Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Mariner on Monday!! 👍


Keep her in one piece, I board on Friday for the Royal Wedding and a B2B!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 3:07 PM, amygutman said:

First of all...your cruisecritic name is awesome!

I am planning a whole series of videos - from getting hired, the training, the packing (very different than entertainers and very few guidelines), and the whole cruise ship medicine experience. Got interested in it from a mentor from 2 decades ago who thought it would be an interesting side-job for me. 

Since I'm currently waiting to board a ship that is being delayed by the storm, I will have to get back to you on the particulars. I am hopeful though that RCL will help participate in medical care / evacuations in the Bahamas as they have in the past. 

Amy

Hi, I’m a Doc as well, and very interested in your experience. Could you please include me on your videos, etc?  So excited for you, and hope all goes well.  Akatemorgan  at  yahoo.  Thanks so much!  And wishing you the best experience ever during your adventure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

 

This cruise has been interesting because of the hurricane. The ship is only at half capacity, due to many guests cancelling their cruise.

 

we had to change itinerary and we are now currently in Mexico. Cozumel yesterday, and Costa Maya today.

 

We still have no idea what is happening next Cruise, as we are not even sure if guests will be able to join the ship.

Hello Chris‼️

Loved your videos and vlog. Thank you for posting them.

My wife and I will be on Mariner December 9th for your “Jingle and Mingle” cruise (casino comp) and we look forward to it very much and look forward to hopefully meeting you.

We were on Harmony during Dorian and our 7 night cruise turned into 11 nights due to not being able to get back to Port Canaveral. When we were in Cozumel, Mariner docked beside us and we, haha, had to “borrow” some food from you guys. Hope you didn’t run out of eggs, lol. We ended up spending a total of 3 night in Cozumel plus one night in Roatan and one night in Costa Maya. Our cruise was originally supposed to have been The Eastern Caribbean.

Really enjoying following along on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Artemus said:

Hello Chris‼️

Loved your videos and vlog. Thank you for posting them.

My wife and I will be on Mariner December 9th for your “Jingle and Mingle” cruise (casino comp) and we look forward to it very much and look forward to hopefully meeting you.

We were on Harmony during Dorian and our 7 night cruise turned into 11 nights due to not being able to get back to Port Canaveral. When we were in Cozumel, Mariner docked beside us and we, haha, had to “borrow” some food from you guys. Hope you didn’t run out of eggs, lol. We ended up spending a total of 3 night in Cozumel plus one night in Roatan and one night in Costa Maya. Our cruise was originally supposed to have been The Eastern Caribbean.

Really enjoying following along on this thread.

 

Thank you for watching! I look forward to meeting you, especially for the holiday season.

 

I couldn't imagine the ship running out of food. I guess it's something I never actually thought about. This was also my first time doing a cruise through a hurricane, and the cruise was extended by 2 days, causing the following cruise to be cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Laura just spent 7 nights looking for you, no luck. 🤔

 

That's a shame. I guess we just never crossed paths with my schedule.

 

I've met quite a few of you guys now, and it's been lovely to meet you personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

 

That's a shame. I guess we just never crossed paths with my schedule.

 

I've met quite a few of you guys now, and it's been lovely to meet you personally.

 

We're back in January.

What kind of schedule do you keep?

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got off of the Mariner and saw Chris twice in the casino.....I didn't stop and say hi, as he looked very busy.....but he is definitely on board and doing his thing in the casino, plus we lost so I was a little grumpy 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Royal Caribbean Dude,

 

I am curious as to whether you can provide some clarification as to how the casino deals with providing OBC or free play to players earning a lot of points in a specific cruise.

 

For example, I have read posts where players had different experiences earning points toward Prime/Signature/Masters levels, and being contacted by (or asking) the casino host for OBC for say 5000 points. Some received $20 OBC/free play per 1000 points, others got more, less or nothing.

 

Tyia!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 1:27 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Here’s the large thread from Feb 2018

 

 

Oh yes, I remember this. Good to see a continuation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a physician I, too, am very interested in all aspects of this experience for you from the initial contact on. It is an idea that I have often toyed with. However, I also love walking onto a ship and leaving medicine behind. I'm not sure I would want to lose that escape from life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 5:23 PM, Artemus said:

Hello Chris‼️

Loved your videos and vlog. Thank you for posting them.

My wife and I will be on Mariner December 9th for your “Jingle and Mingle” cruise (casino comp) and we look forward to it very much and look forward to hopefully meeting you.

We were on Harmony during Dorian and our 7 night cruise turned into 11 nights due to not being able to get back to Port Canaveral. When we were in Cozumel, Mariner docked beside us and we, haha, had to “borrow” some food from you guys. Hope you didn’t run out of eggs, lol. We ended up spending a total of 3 night in Cozumel plus one night in Roatan and one night in Costa Maya. Our cruise was originally supposed to have been The Eastern Caribbean.

Really enjoying following along on this thread.

