Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

17 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Lucy is a popular name for cats.  Our Lucy is 19 and even though she has a lot of medical problems, still acts like a kitten.  She makes us pay when we get back from a cruise by yelling at us for a few days.  What a blabbermouth!    We’re on Harmony in 3 weeks so she’s getting her lungs and voice box charged up for our return.

Here is Lucy when she was little after we first got her back in 2013 and a later picture with her sister.

Cat Pics 8-28-13 012.JPG

Kittens 013.JPG

• Like 5

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not happy for those who don’t get their cruise today, but happy I am in the best spot possible. 

I do feel badly for the people who will be affected but I do believe RCI has been very generous in taking care of those folks. The fact that they are taking care of you as well speaks volume to me as I will be forever loyal to RCI.

• Like 1

I some how missed mentioning it earlier. There is one elevator in the aft bank starboard side that stopped working on Monday. It’s “parked” on deck 17 and tomorrow it will at least have the right day again. 

52EB06C1-8758-49FA-9F93-F0AE2D65EC8F.thumb.jpeg.9c7de91a775c254015b4e4bb2f3c296c.jpeg

I always enjoy your reviews and was especially happy to find this one because we are on

Harmony in Dec.  First time for us on her and (probably) last time in Aqua Theater Suite. We love the suite and watching Aqua shows from our balcony, but the walk to and from gets long! We have CLS booked for Allure & Oasis. 

How does Owen feel about missing the first few days of school ? My granddaughter was unhappy that her school let out early Fri and is closed Mon for Labor Day! She loves school! However she might have a different attitude if she was on a cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kidless said:

I don’t know when port closes however the bridges become unsafe with wind speeds of 45 mph. Bridges will be closed after storm passes so they can inspect them this can take 24-48 hours and would present a problem getting to and from port. Tuesday 0200 to Wednesday evening will be when Dorian is off our coast. Doubt you’ll be back in port Wednesday! 

When the sustained wind gusts reach 39 mph the Port is closed.

Edited by MaryEBS
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

How does Owen feel about missing the first few days of school ? My granddaughter was unhappy that her school let out early Fri and is closed Mon for Labor Day! She loves school! However she might have a different attitude if she was on a cruise!

He says he “feels pretty damn good about it”. 

His first “Woman to Blame”. He’ll probably have more in his future. 😉

46799157-EAB1-45CE-87E9-1C33DD18B2B2.thumb.jpeg.57cc192e65fa5f07e55d6dbf5cca6155.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I guess we shall see.  

If my memory serves me correct yo were to be on board today. If so what was your final decision?  If my memory is correct, be safe if you are headed down. 

We will spend a couple days around San Destin or Rosemary Beach as weather looks good there. 30th anniversary is Tuesday so figured we would at least make a “land cruise” out of it for a few days. Then if Harmony actually boards our cruise Wednesday (doubtful) or Thursday, we can have a shorter drive to pick that up. 

May also depend on what they offer if cruise is postponed another day. I think at this point we would prefer they just cancel it so we can look at using the refund and FCC to find a replacement anniversary cruise. But we have to wait until they offer a full cancellation / FCC option. Tough to find as good of a deal in a shorter time frame obviously so we will need the FCC to help offset that.

While many are are upset about how this played out, I fully understand why they made the decisions and when. First priority was to all of you onboard Harmony now and not have you disembark into unsafe conditions. Could it have worked out better looking back to do it differently... maybe. But you can’t look back and make those comments as conditions continually change. Especially with Dorian. This storm has changed day by day more than any I recall. 

Enjoy your extended cruise and safe travels home. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

We will spend a couple days around San Destin or Rosemary Beach as weather looks good there. 30th anniversary is Tuesday so figured we would at least make a “land cruise” out of it for a few days. Then if Harmony actually boards our cruise Wednesday (doubtful) or Thursday, we can have a shorter drive to pick that up. 

May also depend on what they offer if cruise is postponed another day. I think at this point we would prefer they just cancel it so we can look at using the refund and FCC to find a replacement anniversary cruise. But we have to wait until they offer a full cancellation / FCC option. Tough to find as good of a deal in a shorter time frame obviously so we will need the FCC to help offset that.

While many are are upset about how this played out, I fully understand why they made the decisions and when. First priority was to all of you onboard Harmony now and not have you disembark into unsafe conditions. Could it have worked out better looking back to do it differently... maybe. But you can’t look back and make those comments as conditions continually change. Especially with Dorian. This storm has changed day by day more than any I recall. 

Enjoy your extended cruise and safe travels home. 

From there what were you plans to get to the port? Seems you will be traveling right into alot of rain by car? if that was the plan. Might make for  a very  long ride with possible road closures.

23 hours ago, Miami Vice said:

Hi Andrew, I'm a little late to the party but all caught up now, as always great review and excellent pictures but your slipping no pic's of a Miami Vice yet Lol! 

BTW I noticed you were in my home town earlier this summer (Fort Wayne, IN) hope you had a good visit.

Enjoy your extended cruise vacation and safe travels back north!

We were in Fort Wayne in mid June. It was a rainy miserable but that was the worst weather day of the tour. It was the same night the Raptors the NBA Championship.  Our stop for the day was at the Allan County War Memorial Colosseum.

I used my navigation to get to to hotel, and you could only imagine my surprise when it said “make a u-turn on North Harry Baals Dr”.  And for those of you who have never been to Fort Wayne, the navigation said it just how it sounded. You could only imagine the laughter we had at dinner over dinner.

