Quality of Laundry Service on MSC

Nashna

We are researching laundry options for our Divina sailing.  I have several "hand wash or delicate wash items ."  Can I expect those items to be returned in good condition?  Is it possible to indicate "delicate" wash on individual items?  Has anyone received clothing back that was not ironed or that was damaged?  I'm rather fussy with my clothing and would hate to have anything ruined.  

You are dreaming.  I've never had laundry done on MSC, but I know from other lines that all is washed en masse in hot water.  Some lines put each cabins laundry in a bag and wash it in the bag.  Others iron little tiny labels in the items so they can get back to the right cabin.  EM

4 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

You are dreaming.  I've never had laundry done on MSC, but I know from other lines that all is washed en masse in hot water.  Some lines put each cabins laundry in a bag and wash it in the bag.  Others iron little tiny labels in the items so they can get back to the right cabin.  EM

Thank you for your response.  I have experienced special laundry service on other cruise lines.  So, I am not "dreaming".  I hate to sound snippy...but, if you have never used the laundry service on MSC, why would you comment?

I've sent in many bags of laundry on MSC and they are washed all together in a fairly rough manner, some items come back visibly worn.  So I would not recommend sending anything labeled hand wash or delicate that route.  Perhaps if you sent it as a single item and did the dry cleaning only it would survive.

Just now, Até said:

I've sent in many bags of laundry on MSC and they are washed all together in a fairly rough manner, some items come back visibly worn.  So I would not recommend sending anything labeled hand wash or delicate that route.  Perhaps if you sent it as a single item and did the dry cleaning only it would survive.

Thank you.  That is exactly the kind of information that I needed to know.    

• Like 1

We've used the laundry service a number of times, mainly for husband's shirts and trousers,  the washing and ironing has always been excellent. I'd recommend asking for it to be returned on hangers, some of the folding isn't great, ours came back in a bag a little squashed.

Anything delicate of mine, dresses or tops, I've only ever sent for dry cleaning. Purely as i was as uncertain as you have mentioned and decided to be safe.

3 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We've used the laundry service a number of times, mainly for husband's shirts and trousers,  the washing and ironing has always been excellent. I'd recommend asking for it to be returned on hangers, some of the folding isn't great, ours came back in a bag a little squashed.

Anything delicate of mine, dresses or tops, I've only ever sent for dry cleaning. Purely as i was as uncertain as you have mentioned and decided to be safe.

Thank you for the advice.  I think that sounds like a plan.  I have enough stuff to wear for a few weeks so I should be ok on this sailing.  We have a longer cruise in 2021 where I would definitely want to have items of mine dry cleaned.  Do the men's long sleeved shirts come back ironed?  Do the pants have creases?

4 hours ago, Nashna said:

Thank you for the advice.  I think that sounds like a plan.  I have enough stuff to wear for a few weeks so I should be ok on this sailing.  We have a longer cruise in 2021 where I would definitely want to have items of mine dry cleaned.  Do the men's long sleeved shirts come back ironed?  Do the pants have creases?

Hi we have used the service on a 2 weeks and a 4 week cruise mainly for my husbands shirts and my blouses. We have both had trousers washed/pressed without a problem. We were in YC and wrote specific instruction for "cool wash" but don't know if they followed that. Things came back on hangers and small items like shorts socks etc came back in a bag. ( not underwear we did that in the sink ourselves) We pre booked the package again for our upcoming Meraviglia cruise in October with no worries. 

5 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:
CF, is dry cleaning available on MSC Divina?  It seems to be excluded from the laundry packages.  Would that be because it’s a separate service?

It's excluded for a reason, Z ... the dry cleaning service onboard is very expensive.  I can root out an old laundry price list and post a photo of it here (no problem) if you're interested.

Actually - here's one from our Jan (US) sailing:

a8a7075b451453c0fe69d1fb88d9e4e1.jpg

Edited by Beamafar

Thank you.  It is very helpful to see the pricing.  It is high, but doable if you really need it.  I'm fine with just the laundry package if my DH shirts come out looking neat and pressed. 

• Like 1

I used the prepaid 40-item package on the Lirica this past November and was very satisfied. Dress shirts and trousers came back ironed as though they had come from the dry cleaner. Everything was tagged, including underwear. Polo shirts were pressed. A pair of socks, as you might guess, is counted as one item.

In true MSC fashion, the form listing the items being sent out had no reference to any sort of package. It had individual prices. So I wrote down the quantities of each type of clothing, totalled everything, and noted that I had the package. The first time I sent 21 items and the second 19 items. I suspect that no one at MSC was counting as closely as I was.

LPD

I can see why 40 items would need to be sent separately.  I was checking out the packages for our sailing in January and it noted that the laundry needed to be sent in it's entirety.   I only plan to send those items that can go thru the dryer so am looking at the 20 item package.

11 hours ago, Nashna said:

I can see why 40 items would need to be sent separately.  I was checking out the packages for our sailing in January and it noted that the laundry needed to be sent in it's entirety.   I only plan to send those items that can go thru the dryer so am looking at the 20 item package.

We had both 20 and 40 items - sent 4/5/6 whatever at a time if Shirts needed laundry

3 hours ago, emmas gran said:

We had both 20 and 40 items - sent 4/5/6 whatever at a time if Shirts needed laundry

Was this on a recent sailing EG? The laundry packages now specify the items should all be sent together, rather than in batches as you could previously. I can't confirm if this is being enforced onboard. We only required the 10 item package on our last sailing and did send all together. Last December we were able to send in batches but our package then didn't include the specification to send in one batch.

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Was this on a recent sailing EG? The laundry packages now specify the items should all be sent together, rather than in batches as you could previously. I can't confirm if this is being enforced onboard. We only required the 10 item package on our last sailing and did send all together. Last December we were able to send in batches but our package then didn't include the specification to send in one batch.

Hi this was in Caribbean on Preziosa in Jan/Feb and again April/May Dubai to Tokyo. YC Butlers didn't query it so I don't know if being YC makes any difference. 

We have booked a package again for Meraviglia end of October 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi GSC,

There are laundry packages on MSC, that you can purchase ahead of time or on board.

The packages are based on number of items, and are offered as 10, 20 or 40 items of laundry.  There is no offer that resembles what you may have enjoyed on HAL.

3 minutes ago, Zephyr173 said:

Hi GSC,

There are laundry packages on MSC, that you can purchase ahead of time or on board.

The packages are based on number of items, and are offered as 10, 20 or 40 items of laundry.  There is no offer that resembles what you may have enjoyed on HAL.

Thank you! Can't say I'm not disappointed, but at least I won't be surprised....