Looking to do a Southern Caribbean from Florida in 2020?

A few years ago either a Freedom or Voyager class ship sailed from Florida on a nine night or more cruise to either a Southern or Deep Southern itinerary a couple of times during the year. We're not interested in leaving out of San Juan due to the high costs of flying from the northeast.

A preliminary check for either of those two classes of ships has come up with NOTHING that I'm specifically looking for in 2020 and probably 2021 now. Anyone know more please let us all know. 

I realize that RCI has their focus on keeping their Oasis Class ships in position to stop at CocoCay and or doing Eastern and Western itineraries on short trips so that's not an option. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Edited by DJLDRUMS

If you are not solely devoted to RC, check out the Celebrity Constellation sailings from Tampa. The winter 20/21 11 day southern itinerary includes all 3 ABCs.  Tampa is a great port to sail from, and the Constellation will be newly refurbed. 

There is also a longer Canal itinerary, and an Eastern itinerary.

14 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

A few years ago either a Freedom or Voyager class ship sailed from Florida on a nine night or more cruise to either a Southern or Deep Southern itinerary a couple of times during the year. We're not interested in leaving out of San Juan due to the high costs of flying from the northeast. ...

My recollection was that it was mostly Serenade from Ft. Lauderdale, though Explorer did do that route a very few times from Port Canaveral.  I'd also love to see those choices again.

• Like 2

Explorer did a one season nine night southern Carib out of Port Canaveral some years ago.  It was great!  Indeed no flying to PR was involved.  The ship sailed full (as third based ship out of PC) each time.  We were all hoping that RCI realized the market was there and would maintain the nine night choice as a third ship...but then they didn't do it.  😞  Shame.  

Edited by island lady

Explorer does a 9-night itinerary to the ABCs from Miami in the first few months of 2020 and then again in the last few months after she returns from Europe.

Serenade is doing 10 and 11 night itineraries to the Southern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale in the early part of 2020 and those itineraries are being taken over by Vision in the latter part of the year.

We have done both the 9-night and one of the 11-night routes and thoroughly enjoyed both.

This got me interested as well since my wife and I are looking for a cruise for our 10th anniversary. I did a quick look and here's the Southern Caribbean itineraries currently on the schedule leaving out of Florida:

1/4/20, 2/1/20, 2/29/20, 3/28/20, and 4/25/20 - 8-Night on Adventure of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale going to Willemstad, Kralendijk, and Oranjestad

1/10/20, 1/24/20, 2/7/20, 2/21/20, 11/20/20, 12/4/20, and 12/18/20 - 9-Night on Explorer of the Seas departing from Miami going to Labadee, Oranjestad, Willemstad, and Kralendijk.

1/10/20, 2/21/20, and 4/3/20 - 10-Night on Serenade of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale going to Labadee, San Juan, Charlotte Amalie, St. Johns, Basseterre, and Philipsburg

1/20/20, 3/2/20, and 4/13/20 - 11-Night on Serenade of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale going to Puerto Limon, Colon, Cartagena, Oranjestad, and Willemstad

1/31/20, 3/13/20, and 4/24/20 - 10-Night on Serenade of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale and going to Charlotte Amalie, St. Johns, Roseau, Basseterre, and Philipsburg

2/10/20 and 5/23/20 - 11-Night on Serenade of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale and going to Ponce, Basseterre, Castries, St. George's, Bridgetown, and St. Johns

5/3/20 - 12-Night on Adventure of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale and going to Oranjestad, Willemstad, Kralendijk, St. Johns, and Charlotte Amalie, arriving in Cape Liberty

11/2/20 and 11/23/20 - 11-Night on Vision of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale and going to Puerto Limon, Colon, Cartagena, Oranjestad, and Willemstad

11/13/20 and 12/14/20 - 10-Night on Vision of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale and going to Charlotte Amalie, St. Johns, Roseau, Basseterre, and Philipsburg

12/4/20 - 10-Night on Vision of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale going to Labadee, San Juan, Charlotte Amalie, Basseterre, St. Johns, and Philipsburg

12/24/20 - 11-Night on Vision of the Seas departing from Fort Lauderdale going to Puerto Limon, Colon, Cartagena, Oranjestad, and Labadee

• Like 1

Notice with all the Southern Caribbean dates that were VERY appreciatively provided that Barbados isn't included utilizing a Freedom or Voyager class ship. I wonder if size matters or what other reason? Could it be..a larger class ship burns more fuel ?  

I noticed that the January 2020 out of Miami has already sold out of mid-ship balconies. So, "Havin'fun" I hope you'll be having fun ....

6 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Following this with interest.

Our vacation schedules dictate that we only do carribean cruises (i.e. 7 night) - our budget dictates that we don't fly out of PR.

I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but I'm tired of eastern and western routes.

And so aren't we, it's so repetitive...and now all those 3 and 4 nighters designed with CocoCay in mind...ugh... I'm sure its a good stop but when they positioned "Indy" there as well doing the same when they could have put it to better use with all the attractions that are now standard on the 'bigger ships"...