We ate at Koto Japanese Steakhouse that night and stayed in the retro😉 Ramada Plaza right beside it. I think we were in Indy the night before, if it remember correctly.

I also stopped at the Deusenberg Museum in Auburn the next day on the way to Norwalk Ohio. Beautiful country side in your area. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

From there what were you plans to get to the port? Seems you will be traveling right into alot of rain by car? if that was the plan. Might make for  a very  long ride with possible road closures.

Depends on the final route the storm takes. With it being more off the coast the rain total projections have not been too crazy inland. 

If rains are heavy and lots of road closures then RC should be canceling the cruise anyway. 

The key key words all week have been... “wait and see”. 

I do hope RC doesn’t drag out a cancellation decision longer than they should. In my opinion, if they can’t make it back to port Wednesday then just cancel our cruise. Where would they really go on a Thursday to Sunday cruise with Harmony?  Let Andrew and his family enjoy a few extra days on their already extended sailing. 

• Like 4

Way too much food was ordered. Calamari.

4D010E35-810D-4504-8648-26937C27744F.thumb.jpeg.f2eabca51b5dd756ddcef9993fadc595.jpeg

Sliders.

811DEC8E-02B7-4A4C-9F3F-443262028A1B.thumb.jpeg.93a5723e56208e2841beaf81a0352edb.jpeg

Chicken fajitas.

B37CF0C4-B998-470E-AF03-41C375F21091.thumb.jpeg.0845fb63db07a388a8b605c0c6010fa2.jpeg

A poor knock off of poutine. Owen still enjoyed it.

ADA1A25A-AD70-47BD-AC09-56CB479F33A6.thumb.jpeg.2aff29e884e6927503109b3eff5d7212.jpeg

Lisa is double fisting. Not sure if that is a only Canadian term but it means two drinks at once. The smaller drink was on the house from our waitress, who has helped us many times over the years.

8215E72E-D2A6-4659-9DFF-27BD3F4E4706.thumb.jpeg.af86c24e18a081e636f6604d5ee1a9e8.jpeg

Owen is practising for when he gets a little bit older.

98B2961D-01B2-4856-A07F-9922CF95547E.thumb.jpeg.c52e342aa49161d10b1b8a4650f38a71.jpeg

• Like 3

Our waitress,  Zadie. 

ABCBE211-E011-488A-98D8-46D88CED9634.thumb.jpeg.4f081eb1a30bc45fcb172143e85eae7b.jpeg

We also saw some supply trucks taking food to Harmony. 

13B07C69-F8F3-4060-B022-D9C8764BD2A0.thumb.jpeg.97bc6814af5b213e1f32e501074c75b3.jpeg

You’ve never seen me run so hard to get a glimpse of juicy melons. 

0AD232A0-115F-4950-A7D7-F7FAEDCB1F1F.thumb.jpeg.51b479cd03697dbbc5e9ebb189986d98.jpeg

And if you need tequila when you’re in Cozumel go see our friend Rob, his nickname is Chewy.  If you stop in you’ll get lots of samples, and whenever we buy a bottle we always seem to get a freebie😉 thrown in.  They are right beside the T-shirt shop for Senior Frogs.

AC591D54-7E1C-4660-96EC-06935C0F2583.thumb.jpeg.a475509d8588eaf8272c3db6c6391de7.jpeg

And I have to honestly say, I’ve seen so many different Royal Caribbean ships as I have in the last few days. 

73155BB5-B003-4E5F-A39F-CE1C73F94883.thumb.jpeg.fb0fcc83f6a3f478940e67eaf0003468.jpeg

• Like 1

We also saw a man taking off his pants in the port area. I can tell you his underwear was brown, all over, but you don’t need to see a photo of that.

Now there’s another gentleman that we saw on embarcation day morning and a few times since. Every day he’s been wearing his sash, and taking in the attention. He gladly let me take his photo.

228864ED-5B24-44EE-BA42-CCBC5B3ACB77.thumb.jpeg.bf228cf630180fa31ce89432e375ed44.jpeg

Sounds like will be doing some major liver detoxing when you come home! Anyone who bought the drink package, I’m assuming it’s been extended throughout length of cruise?  Thoroughly enjoying your review as always, always wave to you as you fly over my Detroit hometown but I guess not this trip. Will they be giving a final count of passengers that stayed?

13 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Where is the restaurant Calamari?

we may stop by and ask for

your waitress and tell her Andrew sent us. 

Margarita Ville. 

12 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

We'll be visiting Chewy on Harmony in October! Thanks Andrew!

Please do. Maybe stop at SR Frogs as well. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I used my navigation to get to to hotel, and you could only imagine my surprise when it said “make a u-turn on North Harry Baals Dr”.  And for those of you who have never been to Fort Wayne, the navigation said it just how it sounded. You could only imagine the laughter we had at dinner over dinner.

I too live in The Fort. Harry was once the mayor of our fair city! 

Edited by luvIU

Just a little bit of home coming to you.  2 sets of goalie gear.  My son and his buddy after camp.  He HAD to be a goalie.   I HAD to get rid of my smaller car to load all the gear 🤣😩🤔. Our tryouts start Wednesday - best of luck to Owen!

ECBCE719-DCC7-4A2E-9FDB-6186B705AE2E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1