New to Holland /Neptune Suite Q's for on a 1 day sailing

MoyCoy

Hell

I am trying Holland for the first time in Sep.  A 1 day on the Oosterdam Seattle to Vancouver.  We are platinum on Princess and have sailed serval times in suites on NCL and Celebrity. This will be my first time on Holland America and my first sailing on a Suite for a 1 day. We are testing the waters, so to speak , before we book a week long cruise in 2021

I have reviewed the benefits of the Neptune suite.  But I wonder how practically do those benefits apply for a one day.  My PCC told me that one must be out of the room quite early since they have changed their policy last year.

1- Can I have breakfast in the suite on embarkation day?

2- Can you order lunch in your room on embarkation day?

3- We will be sailing with family, who are in a inside.  But I am in a walking boot and am using a scooter.  I need their help with my luggage and help watching my young  my children. My Husband will board arrive at the port 1 hour after I check in.  Can they at least board with me?

4-How is the embarkation process different for Neptune Suites?

5- I adore Princess and Celebrity. How is Holland similar? How are they different?

Edited by MoyCoy

Some reading around the board would be beneficial. There wasn't any policy change last year that I am aware of...you can stay in your room as late as final call for disembarking, which should be around 9:30, and you can have breakfast in your room on the day you get off.

I doubt you can order room service for lunch on boarding day, but that is probably not very commonly done.

Neptune Suites get priority embarkation no matter what time they appear at the dock. Similar to Princess. Can't answer your question about getting your family aboard with you, but if you arrive around 10:30, changes are good you can board together. If nothing else, you board with their group.

Neptune suites board before other cabins. Since you are in need of assistance you are allowed to bring one attendant with you, as well as your children, of course. If you need more assistance than that you can wait and board with your family when it's their turn. The crew members also will assist with your carry-ons while you scoot aboard.

You will embark long after breakfast time; you can have room service breakfast before you disembark the next morning.
You can call for room service lunch after you embark, or go to the Lido, Dive-in, or dining room if you are on board early enough. Remember, crew is very busy with other duties on embarkation day, such as moving and delivering luggage, or on-loading supplies, so Room Service may not be the best choice.

You can stay in your cabin until your disembarkation number is called unless you want assistance from the crew. People needing assistance disembarking have a designated assembly area and are given a time to arrive there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Some reading around the board would be beneficial. There wasn't any policy change last year that I am aware of...you can stay in your room as late as final call for disembarking, which should be around 9:30, and you can have breakfast in your room on the day you get off.

I doubt you can order room service for lunch on boarding day, but that is probably not very commonly done.

Neptune Suites get priority embarkation no matter what time they appear at the dock. Similar to Princess. Can't answer your question about getting your family aboard with you, but if you arrive around 10:30, changes are good you can board together. If nothing else, you board with their group.

Thank you for your reply.  I read through the HAL for Dummy sticky post.  But wondered if things have changed .  My PCC told me a policy changed 1 year ago allowing those embarking to board and enter their rooms by 11am.  This means that the rooms will need to evacuated earlier than usual. In light of the policy change I wondered how that would impact room service, etc.  I really appreciate your help!

Edited by MoyCoy

22 minutes ago, MoyCoy said:

Thank you for your reply.  I read through the HAL for Dummy sticky post.  But wondered if things have changed .  My PCC told me a policy changed 1 year ago allowing those embarking to board and enter their rooms by 11am.  This means that the rooms will need to evacuated earlier than usual. In light of the policy change I wondered how that would impact room service, etc.  I really appreciate your help!

No policy change has happened. Boarding starts around 11:30, rooms will be ready then. You may stay in your cabin until final call for disembarking,  around 9:30. This policy has not changed and is discussed here frequently. 

The only change,  at least 3 or 4 years ago, is that rooms will be ready when boarding starts.  Discussed here almost daily.

7 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

We are testing the waters, so to speak , before we book a week long cruise in 2021

The others have answered your questions, I think.  I just wanted to point out that a one night on a cruise may not be a very good sample of what a one week cruise will be like 😉 

One nighters can potentially have a lot of party people on board.  It is a very rushed and busy cruise with the  quick turn around day for the crew.  

• Haha 1