Cruise Critic Community
PrincessPete

Kettles in cabins on Celebrity Silhouette sailing from Southampton?

I probably don't need to add anything to the subject title but an answer from recent Silhouette passengers from the UK would be appreciated.

Many thanks 

We have recently sailed on Celebrity Infinity and I just asked for a kettle and the stewardess brought one the same night

Just ask and see what they say.

We sailed Silhouette  from Southampton in May 2019 and yes there was an electric kettle and tea  setups in our cabin when we boarded (without asking)  You can find more tea and hot chocolate in the Ocean cafe, or just asked the stateroom attendant. Enjoy your cruise!

We had one on the Silhouette TA from Southampton last year.  I believe they are removed in Ft Lauderdale.

Thank you very much for the replies. Looking forward to  ️In the cabin 😀😀. You know what us Brits are like!!

Thanks again and kind regards

37 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

Thank you very much for the replies. Looking forward to  ️In the cabin 😀😀. You know what us Brits are like!!

Thanks again and kind regards

Worth taking a Tupperware with you to collect some nice things to enjoy with your ‘cuppa’. 

Cafe el bachio has a great selection of biscuits etc and you can get them without ordering a ‘paid for’ drink. Also late afternoon the Oceanview has an afternoon tea selection.

Enjoy!

I've sailed on the Silhouette five times from Southampton in a variety of cabin classes and every time we've had a kettle (plus tea bags, coffee sachets etc) in the room. The Oceanview Cafe on deck 14 has half-pint cartons of milk at breakfast, I usually take one of those back to the room and keep it in the minibar fridge - it usually lasts 1-2 days (aways prefer fresh milk in tea rather than those UHT cartons). The stateroom attendant will empty the minibar on request if you'd rather keep the fridge free for milk, water, soft drinks etc.

There is also a tea & coffee station in the Hideaway on deck 7 (midship, near the elevators) where you can get self-service tea and coffee with real milk.

As chemmo has also said, there is a good selection of pastries in Cafe al Bacio on deck 5, you can also get cookies (biscuits!) from the Oceanview Cafe (usually situated by the ice cream). We usually take a selection of ziplock bags - easier to stash in your pocket than the Tupperware! 😅

Enjoy the Silhouette - we're big fans!