Dinner in the MDR on Formal Night 4 NT Cruise

RobinCruiser

Can anyone tell me typically what the MDR serves for formal night on a 4 NT cruise? I understand there is no lobster on anything less than a 7 Nt. Just wondering if it's worth packing dressy clothes or if we should plan to hit the Lido that night?

I'm on the Imagination if that makes a difference. 

TIA

Hi,

There is no need for extra "dressy " clothes on a Carnival elegant night unless you consider a man wearing slacks and a polo shirt with a collar to be "dressy".

For women nice slacks and a pretty top or a little dress(not a cocktail dress) is all that is necessary.

DH wore black jeans and black leather sneakers for years with a shirt with a collar to those evenings.

Only now we have decided that jeans are too heavy when we pack light so he has a pair of lighweight blue slacks.

No need to miss the meal because you don't want to take "dressy" clothing.

17 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

I understand there is no lobster on anything less than a 7 Nt.

On cruises 6 nights or longer, lobster is served on the first formal night.

Here is a menu from the Carnival Horizon 4 night cruise to Bermuda. This menu may not be entirely accurate as my sailing had complimentary lobster on formal night. 

IMG_7328 3.jpg

IMG_7332.JPG

6 hours ago, coevan said:

not on Elegant night, unless you are one of them

4 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

Thanks everyone. I'm getting a sense that elegant night on Carnival is not super formal. That works for me! This is my first Carnival cruise in 24 years... so I wasn't sure how dressy it is. 

You are right Robincruiser, not dressy at all!! Jeans, slacks, dress shorts are fine on elegant night!

One of those that do not follow the rules. We have seen people turned away from the hostess stand in shorts. I am not dressy at all either, pair of slacks and a golf or print type shirt. I wouldn't dare wear shorts. I have more respect for the rules.

Well, I may be one that is NOT in the majority for formal night, but that does not bother me a bit!  Do I wear jean, shorts, casual clothes, oh YES, but not on formal night.  It takes "work" to look good on formal night, and I get repaid in many ways because I DO dress up for that night.