Hating Cruise Docs ... Where are ...???

hawkeye65

This is our first cruise on HAL, and I'm having problems getting my info off the Already Booked/Check In website. My problem is complicated by my TA having quit and working with a new TA in the same agency. Took me 20+ min to find out what transfers we've paid for. My printer is ignoring my commands to print boarding pass and luggage tags. Now I'm on the search for other details.

We got a promotion that included pre-paid gratuities. Can't find any mention at all. We're also supposed to have OBC. Can't find that either. We're being comped to 2 specialty restaurants. No mention.

Are we supposed to take all this on faith before we  board the ship? If we don't have all this settled, I'd like to know while I can still call my TA for help.

Does anyone know? TIA.

Get everything in writing from your new TA. If you book directly with HAL, the details you're describing show up in your voyage personalizer. If you book through a TA, they don't. 

If you click on boarding pass, do you see it appear? If it shows up, save the file and print from the saved file. If it doesn't come up, check your popup blocker. You have to disable it to get the boarding pass and luggage tags to pop up.

Also, you only need to print the first page of the boarding pass. Scroll through the rest of the documents to see some details about the cruise, but you don't need all those pages when you check in. 

• Like 3

Your TA should have sent you a .pdf via email of your booking confirmation from HAL both when you made your deposit and when you made your final payment. On that booking confirmation on the first page any Holland America provided obc should be listed under "Guest Information" as a line item called "Onboard Credit."  Any promo related items like "Pre Paid Hotel Svc Charge Promo" should be in a space called "Special Services" underneath your "Cancellation Fee Schedule." Take paper copies of this and all receipts from online purchases such as excursions, drink pkgs, prepaid laundry or internet etc with you. 

Oh and yes as 3rdGen said, popup blocker disabling is a must when dealing with checking in and printing HAL docs. 

We were having a lot of trouble on Sunday, but discovered that the HAL website was not taking our credit card information, and therefore the cruise docs were not complete.  Had to call HAL on Monday to get it registered and straightened out.

If you have ad-blocker program, the docs won't print.  You must pause it for the HAL site while you're trying to print the docs.  Once you have those boarding passes printed, put the block back on.  Works very well for me.

Your TA should be able to supply the confirmations on purchases you need as well.  How you asked her/him?

I hope you get it sorted out soon.  Relax on the cruise and have a wonderful time.

• 1 month later...

I just finished checking in.  What I found weird is the passport dates HAD to be entered using the dropdown calendar, not entered manually.  They had no way to advance the years, just the months.  My clicking finger got tired advancing to 2027, and going back to 2011.  

My AdBlock Plus in Chrome allows me to whitelist sites, and www.book2.hollandamerica.com allows me to print all the docs without having to deal with turning the adblocker on and off.  The last time I cruised with HAL I added the url.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

For Mac users.........

When I hit "print boarding documents" from the HAL site, my Mac drops the documents into "Finder" and then I have to view them and print them.  

Thank you. Will save me a problem. 

On 8/20/2019 at 8:28 PM, Ineke said:

We were having a lot of trouble on Sunday, but discovered that the HAL website was not taking our credit card information, and therefore the cruise docs were not complete.  Had to call HAL on Monday to get it registered and straightened out.

I had the exact same problem and also called HAL last week.  Easy fix but their teckies should fix the on-line glitch so we don't have to call.....