looking for advice on this cruise line to germany

dznypal

I am planning on trying to find a cruise to take for us my hubby has always wanted to go to germany--

most of the more well known ones such as disney--RCL princess carinval celebrity and a few others

but most of these go to other ports that were not interested in

but in doing a search I found fred olson--but know nothing about them they have a few very interesting cruises to germany

so Im looking for any tips and advice for the ships and ports

also price since it looks like this cruise is out of England since all prices looks to be in british pound

I need alot of advice on what is there to do on the ships dinning port adventures--basially anything and everything--also staterooms

so thanks for all help you can give me

We have cruised on Disney several times, as well as Fred Olsen (and other lines). There is a great difference between Disney and Olsen! You will find very few children. Most passengers will be elderly. The ships are also elderly, thought recently refitted. They are smaller with fewer passengers, which means they can get into ports other lines cannot. Hence they have more interesting itineraries. It is a traditional cruise line, with fixed dinner sittings and several formal nights. There will be speakers in the daytime and the usual shows in the evenings.

Do a search on YouTube to see tours of the ships to give you an idea.

Just convert the prices to dollars, get the exchange rate on google. The line is Norwegian, but caters for the British market. You do get some Americans on board occasionally.

Go to the very top of the page (next to the cruisecritic logo) and use the RESEARCH drop down to select REVIEWS.

Insert the name of the Fred ship with the German itinerary to bring up reviews. 

First to appear on your screen will be the cruisecritic OVERVIEW and after this, you can select from several headings including dining, photos, reviews, activities, excursions etc.

And read the threads on the Fred forum for more info.

And have a good read of the Fred Olsen official website with FAQs etc.

And yes, there will probably be footage on YouTube. Once on the site, use the "search" box.

Edited by edinburgher