AARP Carnival Cards? will they still have them after 8/31/19

ChosenOne

I can't seem to find the answer to whether AARP will still be offering Carnival Gift cards when they switch from Rewards for good to AARP Rewards.  I got an email saying I can use my current points until Sept 23rd but on the AARP page it says "stock up on Carnival gift cards"   offer ends in 7 days.  I already maxed out buying cards with my available points and entered the sweepstakes for a Carnival gift card but I'd like to know if they will still be offering them in the future.  Anybody know?

None of us know for sure, but I've always suspected that they'll continue to sell the gift cards. Only because the same third-party company operates both the AARP and Allstate rewards websites. They're still available on Allstate, so I'm assuming the company will keep them on AARP, too. I'm not sure how AARP benefits from the rewards program since another company operates the sites. Whether they get a cut of the sales or if it's just meant to drive traffic to the AARP site. Whatever it is, those Carnival cards have done them a lot of good. It'd be a bad move to get rid of them. I guess we'll find out.

The Carnival gift card Sweepstakes does end in a week (8/31), but then there's also the image I posted below as well. Not sure what to think about that. It wouldn't make sense to end the current rewards program in a month, but only have Carnival gift cards for just one more week. I'll hope for the best, but if they get rid of them, I've been hoarding my Allstate points.

uc?export=download&id=1FJmsb2QHg6uODSRmG

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

After logging in to Rewards for Good, click on Redeem My Points. Then it's right below the big Carnival Sweepstakes banner. Clicking on the image takes you straight to the $100 & $500 cards.

I found it thanks! Contradicts their Sept 23rd. Good to have Allstate as a back up!

Edited by n6uqqq

6 minutes ago, markrph said:

BTW-- now Princess gift cards available also

Yes, I noticed that today as well, something new.

We got an email from AARP today that stated we had until 9/23 to use our points so my assumption is that, if CCL gift cards continue to be available until that date, you can purchase them up until that date.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Technically it's a 2-pack of $500 cards, but it is a new option.

I did not notice that.  Thanks for the correction. I would rather have two $500 than 1 $1000 anyway.  Easier for deposits

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 7:05 PM, markrph said:

BTW-- now Princess gift cards available also

Thanks so much for the heads up, we normally sail Carnival, however decided to go with Princess for an Alaskan cruise next year.  So glad to be able to purchase these for this upcoming cruise next year.  Love to get all the savings on cruises!  You made my night!

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Does Target sell NCL or Royal gift cards?

Technically, RCI has gift certificates rather than gift cards. IIRC, the RCI gift certificates have restrictions that other cruise line gift cards do not.

23 hours ago, bluesman0711 said:

What is the average delivery time for those that have purchased the Carnival gift cards?

I'd say the average is a week. According to their disclaimer, they say 10 days.

We ordered one $500 card last month and it took 7 days (Mon-Mon.). Then we ordered two $500 cards a couple weeks ago and it only took 3 days (Mon.-Wed.). Both orders came from the same facility, so I don't know why there was such a big difference.

1 hour ago, Nevada Jen said:

FYI, the last batch I ordered came UPS and required a signature.  Have them sent to your office if you are not typically around when the UPS driver comes.

Orders under $500 come via USPS and don't require a signature. Orders $500 & up come UPS and need a signature.