Voom on four devices across two rooms

Hi

Travelling with a friend on independence out of Southampton this week. Next door rooms but separate booking references as two different rooms.

Question - we both want voom on two devices each ie four devices total. 

It it is cheaper for me to book voom for one adult four devices at 18.23 Gbp. But the royal Caribbean system when I’m trying to add that to cart is only showing an option for me and my child (sharing my room) to use that voom. 

Is is it a code they give out? If so will it only work if the device is in my room , does it somehow know my friend next door is using my code? Or doesn’t it matter?

thanks! 

They will give you a code. You can share that code with anyone you want. Any four devices can connect at any one time. Does each cabin need two devices connected at the same time? Can you get by with a two device package? You can have unlimited devices be able to connect but only two devices (or four, depending on the package) at the same time.

Thanks for your response.

I had simplified the question but actually thinking about it,  I’d like for my teens (one booked in each room) and the two adults (one booked in each room) to be able to keep in touch via what’sapp on Wi-fi when the teens are elsewhere on the ship. I won’t see them for hours but would like to drag them out to dinner occasionally !! 

I was thinking that voom with “one adult four devices” would be cheapest way to do this and allow me to be given a code that all four of us can share? In that case though I think we would all need simultaneous access???? Help!  

3 minutes ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Yes, one person, 4 devices is what you need. That's what we ended up using for our family spread over 3 cabins. 

When you purchased the one person-4 device package, were you given one sign-in code for the 4 people to share?  Or did you get a separate sign-in code for each?  

One code, and it worked on 4 devices. If you attempted to sign in a 5th device, you would get an error message. I have heard on some ships it will boot  one device off automatically but that was not the case for us. Which was good because my kids are internet hogs. 

This was on Ovation in April 2019.

6 minutes ago, 3monkeys4me said:

One code, and it worked on 4 devices. If you attempted to sign in a 5th device, you would get an error message. I have heard on some ships it will boot  one device off automatically but that was not the case for us. Which was good because my kids are internet hogs. 

Thank you.  That’s very helpful information.

6 minutes ago, 3monkeys4me said:

Thanks very much for your help on this 

And if you buy a 4-device package for two people in your room you will be getting two codes for 8 devices simultaneously.  Just buy ONE package, assigning it to whoever you want in your room.  The web system makes it easy to buy more than you need.  People have booked a cabana for 8 and when they go to check out they find the cost huge - they are actually trying to reserve 8 cabanas.

Doesn't matter how far apart the cabins.  I normally buy a two device package for me and my.  We did a cruise with some of my in-laws.  For the daughter of one of my wife's cousins to go on the cruise she would need to make a blog during the cruise (this was during the school year) to get the the teacher's permission.  This was a Med cruise

I bought a three device package.  Once onboard, I gave the code to the dad.  So all three of us  had one device logged at anyone time.  Didn't care where the cabins were in relation to each other.  The incremental cost between a  three device  package vs a two device package and one device package was cheaper ,overall.  The dad reimbursed me by buying a few glasses of wine.  Win/Win for everyone.