MSC Preziosa

IrishComet

2 hours ago, IrishComet said:

Just off the Preziosa from Hamburg.

Any Question's, Just ask and I will try and answer.

I will do a review later.

We are on MSC Preziosa next month.  Would you by any change have a copy of the drinks menu.  We have the Premium Package and was wondering how restrictive it was.

4 hours ago, IrishComet said:

Just off the Preziosa from Hamburg.

Any Question's, Just ask and I will try and answer.

I will do a review later.

I'm on this ship next month for my first MSC cruise, very much looking forward to your review. 

Looking forward to reading your review as my wife and I are sailing on this itinerary early September.

Could you tell me which cruise terminal you docked in?

The reason I ask is because there are three terminals.  

Hafen City

Altona

Steinwarder

We have docked before in Altona and that was a nice stroll into Hamburg but when we went to Steinwerder

that was a long way out. Too far to walk (and industrialised)

Many thanks 

We're booked on the Preziosa for next May. We'd love to hear about your experience, especially the ports you visited and if there are some interesting spots worth highlighting. Also we'd love to know about any good staff we should meet. We'll be in the Yacht Club, if that makes a difference. The ship will be new to us, so we're excited to see it. 

8 hours ago, Até said:

I'd be interested how you arranged transportation to the Steinwerder port.  Did you arrive in Hamburg by air or train and did you use a MSC transfer to the port or arrange your own?

We flew in the day before and enjoyed the many attractions in Hamburg. We stayed in the Renaissance in the centre. Nice hotel.

We took a taxi to the port from the hotel and it cost €35 including a tip. (4 people)

I did read somewhere that MSC have a shuttle bus from the main train station for €5 per person.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JPR61 said:

We are on MSC Preziosa next month.  Would you by any change have a copy of the drinks menu.  We have the Premium Package and was wondering how restrictive it was.

Sorry, I don't have a copy of the drinks menu, But the premium package covers drinks up to €10 in value.

A draught beer cost's €5.50, Bottled beer costs from €6, House wine is €5 per glass. Most cocktails cost €8

There is an MSC shuttle from the main train station for 5 euros per person each way (charged to the cabin) to the Steinwerder terminal. Although we didn't want to take the shuttle that early, we saw them there from 10 am. It costs 3.30 euro per person for the S bahn from the airport to the train station (Hamburg Hauptbahnhof).

On 8/22/2019 at 9:32 AM, Até said:

I'd be interested how you arranged transportation to the Steinwerder port.  Did you arrive in Hamburg by air or train and did you use a MSC transfer to the port or arrange your own?

We took Preziosa in Fall 2017. We took the train to Veddel Station. Then took a shuttle bus (purchased tickets from www.hansetix.de/cruisegate). At the time we planned our trip, we didn't know that MSC has a bus transfer from Hamburg Central Station to the cruise terminal. I don't know how much it cost. I think this bus transfer is the best option to get to the cruise terminal.

After our cruise, we use this bus transfer from the cruise terminal to the train station. The line up was long but there are several buses. We were at the train station around 10am. I cannot remember if the shuttle was free. When we got to the train station, we stopped in front of the MSC 'booth' on the east side of Central Station.