Johnnie Walker Blue / Platinum Upcharge Cost?

RHilla619

Hi all, on my upcoming cruise on the Escape I am thinking about treating myself to a nice glass of scotch during dinner at Bayamo & Cagney's. I have the "Premium Beverage Package" (the one that comes as a free at sea perk) so I know it covers any drink up to $15, if over you pay the difference plus 20% gratuity.

I am wondering for those who ordered a pour of Blue or Platinum in the past, how much was the upcharge? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, RHilla619 said:

Hi all, on my upcoming cruise on the Escape I am thinking about treating myself to a nice glass of scotch during dinner at Bayamo & Cagney's. I have the "Premium Beverage Package" (the one that comes as a free at sea perk) so I know it covers any drink up to $15, if over you pay the difference plus 20% gratuity.

I am wondering for those who ordered a pour of Blue or Platinum in the past, how much was the upcharge? Thanks in advance!

PBP pays the first $15

9628CCCF-925F-4CF4-B671-FDB5B8D8AA27.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

Our experience with JW Blue is consistent with others on here.  In 2016, both cruises we took the "upcharge" was $4.95, which we felt was totally worth it. Then the 2 we took in 2017 the upcharge bumped up to $24.95 and we thought that was way too much.  Finally, the 2 we took last year it was $34.95, we laughed and walked away.  We were close with the Haven bartender for the 2016 and 2017 cruises and he told us the $4.95 was a mistake (and might have just been limited to the Breakaway out of NYC) and that the $24.95 was the "corporate standard."

To us, I think anything under $10 would have been worth it, anything higher seems like gouging to me.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the quick replies! Somewhere in the $35-45 range for Blue sounds a little steep, so I guess I'll enjoy the Platinum at $10ish. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle or two in the duty free shops as well. 

5 hours ago, tomservo said:

That seems nuts to me. A bottle costs as much as 4 orders of it.

In the cheap bar across the street from me, a $7 martini comes from a $23 bottle of Gilbys Gin.