I just have to say your new extended cruise sounds amazing!  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pitbull1130 said:

Board the Mariner on Friday, got to meet you on the Indy...................


Watch out for The Royal Wedding party crew... we're invading this weekend!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SoFlaAtty said:

Royal Caribbean Dude,

 

I am curious as to whether you can provide some clarification as to how the casino deals with providing OBC or free play to players earning a lot of points in a specific cruise.

 

For example, I have read posts where players had different experiences earning points toward Prime/Signature/Masters levels, and being contacted by (or asking) the casino host for OBC for say 5000 points. Some received $20 OBC/free play per 1000 points, others got more, less or nothing.

 

Tyia!!!

 

With questions like this, I'm not 100% sure what I can and cannot share online. I don't want to risk getting into trouble.

 

Onboard Credit is organised by Royal Caribbean, not the casino. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 7:21 PM, CTCruiser76 said:

We just got off of the Mariner and saw Chris twice in the casino.....I didn't stop and say hi, as he looked very busy.....but he is definitely on board and doing his thing in the casino, plus we lost so I was a little grumpy 😥

 

Never be scared to say hello to me! I love meeting you guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pitbull1130 said:

Board the Mariner on Friday, got to meet you on the Indy...................

 

I look forward to seeing you again! I must say, the ship has been a little rocky sailing in/out of Port Canaveral last cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ANNOUNCEMENT!

 

I just wanted say thank you to everyone who has been watching my vlogs! I just hit 200 subscribers, and the channel is growing everyday! I had no idea there was going to be such a strong interest into the life of a crew member, and engaging with you guys has inspired me to make more content!

 

One day, I hope to make vlogs for Royal Caribbean full time!

 

I have a whole bunch of new videos to post, but as you can imagine, finding the time to edit and finding strong wi-if to post is quite difficult for me. I've just finished editing my Christmas vlog from Independence last year, so make sure to subscribe and look out for that!

 

Also, let me know if there's something you want to see me show/talk about. I need more video ideas.

 

This community is fantastic, and meeting you guys when you come onboard actually makes my day better! You're all so nice.

 

Thank you once again, and stay tuned for more content coming soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

ANNOUNCEMENT!

 

I just wanted say thank you to everyone who has been watching my vlogs! I just hit 200 subscribers, and the channel is growing everyday! I had no idea there was going to be such a strong interest into the life of a crew member, and engaging with you guys has inspired me to make more content!

 

One day, I hope to make vlogs for Royal Caribbean full time!

 

I have a whole bunch of new videos to post, but as you can imagine, finding the time to edit and finding strong wi-if to post is quite difficult for me. I've just finished editing my Christmas vlog from Independence last year, so make sure to subscribe and look out for that!

 

Also, let me know if there's something you want to see me show/talk about. I need more video ideas.

 

This community is fantastic, and meeting you guys when you come onboard actually makes my day better! You're all so nice.

 

Thank you once again, and stay tuned for more content coming soon!

You could make videos of your favorite places to go to each port. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!!! I'm enjoying your vlogs 🙂 I wish I had seen this a few weeks ago, my hubby and I were aboard the Mariner September 6th through 9th and stopped in the casino pretty frequently.   I'll be back on board September 27th for my girlfriends 50th birthday celebration.  She's also a casino frequent flier..... Her birthday group count is up in the 80s, any chance you can do a birthday announcement one evening?  Her Daughter is also celebrating her 30th birthday.   You won't be able to miss us.  Just a thought 😊 thanks for what you do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chris!  Really enjoyed your videos.  I will be on the Mariner March 10th, will you still be in the Casino?  I am a prime member and enjoy the slots on my cruises.  If you are still there in March I will stop and say hello.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jimvern1966 said:

Hello!!! I'm enjoying your vlogs 🙂 I wish I had seen this a few weeks ago, my hubby and I were aboard the Mariner September 6th through 9th and stopped in the casino pretty frequently.   I'll be back on board September 27th for my girlfriends 50th birthday celebration.  She's also a casino frequent flier..... Her birthday group count is up in the 80s, any chance you can do a birthday announcement one evening?  Her Daughter is also celebrating her 30th birthday.   You won't be able to miss us.  Just a thought 😊 thanks for what you do

 

Birthday announcement.....I will be happy to!

 

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lonig said:

Hi Chris!  Really enjoyed your videos.  I will be on the Mariner March 10th, will you still be in the Casino?  I am a prime member and enjoy the slots on my cruises.  If you are still there in March I will stop and say hello.

 

Yes, right now, I'm scheduled to be on the Mariner until March 18th.

 

My contracts are 6-7 months long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 1:56 PM, nalatrixie74 said:

You could make videos of your favorite places to go to each port. 

 

I had this an idea, but there are so many travel bloggers/vloggers already exploring these places.

 

I don't want to make videos that have already been done before.

 

I think the reason why my vlogs are quite good, is because I'm the first crew member to actually vlog my life onboard the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...