Credit Card Term and Coverage

AlanF65

Hi,

My My Costco Citi credit card as of 7-29-2019 has $3000 coverage for basic cancellation and trip interruption for a cruise.

My question is if those are the benefits when I make a charge for a future cruise and they change their terms, are the terms generally retroactive or for new charges.  Currently they cover from when I make the purchase.

I am willing to self insure a large portion of most the cruise and plan on getting an annual medical policy so this is just for the cancellation part relative to the CC.

Thanks

Alan

image.png.5fd39b6f6a884dbcad36e2e353b99fa6.png

I just read an article that said Citi Bank was doing away with many of the travel benefits effective September 22, 2019.  Coverage for trips purchased before then would remain in effect.

As a card holder, I would think that you had been notified of the changes by now.  Call for clarification if you are planning to book soon.

38 minutes ago, Babr said:

I just read an article that said Citi Bank was doing away with many of the travel benefits effective September 22, 2019.  Coverage for trips purchased before then would remain in effect.

As a card holder, I would think that you had been notified of the changes by now.  Call for clarification if you are planning to book soon.

There are no notices on the account, I will need to call, its a branded card but everything one reads seems to indicate its gone for all cards.