Changes coming to Freedom

23 hours ago, sushigirl53 said:

I was on the Freedom some years ago in a ocean view balcony room and really liked the ship. However, since losing my husband three years ago, I now travel with my adult daughter and a cousin of mine. The three of us sailed on the Allure OTS in 2017 and shared a Grand Suite. It had LOTS of room and storage for the three of us and we fell in love with the perks that go with staying in a suite; especially the Suites Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. Those areas on the Allure appear to be located in what used to be the Viking Crown Lounge.

Now, we are considering a southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Freedom for the summer of 2020. So, we will be looking at booking a Grand Suite, again, to comfortably accommodate the three of us. Hearing about the upcoming dry dock upgrades to the Freedom, we are hoping that the current VCL will be converted to a SL and CK. Any information on that sort of change coming to Freedom with these upgrades?

Thanks for any information.

Phyllis in GA

If the changes to Freedom are like those on Liberty then the area next to VCL that was for games and  card playing will be converted to a SL. It was very nice with a private outdoor area and lots of windows and seating. But I doubt there will be a CK. You shouldn’t expect the complimentary wine,  beer and soda that Oasis class has daily in SL. 

That being said, I think a GS will be comfortable for you. We love Freedom. She’s our favorite non-Oasis class ship. 

23 hours ago, sushigirl53 said:

Now, we are considering a southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Freedom for the summer of 2020. So, we will be looking at booking a Grand Suite, again, to comfortably accommodate the three of us. Hearing about the upcoming dry dock upgrades to the Freedom, we are hoping that the current VCL will be converted to a SL and CK. Any information on that sort of change coming to Freedom with these upgrades?

As MalteseMomma mentioned...there won't be a CK on Freedom, should they add an SL to the VCL deck.  That area does not have the room or the layout needed for a kitchen up there.  

On 8/21/2019 at 3:05 PM, fletch1027 said:

If it's like the other ships, Playmakers will be on the Promenade, but I'm not sure what it replaces on the Promenade?

I believe Playmakers will be replacing Sabor?

17 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

On Freedom, Sabor is down on deck 4 - across from Schooner Bar and I believe that is where Izumi will be going...

I had heard Sabor was leaving and I agree with you, that space is now more likely being filled by Izumi, thanks!

13 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Perhaps....what itinerary?

Southern Carib out of SJ.    First leg (1/10/21) is ABCs.  Second leg is Lesser Antilles and St. Thomas.  

Will be interesting to see the changes on Freedom.  Was always one of my favorite ships, miss her sailing out of PC. 

Edited by island lady

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Esmerelda said:

If we were to book the Freedom out of SJ, does anyone know which side of ship is better when we are in ports? I normally pick the port side but have never gone out of SJ. Thanks for any suggestions.  

Varies port to port, cruise to cruise.