Princess Cruise Line Colosseum Tours - ROM-105 in Rome ?

magcdg

Has anyone taken a Princess St. Peter's, Colosseum, Forum & St. Peter's in Chains tour (where you can go inside the Colosseum) and been denied entry to the Colosseum due to the long lines? I just noticed under "Special Notes" saying that they have the right to do so.

If you have been on this tour, what are your impressions?

Thanks!

Hi! Have only been to the Colosseum, outside. Never been inside, and honestly, looking at these crowds during summer season two years ago, I did not feel interested in going inside. As a participant of an organized cruise line tour, including an admission for entering the historic site, I wouldn't be afraid of not being allowed to enter. The cruise lines are booking huge quantities of admissions and the operators know how many visitors to expect at any given period of time. So - relax and enjoy the ride! Of course, summe season in Rome can be a bummer, ... too many people from all over the world, and the numbers are still increasing, thanks to China and India... key word "overtourism". Getting to the world-famous Trevi Fountain, you will be stuck in an overcrowded place full of pick-pockets, people posing holding selfiesticks... and I felt very sorry for those who are living there as normal citizens...

• Like 1