Oceanview Cabins Deck 1 or others Queen Victoria

Melnote

1 hour ago, Melnote said:

Hi I wondered how noisy Cabin 1091 is being next to the Atrium? Does anyone have any experience of cabins in this section of the ship? Also advice on best EB or EC grade oceanview cabin welcome.

hi., i've found a review of 1091 here on CC if you want to look it up - it rated it as excellent. I have stayed on deck one ocean views a number of times and love the position and the closeness to the water. if the forward facing ocean views on deck 6 are not available deck one is my next choice for an oceanview.

I don't think you will find the position noisy, in fact it should be a bit quieter in this position rather than further forward closer to the theatre where you can sometimes hear people as they leave the shows.

Frankly as long as Im onboard the QV, I could be anywhere.....

• Like 1

I agree, the oceanviews on deck one are great. They seem to be convenient for everything and I love to sit on the window sill and watch the waves. We had the cabin at the end, right next to the theatre and had some very brief noise as the theatre emptied but otherwise the only noise we had was a hum from machinery next door. All of the other deck one cabins we have had have been very quiet. Not been next to the atrium but have been pretty close. We are about to try one of the two forwards facing oceanviews that Roscoe mentioned, in 2 weeks time. Looking forwards to a different view!! I would definately be happy to book any deck one oceanview.

6004...yes, they are the largest in their class, but please don't tell anyone otherwise the next time I want one they will be gone....

and can I just add, putting pictures on your posts now is a breeze now thankyou Cruise Critic...

cyclone winston6004.jpg

BRITTANIA6004.jpg

Edited by roscoe39

Hi - We have had great cruises on the QM & the QV and always had a balcony cabin. However, this first time on the QV we have an Oceanview on Deck 1: Cabin 1101. Looking at the layout of the deck, I am wondering if this is one of the new cabins added during the refit in 2017...... & what is opposite those cabins?  I’m feeling a bit apprehensive about what to expect.......  Can anyone enlighten me? 

Thanks in advance.

Eileen 

38 minutes ago, E.A. Surrey said:

... on the QV we have an Oceanview on Deck 1: Cabin 1101. Looking at the layout of the deck, I am wondering if this is one of the new cabins added during the refit in 2017......

I can answer this first part of your question. There were no cabins added on deck 1 during QV's 2017 refit. The cabins added during that 2017 refit are aft on decks 5 through 8.

Hopefully someone else can help with the other part of your question concerning what is across from cabin 1101 on QV.

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I can answer this first part of your question. There were no cabins added on deck 1 during QV's 2017 refit. The cabins added during that 2017 refit are aft on decks 5 through 8.

Hopefully someone else can help with the other part of your question concerning what is across from cabin 1101 on QV.

I can answer the second part - as of course Bluemarble as already spoken to the first, enclosed is from the hull plans.

Ive marked 1011, opposite is the air-conditioning machinery, I thought initially it was for the exhaust but that is slightly further forward. This is a really quiet  part of the ship, the noisiest thing you will hear is the sound of the waves passing by the window. Have a great trip.

IMG-0233.JPG

Hi Melnote - the cabin you mention is just 4 away from the one we have. These seem to be under the Britannia Club Restaurant. Are you cruising soon? If you’re going before me (September 20th),  I’d love to hear your opinion of the cabins. 

Roscoe - how do I find that review of 1091, that you mentioned? 

1 hour ago, E.A. Surrey said:

Thanks to you both for your prompt replies to my queries. 

Roscoe39 - thanks also for the hull plans, but our cabin number is 1101, not 1011. 

Any thoughts on that?

1011 is an inside so the portion of the hull plans that Roscoe posted is correct. 

11 hours ago, E.A. Surrey said:

Thanks Host Hattie - using my mobile and think i may have read the number upside down! Though, to be fair, Roscoe mentions 1011! 

my mistake, i got it right on the hull plan but my dyslexic mind threw  the numbers in the post...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, E.A. Surrey said:

Thanks, Roscoe! 

Have you read any reviews of cabin 1101? You don’t think the a.c. machinery will be noisy? 

E. 

Hi Surrey both reviews were here on CC, although all "disillusioned" mentioned on their review of 1101 was that it was "spacious and with a seating area". You can find the reviews under the tab "Research" at the top of the page.

With the standard OV's on deck one, they are the same size of the balcony staterooms including the balcony so you have an extra few meters of space inside, so they are the best OV ones to get. The AC station will not be any burden, it's well insulated and you would not even know it was there unless you knew the ship intimately. 

I find deck one a good area to get around the ship fast and its much quieter in my opinion than the other decks, the only disadvantage is that there is no laundry on this deck. (so less gossip flying around the companionway)

Edited by roscoe39

Thanks again, Roscoe39 - you certainly seem to know your way around the QV! 

I think I’m concerned about being on Deck 1 and so near the sea!  - as I said we are more used to higher decks, and I have been thinking of trying to get a balcony cabin higher up, though the ship seems pretty full. 

Our children booked this cruise as a gift for our Golden Wedding Anniversary, so it has been a lovely surprise. My Husband is perfectly happy with the cabin and the deck, so I think I should put my concerns aside and start planning my wardrobe! 

Eileen 

8 hours ago, E.A. Surrey said:

Thanks again, Roscoe39 - you certainly seem to know your way around the QV! 

I think I’m concerned about being on Deck 1 and so near the sea!  - as I said we are more used to higher decks, and I have been thinking of trying to get a balcony cabin higher up, though the ship seems pretty full. 

Our children booked this cruise as a gift for our Golden Wedding Anniversary, so it has been a lovely surprise. My Husband is perfectly happy with the cabin and the deck, so I think I should put my concerns aside and start planning my wardrobe! 

Eileen 

you will have less movement downstairs - and yes start planning the wardrobe. My advice is sparkles and more sparkles...its the only time more is less.

have a great trip - she's the best ship in the fleet,  happy Anniversary.

Edited by roscoe39
grammar
  • Like 1