“LIVE” 12 Night Scandinavia & Russia Cruise on Reflection - August 25th, 2019

clj7181

12 hours ago, hcat said:

Great photos

Hope you are feeling better from your fall..how did food get near the hot tub?

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!

There wasn’t food - my dripping on the deck and a wet foot was it - I stepped and down I went.  Another guy fell shortly after me in the same spot.  In the solarium they put down mats by the hot tub exit.  

In doing better - knee pain is more or less gone today and hip is a lot better - thank you for asking.

The morning of our second sea day was pretty uneventful.  Mom went to some shopping talk and checked out the shops.  I went and grabbed breakfast, played trivia - poorly, grabbed lunch then went to the beyond the podium talk on rock and roll.  I think had the ship tour - note - you need closed toe shoes / pants (which I had) if you plan on doing the tour.

First stop was the Galley

BC594F59-3428-4048-84A7-08AFC28DEBFA.thumb.jpeg.2a6bd78bfbf5b189130df61e7d453020.jpegBFF54F3A-6CDA-4D60-9DDD-F49AE3089C15.thumb.jpeg.71faa6b3253bcb48c0cad85059a2ad33.jpeg

AE62FCA7-1E1B-4CEA-A6C3-9B582A806BF0.thumb.jpeg.6df5842146b7d9eeef94f64f8f016283.jpeg

Here is I-95 it the main corridor

011A0990-0315-46F6-A1C3-D039946A0016.thumb.jpeg.9e3a3faeddacbe23e7fc58df9088f243.jpeg

next stop was the engine room - we did have to go through a security check 

56DE9B6F-4891-4B91-9246-A1826429F91F.thumb.jpeg.75b8fef35dd4a1f4d2e84a196b6cf90f.jpeg

1151E1E6-A28F-4382-B917-D3837F4819FD.thumb.jpeg.a8135f5365181d5eba879d530e8d79ca.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. I just booked this ship last night for March 2021 (but ABC itin). We have not cruised Celebrity before but my mom swears by them. What cabin are you in? We booked 6199 and obstructed view balcony. It's above the art gallery and should be relatively quiet...I'm hoping. Can't wait to read more!

Edited by laumicmah

We were 2 days ahead of you on the Royal Caribbean  Brilliance of the Seas.  We usually sail on Celebrity but for the cost difference we took the RC ship.  We did not go to Berlin however.

We had a great cruise.  Had sun in all ports but one - Helsinki - but did not rain.  The sun was shining on our sail out from Helsinki!

We stayed at the Doubletree Centraal Station and took the train to and from the airport.  Easy walk from ship to station after cruise.  

We did a walking tour in Amsterdam and the guide said do not take photos in the Red Light District.  The person will come out and in some cases destroy your camera/phone.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Gail

10 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

We were 2 days ahead of you on the Royal Caribbean  Brilliance of the Seas.  We usually sail on Celebrity but for the cost difference we took the RC ship.  We did not go to Berlin however.

We had a great cruise.  Had sun in all ports but one - Helsinki - but did not rain.  The sun was shining on our sail out from Helsinki!

We stayed at the Doubletree Centraal Station and took the train to and from the airport.  Easy walk from ship to station after cruise.  

We did a walking tour in Amsterdam and the guide said do not take photos in the Red Light District.  The person will come out and in some cases destroy your camera/phone.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Gail

Hi Gail, we’re doing this cruise next August (cannot wait!). I’m considering the Doubletree also. When you said it was an easy walk to the ship from there, how much luggage did you have (and how young are you!?!). We’re 2 rather fit 70-somethings, and I wasn’t sure if we would attempt the walk with 2-3 pieces of luggage.

5 minutes ago, FirstTeacher said:

Hi Gail, we’re doing this cruise next August (cannot wait!). I’m considering the Doubletree also. When you said it was an easy walk to the ship from there, how much luggage did you have (and how young are you!?!). We’re 2 rather fit 70-somethings, and I wasn’t sure if we would attempt the walk with 2-3 pieces of luggage.

We had 25" suitcase each and one 21"  It was an easy walk to the Doubletree once we figured how to get out of the train station!  We are late 60 somethings.

We did take the train to and from Schiphol airport.

The walk to the station  from the cruise port was less than a mile and a straight walk.  If your luggage has good wheels it is not an issue.  I will probably invest in new luggage with double spinner wheels.  

Some of the walk is paver like rather than smooth surface which was not too bad.  We could have walked from the Doubletree to the port but chose not too as we were not sure of the distance but should have scoped it out before hand and may have been able to do it.

As for the hotel - I booked a bit early and then the price dropped twice before we left so cancelled and rebooked - only way to do it.  If you are not Hilton Honor members - join.  Get a break on prices and some other perks.

I am not surprised by your fall by the hot tub.   I have noticed most passengers do not use the shower before entering either the pool or hot tub.   All that sun screen and other body creams end up in and around the pool and hot tubs making the area very slippery.  Watch the next time you are in that area.  Always, always wear non slip water shoes.   If you don’t you will risk a fall.