Hello! I'm a crew member!

On 1/18/2020 at 2:15 PM, hal2008 said:

Time off at ports

- As a shop or casion employee that relatively easy to get time off but how about room attendants? Do they get time off at all or do they work 7 days a week straight for the entire 35 week contract?

Some crew who work split shifts, like wait staff and cabin stewards can get a couple of hours ashore between shifts.  Some, like galley staff, laundry staff, deck and engine crew, who work a straight 12 hour day shift are limited in the times they can get ashore, having to ask supervisor's permission to miss some hours.  Crew assigned to emergency teams are restricted to ship on a rotating basis (if there are 6 fire teams, then every 3rd day each fire team is restricted to ship while in port.

Good to know that Florida does not (yet) have same retrictions as NY/NJ ports

(majority of crew is not allowed to get off the ship in NY/NJ by order of Trump administration. Only those who have completed 5 or 6 contracts. Canadains/Australin/Zealanders/Western Europeans are allowed but their pct is very small of overall crew.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 2:53 PM, chengkp75 said:

Some crew who work split shifts, like wait staff and cabin stewards can get a couple of hours ashore between shifts.  Some, like galley staff, laundry staff, deck and engine crew, who work a straight 12 hour day shift are limited in the times they can get ashore, having to ask supervisor's permission to miss some hours.  Crew assigned to emergency teams are restricted to ship on a rotating basis (if there are 6 fire teams, then every 3rd day each fire team is restricted to ship while in port.

I think he asked someone who actually works there.

Hey Chris!

Great video.  It's interesting to see how the crew live.  I don't think I'll ever complain again that guest cabins are small.  They look gigantic in comparison to what you live in.

I see the spelling of Assistant on your name tag is still incorrect.  Doesn't Royal care?  It kinda looks bad - you might even say unprofessional!  (Perhaps they replaced it and you just hung on to the old one for a laugh.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 12:19 PM, HappyCouple72 said:

Hi Chris, any news on a new contract after this one. Wife and I will be on Oasis May 10th , hoping to see you and say hello / thank you for your efforts with videos etc 

Not sure yet. I have plans to stay home in the UK for a little while and build my YouTube channel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 4:49 AM, FlowBroTy said:

Here is the day two vlog by @ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE

Thank you so much for sharing - we disembard Radiance to fly home after 44 days onbaord and found out later the next day that everyone had to disembark and get back to the their home countries -

We appreciate all of the crew for the RCL family and pray that you all stay safe - ALSO - will you get assigned to the larger passenger cabins?  That would sure be nice!  I know Captain Kate on Celebrity announced that all crew will be moving into larger quarters!  

• 3 weeks later...

For all of us that were interested in his videos and his whereabouts now, just a quick note to let everyone know that Chris is alive and well.  I found this thread a while ago and like all of you had been looking for updated/recent videos.  Looks like he stopped posting here on cruisecritic but he has continued to post youtube videos.  

Take a look at his youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxgWpP7nDIIS_NMiEVH0R1g

Juan 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

Would you cruise if wearing a mask is mandatory?

I'm taking a Columbia river cruise in September.    ACL  has advised me that wearing a mask will be mandatory at certain times.  We booked the cruise last year.

Edited by Tom47