Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sxphil

I feel short changed

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, rusty nut said:

Okay, perhaps I should have said "your question is irrelevant until your following cruise" My bad. Congrats on making diamond, by the way. 🙂

THANKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

 

 

That and I don’t even know where mine went too.🤦‍♂️

 

I can see part of yours.  Since the major website change over on CC...the signature area (even if not turned off) is quite limited now.  And always have the option to "expand signature" if you want to see more.  Really did streamline the posts.  Now the drag out is when someone quotes another, but leaves in the long repeat quote posts or huge pictures.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This works well in lieu of a pkg

20190822_213544.thumb.jpg.f9e7906476f95646fc5774e08e67cde4.jpg

John - Isn't that usually offered just the last 3 or 4 days  of a cruise?  I've never seen it offered early in a sailing and rarely if ever on a short cruise.   Depending on the price, it may not be a good choice for a beer drinker.   But, it can be shared. 

 

edit to add - I think  you said it was offered on day 5. 

 

M  

Edited by cruisegirl1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, island lady said:

 

I think that is an excellent idea.  If you look at the cost of the beverage package per person (and all in the cabin have to buy it if opted for)...you really need to be a heavy drinker to make it pay for itself....IMHO.    

 

 

No, sorry, l disagree. Take into account items like: fresh juices at breakfast; soft drinks; a couple of beers after lunch; a cocktail before dinner, wine with dinner, a cocktail at the theatre, and a nightcap, and you easily come out ahead cost-wise, without being "staggeringly drunk".

 

It's incorrect to claim that the package only pays for itself if you are a heavy drinker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

 

 

That and I don’t even know where mine went too.🤦‍♂️

 

I see yours turning my S9+ sideways.

 

First cruise was Dawn Princess in July 2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

 

 

No, sorry, l disagree. Take into account items like: fresh juices at breakfast; soft drinks; a couple of beers after lunch; a cocktail before dinner, wine with dinner, a cocktail at the theatre, and a nightcap, and you easily come out ahead cost-wise, without being "staggeringly drunk".

 

It's incorrect to claim that the package only pays for itself if you are a heavy drinker.

 

FWIW, if you are Pinnacle on an Oasis ship, almost all that ancillary stuff is free.

 

Juice in CK

Coffee all day in DL or SL

Water bottles all day in SL

Beer all day in SL

Wine with dinner in CK

Happy Hour cocktails in DL or SL

Cocktails or wine in MDR with vouchers

 

The drink card at $100 with tip is a great supplement 

 

Now, I do have 28 days on Jewel and Liberty with the $18 drink pkg next year, plus 1 STAR Class TA to try a drink pkg.

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, island lady said:

 

I think that is an excellent idea.  If you look at the cost of the beverage package per person (and all in the cabin have to buy it if opted for)...you really need to be a heavy drinker to make it pay for itself....IMHO.    

I don't find that to be the case as much now since it does include the items featured in the Refreshment package as well- the sodas, the juices, coffees and waters.   I guess it depends on what you call a "heavy drinker."  How much would one have to drink to be a "heavy drinker?"    Right now, our package is about $57 a day. To me, it would require some heavier drinking to "break even."  If it gets down into the low $50's or &40s,  I can justify it with bottled waters, a soda and a coffee along with a couple of drinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm diamond and also in a GS this November.   My cruise bud wants to be able to have a few drinks during the day.  So I had to buy the DP also.   I just see it as an opportunity to have a better quality champagne than what is offered in the lounge.  I usually get cosmos in there but prob will bring my better champagne into the lounge.

I approach it much the same way.  It allows me to "try" drinks I might otherwise leave alone because of the cost. Maybe I will like them and maybe I won't.  I don't feel so bad about setting it aside if I am not paying by the drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vacationlover_mn said:

On a related note... can one carry a wine out of the diamond lounge to dinner?  

Usually yes, though some DLs have signs up against such practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

 

 

No, sorry, l disagree. Take into account items like: fresh juices at breakfast; soft drinks; a couple of beers after lunch; a cocktail before dinner, wine with dinner, a cocktail at the theatre, and a nightcap, and you easily come out ahead cost-wise, without being "staggeringly drunk".

