Suite room service

slyster

I received a letter from our concierge about our upcoming cruise this weekend.  One of the perks mentioned is express room service.  There seems to be a dedicated extension number for this so I'm assuming service is faster?  

As a suite guest, I read that we can order from the dining room menu.  Does that include the breakfast/lunch menu or is it just the dinner menu?  Also, can you call and order the night before for a specific time or do you wait until you want to order and eat?   I would love breakfast room service on those early port days.  I can't remember if the room cards you place on your doors are for continental breakfast or a full room service breakfast too.

Thanks in advance.

Whenever we stay in a suite and order from the MDR it is usually 30-45 mins for delivery. We order breakfast, lunch, and dinner as we aren't big fans of the buffet. As far as ordering the night before we usually just order when we wake up but you can place an order the night before for a specified time. We do not use the cards you place on your door as we prefer to get eggs benedict, eggs over easy, and french toast.🙂

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions we can answer them as we only stay in suites. 

26 minutes ago, JessandLevi said:

Whenever we stay in a suite and order from the MDR it is usually 30-45 mins for delivery. We order breakfast, lunch, and dinner as we aren't big fans of the buffet. As far as ordering the night before we usually just order when we wake up but you can place an order the night before for a specified time. We do not use the cards you place on your door as we prefer to get eggs benedict, eggs over easy, and french toast.🙂

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions we can answer them as we only stay in suites. 

oh great!  Glad to know we can order from the MDR breakfast menu!  I would like to order for a specific time in the morning so I'm glad to know we can order the night before.  Thanks for explaining!  Oh and I LOVE eggs benedict!  

Is there a menu available in the stateroom for the MDR breakfast/lunch/dinner) or do we have to ask the room steward or concierge for it?  

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, slyster said:

oh great!  Glad to know we can order from the MDR breakfast menu!  I would like to order for a specific time in the morning so I'm glad to know we can order the night before.  Thanks for explaining!  Oh and I LOVE eggs benedict!  

Is there a menu available in the stateroom for the MDR breakfast/lunch/dinner) or do we have to ask the room steward or concierge for it?  

Thanks again!

Breakfast and Lunch were in the folder that is in the room prior to embarkation and dinner menu is usually on the bed the night before when they leave the cruise compass. I believe the dinner menus can also be found in the concierge lounge.

• Like 2

Just now, CruiseMomTX said:

Were in a GS on Allure #9244 will we also be able to do this?  Thanks this will be our first time in a suite.

I haven't been on the Allure so I can't answer this question 100% but I would think you could. 

28 minutes ago, JessandLevi said:

Breakfast and Lunch were in the folder that is in the room prior to embarkation and dinner menu is usually on the bed the night before when they leave the cruise compass. I believe the dinner menus can also be found in the concierge lounge.

Awesome!  Thanks for your help!  I love this as an option.  We have 3 straight port days with early starts.  Room service breakfast will be welcomed for sure!  

1 hour ago, slyster said:

Thanks again!

It is not the MDR menu for breakfast, but a suite menu.

It is in folder in your cabin when you get in.

Every night, we would get the MDR dinner menu for the next day.  Also helps to device whether you want to do WJ, specialty or MDR.

1 hour ago, slyster said:

Awesome!  Thanks for your help!  I love this as an option.  We have 3 straight port days with early starts.  Room service breakfast will be welcomed for sure!  

No problem! Glad I could help. Early port days are the best days to sit on the balcony and enjoy a nice plate of eggs benedict.

7 hours ago, slyster said:

I don't know how early your early start will be but I'm pretty sure you can only order during MDR opening hours, otherwise it's just the usual room service menu.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

I don't know how early your early start will be but I'm pretty sure you can only order during MDR opening hours, otherwise it's just the usual room service menu.

Ok good to know.  I’m also thinking is the MDR even open on port days for breakfast and lunch?

On 8/22/2019 at 8:48 PM, JessandLevi said:

You can order Eggs Benedict, eggs over easy and French toast on the room service card menu that goes out the night before on the door knob.  Whatever is not listed on the card you can write in.  We have always done that (DW likes Eggs Benedict, but it's never on the card menu).  As for delivery time and depending on the dishes ordered, you may have to wait until the dining room opens.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

You "have" to wait for delivery until the MDR opens ??

That could usually be 8:00am...Not so great if you have an early excursion booked...Then what's the point !?

If you want to eat from the MDR. Menu then yes.  The MDR. Will be open to accommodate early port arrivals.  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Just off the Harmony in a Grand suite and there were no menus in the folder in our room.  On the Allure last year in a GS we never got menus either

Never been on Harmony or Allure, but we've booked Grand Suites on at least 7 Royal ships and there were always menus.  Did you ask the butler or room steward?

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

You "have" to wait for delivery until the MDR opens ??

That could usually be 8:00am...Not so great if you have an early excursion booked...Then what's the point !?

Well, I actually said you MAY have to wait until the dining room opens.  Again, depends on what you order.