Chicken tenders

markrph

Just off the Liberty and my granddaughter was disappointed to find no chicken tenders or nuggets on the buffet at all.. Is this a common Carnival occurance?? On the Breeze in October and hoping that it will be different..   BTW, you could order tenders on the room service menu for $5 , so I know they're around..

47 minutes ago, markrph said:

Just off the Liberty and my granddaughter was disappointed to find no chicken tenders or nuggets on the buffet at all.. Is this a common Carnival occurance?? On the Breeze in October and hoping that it will be different..   BTW, you could order tenders on the room service menu for $5 , so I know they're around..

They have chicken tenders/chicken nuggets on the kids menu in the MDR.

I thought they're called "chicken water shuttles" now? 😄  

I vaguely remember seeing them on my previous cruises, but those were non-2.0 ships.  It could be different on the Breeze, since it was built as 2.0 ship from the get-go.  Your options are the MDR kids' menu or paying for room service.  Since chicken nuggets are cheap and many kids like them, I smell a money grab.

Would your granddaughter be OK with eating something similar?  I'm sure there are chicken nugget-like dishes in the buffet.  Like the Italian chicken masala, without the sauce.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

2 hours ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Believe they are only available on non Guy burgers ships

Which ones?  I thought it's on most ships now.  Except, maybe, Splendor and one or two Fantasy class ships.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, it doesn't bother me. I have a Chick-Fil-A near me. It's my go-to place for chicken tenders. (Or is it "water shuttles"? 😄)  I'll make do with something else.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

1 minute ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Somewhat, but not intentionally.  I was trying to think of a buffet food item that's vaguely similar to chicken strips, and Italian chicken marsala one popped into my mind first.  (I just realized it's "marsala", not "masala".)

We could also characterize chicken tenders as sauceless and cheeseless Chicken Parmesan.

Do all the ships have Guy’s Burgers now? Ships with the old grill still have chicken tenders. While I enjoy Guy’s Burgers, I’d give it back to have the variety of the old grill, especially back when they had the steak sandwiches too. These days they sometimes have chicken tenders in the Comfort Kitchen section of the buffet on ships that do have Guy’s Burgers. I didn’t like the room service ones at all. While they had a nice crunch, they were also tasteless.

I personally am hoping Shaq’s Big Chicken will be rolled out to more ships. They’ll have good chicken tenders amongst other things. Looking forward to trying it on Mardi Gras.

3 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Somewhat, but not intentionally.  I was trying to think of a buffet food item that's vaguely similar to chicken strips, and Italian chicken marsala one popped into my mind first.  (I just realized it's "marsala", not "masala".)

Marsala is not breaded and fried, it's sauteed

We were on the Conquest in July and noticed that the entire lunch buffet menu had been changed. Before, you’d have the Comfort foods section (chicken tenders, potato wedges, etc.) as well as the theme section (Italian, Caribbean, French). Now it’s just the same foods at all buffet stations and it’s completely different food. No chicken tenders on the Lido deck all week.

Stories about kid's food always reminds me of the first cruise we took with our niece.  She wouldn't eat the mac and cheese because it wasn't bright orange 🙂  I think she was the only one to lose weight on our cruise as she was in a mac and cheese"phase and pretty much wouldn't eat anything else unless she was starving.  I think they got some French fries down her, but that was about all.  She's 19 now and we tease her about it every vacation.

56 minutes ago, krismas_tina said:

as well as the theme section (Italian, Caribbean, French).

They never had them on the same day, each day is themed. So you will have Caribbean, French and italian on different days.

They don’t have them on any buffets that I am aware. They do have them on ships that have not gotten the 2.0 upgrades on the “grill”.  The grill was replaced with guys/iguana. It is available in the MDR on the kids menu and for pay on room service.  

3 minutes ago, krismas_tina said:

1 hour ago, coevan said:

They never had them on the same day, each day is themed. So you will have Caribbean, French and italian on different days.

I know that, I was talking about having “comfort food” and Italian food, for example, on the same day. I know they didn’t have all those cuisines on the same day.

5 hours ago, krismas_tina said:

We were on the Conquest in July and noticed that the entire lunch buffet menu had been changed. Before, you’d have the Comfort foods section (chicken tenders, potato wedges, etc.) as well as the theme section (Italian, Caribbean, French). Now it’s just the same foods at all buffet stations and it’s completely different food. No chicken tenders on the Lido deck all week.

I noticed it too on the Magic in June. Why 4 buffet lines with the same food? It’s silly.

I LOVE Guy's Burgers, but have to admit, sometimes I miss the old grill.  Loved those burgers and fries and chicken fingers and about 4:00 I'd grab a drink, then load a plate with those awesome chips they had, top with some chili and the cheese sauce, then put a big pile of sour cream on the plate and have my own happy hour with my drink and "nachos." 😎  OP, I'm sure they have chicken nuggets on the children's menu if your DGD is willing to wait until dinner.  Maybe it's a blessing in disguise and will force her to sample some other types of food.  Good experience for her!  I'm sure you had a wonderful cruise despite....

They have chicken nuggets on the MDR menu for kids. The breading is like fried fish (it's a batter not a crumb coating) and they are made fresh.

When there's no appetizer my dad likes, he gets them instead. They are really good - all white meat pieces and really crispy.