 

It's incorrect to claim that the package only pays for itself if you are a heavy drinker.

 

Thanks...this has already been discussed (a lot) in previous posts.  You may want to take a stroll through the entire thread before posting?  🤔  And no where did I mention being "staggeringly drunk".  🙄 

 

In your case...at my count of your post of a minimum of six alcoholic drinks...naturally the DP would work for you.  In cases of other pax (like me) it would not pay for itself, and would be better to just pay as they go...as the OP suggested they will do, having the perks of being a Diamond.   This thread was posted by the OP for help with that choice.  I believe that was made already.  

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

FWIW, if you are Pinnacle on an Oasis ship, almost all that ancillary stuff is free.

 

Juice in CK

Coffee all day in DL or SL

Water bottles all day in SL

Beer all day in SL

Wine with dinner in CK

Happy Hour cocktails in DL or SL

Cocktails or wine in MDR with vouchers

 

The drink card at $100 with tip is a great supplement 

 

Now, I do have 28 days on Jewel and Liberty with the $18 drink pkg next year, plus 1 STAR Class TA to try a drink pkg.

 

 And to add to that...complimentary wine and beer at lunch in CK as well.  Plus 3 complimentary wine bottles delivered to cabin for those "oh so wonderful glasses of wine on your balcony" on a sea day afternoon.  Still not enough?...able to bring on two bottles at embarkation.  😉 

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

On a related note... can one carry a wine out of the diamond lounge to dinner?  Hopefully we will be diamond soon 🙂

 

They used to be more strict with that, but now that you can use your vouchers at other bars and dining venues...I think they have lightened up a bit on that rule.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All of those Pinnacle benefits on sailing  an Oasis class ship are nice, but many who post to these boards, may not fit into other of those two  categories. 

 

So....

 

No juice in CK, in fact no access to CK

no bottled water all day

no wine or beer at lunch 

no wine with dinner unless you are  eligible and within  happy hours

the passenger  may not be eligible for 3 C&A gifts

 

etc. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

All of those Pinnacle benefits on an Oasis class ship are nice, but many who post to these boards, may not fit into other of those two  categories.

 

M

 

Thank you, was just going to post the same thing, especially when this thread started with a question about diamond benefits 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

All of those Pinnacle benefits on an Oasis class ship are nice, but many who post to these boards, may not fit into other of those two  categories.

 

M

 

I am not Pinnacle...but I get those perks ....as would any first time cruiser or non-C&A member... book full suites.  😉   You pay for it one way or another...nothing is free.  

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

I am not Pinnacle...but I get those perks...I book full suites.  😉   You pay for it one way or another...nothing is free.  

Yes, you will get very nice benefits in a full suite, and you should.  However your 3 C&A gifts are not standard for the casual cruiser (even if in a  suite) or even someone who  just became Diamond.

 

One has to remember that not everyone on these boards  has taken  hundreds of cruises or the ability to sail in a suite. 

 

enjoy

M

 

 

Edited by cruisegirl1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes, you will get very nice benefits in a full suite, and you should.  However your 3 C&A gifts are not standard for the casual cruiser or even someone who  just became Diamond.

 

One has to remember that not everyone has hundreds of cruises or the ability to sail in a suite. 

 

enjoy

M

 

 

 

And thanks...you just made my point.  The DP does not work for everyone...but in various cases..it would work for others.  No everyone's situation is the same.  As the OP was looking for the choice of "do or don't"...I think the OP discovered that in their situation as a Diamond...it wouldn't.  

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, eatandrunner said:

Island lady,

How do you get 3 comp bottles of wine?

 

340 points or more...oops..correction.  Two bottles at 340...three at 525.  My bad.  😞 

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, akcruz said:

 

Thank you, was just going to post the same thing, especially when this thread started with a question about diamond benefits 😉.

 

Almost Every Pinnacle was Diamond at one point. It's a journey, enjoy the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Almost Every Pinnacle was Diamond at one point. It's a journey, enjoy the ride.

 

Exactly ^....and we all started out as "Gold".  Has indeed been a good ride. 🙂  I don't see you regretting it one bit.  😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...