Oceana mini suite B310

Bogof1

Hi!

we have just booked this cabin for a cruise February half term 2020 with our 13 yr old grandson. I’ve researched a lot about the cabin and wow...compared to Princess mini suite...speechless! Few questions please as have read conflicting posts.

* Do you get priority boarding

* Can you eat in a dining room on embarkation

any other tips anyone can give will be most welcome, especially regarding children’s, or rather teen clubs on the ship.

thank you

Depends on where and how you board regarding priority. We flew on a charter flight with only PO customers on, we all arrived at the same time and they just dealt with us as we arrived, but little or no delay anyway. But you are supposed to get priority boarding. Certainly we were surprised that arriving at about midday our cabin was ready for us immediately.

No you cannot eat in a dining room. There is supposed to be canapes and wine for MS, but we heard nothing and are not bothered so just went and ate in the buffet, ask when checking in if you are interested.

There are facilities for kids, but we have none and know nothing about them.

We were in B421 and it is the best room we have had on any cruise. You might have some issues with sleeping as there is only a curtain across the room that divides living/converted  to sleeping from the main bedroom. But bathroom is accesible from both areas without going through the other area. And there is a TV in both areas, also DVD player.

I am sure you will enjoy your time onboard.

Priority boarding only really applies if you are sailing from Southampton.  If it's a fly cruise then planes all arrive at different times and it's not possible.  To answer your question yes you do get priority boarding at Southampton.  Tell the person at the Terminal that you have a mini suite and you'll be directed to one of the desks if they  are open.  You'll then, once you've been checked in be directed to a roped off area where tea/coffee is available.  When you get on board sometimes the crew will try to direct you to the Horizon buffet but just tell them you're in a mini suite and are entitled to the complimentary lunch and drinks and you'll be directed to where that's being held.  When you get your cruise card at check in you'll find there is a little black diamond on it which signifies you are in a suite or mini suite.  Also at check in you'll probably given a card telling you about the complimentary lunch and you'll be asked to give that in when you get to the lunch venue.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

It seems like many things on cruise ships, that you need to know what you can have and have to ask for it. We had no information volunteered. We have been on fly cruises with other lines and we have been given priority when we arrived at the booking in area.

We have arrived several times at Barbados for the check in, a plane load of tired passengers all queuing up in the check in shed and we have had either a mini suite or a suite and have never considered saying we have priority check in.  I don't think we'd have been popular going to the front of the queue.   

Thanks annieuk.  Only ever had a mini suite on princess and they are equivalent of delude balcony on p and o so was a bit confused! We got a good pricentre on this cruise and thought as we were taking our grandson it would give us a lot more room so was really surprised when I saw the size. Yes we are travelling from southampton.  

Annieuk I quite agree if id flown all that way I wouldn't either. However at Southampton it doesn't really matter as you can get on as and when as I have on all cruises. I am quite prepared to wait and people watch but it's nice to know there is a restaurant for lunch as normally on our p and o cruise we've used the buffet which is fine but prefer to start my cruise as on Princess in a restaurant. Whatever happens I'm going to enjoy my cruise.mthanks for taking time to reply

Yes it's like quite large canapes - but the wine flows and we think it's a really relaxed way to begin the cruise rather than going up to the buffet.  Usually on Oceana it's held in the Starlights lounge, at least it was the last time we were on Oceana.

• Like 1

as i said earlier, we were not given info, but from what we knew, decided we would not ask. Canopes seem not to be a good subsititute for 'real' food and wine at luch time, especially flowing would put me out for the rest of the cruise. Each to their own!