Being Ghosted by NCL Customer Service

JDoyscher

On 8/21/2019 at 5:02 PM, JDoyscher said:

We booked on NCL Breakaway in January 2019 for a September 2019 Caribbean cruise. On May 22 there was a price drop of $460 per person. Final payment was not due until May 25th. I attempted to contact NCL and was on hold for nearly an hour. The recording stated there were longer than normal wait times. Had to hang up. Called back later and was on hold for 45 more minutes. I couldn't stay on hold so I found the price protection claim form on the NCL site and completed it. Got a confirmation email saying they'd be in touch and requests were handled in the order received. Tried calling a few times and had the same issue with being on hold for long periods of time. Finally got through on August 12. Was told that if I had spoken to someone prior to May 25 I would have gotten a full refund of the difference and that if it was worth it to me I would have stayed on hold for as long as was necessary. Was told the online form I filled out basically went nowhere and was the wrong thing to have done. Not sure how I would have known this! It was the "too bad so sad" routine. Since then I have emailed them through their online "pre cruise issue" customer service form twice. Have been assigned 2 case numbers. NO call back, no response whatsoever. This is crazy that I'm being denied any kind of help for missing out on a $920 refund because their hold times are really long. Any advice?

You filled out the form, they owe you the money. Do not let this go. Write a letter, not an email, and mail it certified. 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:38 PM, adam_s_allen said:
Norwegian's Best Price Guarantee

If you see a better price on the same ship, sail date, and stateroom within 48 hours of booking – either on our website, or in a communication from us – we want to know. ... Re-price your cruise at the lower price, or. Give you 110% of the difference in onboard credit.

The form OP filled out was not the correct way to go about getting a price reduction.

Not saying NCL couldn’t have handled this circumstance better.

This makes a difference. Sorry OP, you are out of luck. Stay on hold next time .... so sorry!! 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, cottagers2000 said:

I think I probably know the answer to this question, but would you have spent so much time on the telephone if you had discovered that the price had gone up by $460 per person? It always amazes and rather amuses me, that when you have booked a cruise and agreed a price, you must have been happy with the price so why keep looking to see if the price has been lowered.

When I have booked a cruise in the past, I have never wanted to know if the price has changed, as I would not have been able to do anything about it, except maybe cancel and lose my deposit

Good for you....most of us would rather save the $460 per person. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

Good for you....most of us would rather save the $460 per person. 

I am not referring to the NCL 48 hour ruling for re-pricing a cruise, | am talking about in general terms when it seems that loads of people are always looking to see if the price that they have booked has gone down (or up). Any price reduction (as happened after I had made a booking in May) is of no use to me as NCL, who I had booked through direct, simply advised that prices fluctuate based on supply and demand.

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

A good PCC is worth their weight in gold also. Never had an issue with ours and she gets back to us in a timely manner. She even checks her VM on days off and calls and let you know she will be back in office on xxx day.

Now,  dealing with the toll free number and getting a random person might be different.

The problem I have is PCCs come and go but a good travel agent is always there.

• Like 1

How do you get a PCC? I was not offered one. I booked on the phone with the number on the website. My cabin/price are fine, so no complaints, but I'd like to know for future bookings. This is my first trip with NCL.

Edited by 1bets1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

You filled out the form, they owe you the money. Do not let this go. Write a letter, not an email, and mail it certified. 

Hope they get the money or at least an OBC but I disagree with you on whether they do deserve the money. They choose to hang up without getting the problem solved. They are certainly partly to blame . for that much money I would not have taken a chance with so few days to go before the final payment date is up. 

On 8/21/2019 at 3:02 PM, JDoyscher said:

We booked on NCL Breakaway in January 2019 for a September 2019 Caribbean cruise. On May 22 there was a price drop of $460 per person. Final payment was not due until May 25th. I attempted to contact NCL and was on hold for nearly an hour. The recording stated there were longer than normal wait times. Had to hang up. Called back later and was on hold for 45 more minutes. I couldn't stay on hold so I found the price protection claim form on the NCL site and completed it. Got a confirmation email saying they'd be in touch and requests were handled in the order received. Tried calling a few times and had the same issue with being on hold for long periods of time. Finally got through on August 12. Was told that if I had spoken to someone prior to May 25 I would have gotten a full refund of the difference and that if it was worth it to me I would have stayed on hold for as long as was necessary. Was told the online form I filled out basically went nowhere and was the wrong thing to have done. Not sure how I would have known this! It was the "too bad so sad" routine. Since then I have emailed them through their online "pre cruise issue" customer service form twice. Have been assigned 2 case numbers. NO call back, no response whatsoever. This is crazy that I'm being denied any kind of help for missing out on a $920 refund because their hold times are really long. Any advice?

I have resolution!! I emailed Vivian Ewert as suggested by one of the kind posters in this thread. I also Fedexed a letter to her at the Florida office. I received a phone call today from one of Vivian's assistants. He was super helpful and very quickly offered me $720 in onboard credit and an upgrade from a balcony (BC) to a spa balcony (B9) at no cost. 🙂 I received a confirmation email showing the change to my cabin and confirmation that the onboard credit was applied to my account. I am very happy with this as a resolution. Moral of the story is DON'T GIVE UP if you think you're right... keep pushing. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 8:05 AM, JDoyscher said:

Thank you! I will try this email.

This worked! I got a call from one of Vivian's assistants and they gave me $720 in OBC and a complimentary upgrade from a balcony to spa balcony. Thank you SOOOO much.

• Like 1