the International Cafe, formal dining rooms and specialty restaurants... it may take a few extra minutes to get it from locations other than the Cafe. I don't know if there's another smaller coffee bar on the Majestic. There's a Tea Bar... don't know if it's set up to serve coffee for the Australian market.

You no longer get an actual 'card'. The 'package' is loaded onto your cruise card (or Medallion for Medallion cruises).

Pretty sure you can still exchange the mini bar perk for a coffee package.

Edited by Adventures ahead

18 minutes ago, Adventures ahead said:

The coffee 'package' is valid for the voyage, regardless of if you use up all the specialty coffees before your cruise is over. Anything less would be sure to cause a mutiny!

Specialty coffees etc are available from the International Cafe, formal dining rooms and specialty restaurants... it may take a few extra minutes to get it from locations other than the Cafe. I don't know if there's another smaller coffee bar on the Majestic. There's a Tea Bar... don't know if it's set up to serve coffee for the Australian market.

You no longer get an actual 'card'. The 'package' is loaded onto your cruise card (or Medallion for Medallion cruises).

Seems like the server didn’t know his job then, Can you share a card?

Cheers Carole

8 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Seems like the server didn’t know his job then, Can you share a card?

Cheers Carole

Yes you can share a card because the card is number limited for the specialty products. My wife is a tea drinker and often likes a hot chocolate, we have never been refused either with the punch card or the new system.

13 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

there is a coffee setup in the bubble tea bar

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Be thrifty like us, take a couple of boxes of Nescafe Cappuccino sachets, or perhaps a box of Robert Timms Coffee bags, way to go.

Not keen on the sachets but might try the coffee bags before we go 

Cheers Carole

29 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Not keen on the sachets but might try the coffee bags before we go 

Cheers Carole

I actually prefer the Aldi cappa sachets, I prefer the taste over the Nescafe ones.

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Be thrifty like us, take a couple of boxes of Nescafe Cappuccino sachets, or perhaps a box of Robert Timms Coffee bags, way to go.

That is what we do but it is not so much to be thrifty but to have decent coffee, the way we like it, whenever we want.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:39 PM, valantine80 said:

Does anyone know if you can still exchange mini bar for a coffee card?  My only gripe with this is you have to exchange both mini bars.

If you are Elite you just ask housekeeping to exchange it. this is done usually on the first day.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:47 PM, NSWP said:

I actually prefer the Aldi cappa sachets, I prefer the taste over the Nescafe ones.

We tend to the Maconna ones but the boss likes a few of the Aldi range, or sticks to he4 various teas.

On 8/24/2019 at 5:04 PM, MicCanberra said:

That is what we do but it is not so much to be thrifty but to have decent coffee, the way we like it, whenever we want.

Exactly, I find the Princess coffee card brews not brilliant, ok but not brilliant.  We also take the sachets on road trips, the motel/hotel coffee is generally pretty ordinary, International Roast is still found.😮 Horrible.

Going on a little road trip on the 14th Sept for 10 days, Cowra, Dubbo, Mudgee, Bathurst, take a few cappa sachets along with ye olde thermos flask and there is your roadside brew at your convenience.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

We take the Moccona sachets, for much the same reason as NSWP -

Though the purchased espresso’s on board are fine (doubles for preference) the convenience of a sachet can’t be beaten

Edited by Porky55

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

We tend to the Maconna ones but the boss likes a few of the Aldi range, or sticks to he4 various teas.

We use Moccona sachets as well and the Robert Timms coffee bags depending on what we feel like having. Both are easy to carry when travelling.

Leigh